You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Question for BB drivers

25 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

Given that Russian BB jave invanit ramge and dispite that they are "inaccurate" at long range they seem to have tighter groupings than Crusiers and they never miss.  And as an added bounces HE bounces off because of stupid high armor.

Why not just always play a Russian?

Granted I dont play BB only get fired at from them or fly over them.

No arguments please this is suppose to be discussion only.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 minute ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

The spelling is strong with this one..

Thats what you have. I keep forgetting how childish this forum is.

Need to remember that

[WOLFC]
Members
690 posts
25,507 battles

Never hurts to read through your own post before hitting the submit button.

• Cool 3

[WPORT]
Members
5,490 posts
10,518 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Given that Russian BB jave invanit ramge and dispite that they are "inaccurate" at long range they seem to have tighter groupings than Crusiers and they never miss.  And as an added bounces HE bounces off because of stupid high armor.

I don't have Russian BB's in my port.  Just haven't gotten around to grinding them.  I have some cruisers and destroyers, though.

The Russian BB's sink just like other 'botes, when damaged enough.

Reasons for playing a ship vary, but they can include a variety of preferences and interests and simply to satisfy curiosity.
I'm a U.S. Citizen, plyaing on the North American server.  I've been to Japan and enjoy anime.  
I've got US and Japanese ships along with German and Russian and Italian and British ships in my port.  

Members
2,899 posts
36,702 battles

OP, Russian BBs offer an interesting fighting style that some players are not comfortable with.

However, each BB tech tree offers something interesting.

Having said that, you would want to be successful in the BB tech tree you are comfortable fighting in. It has to suit your fighting style.

Disregard the immature comments. I fully understand that not all players posting on this forum use English as their primary language. So misspelled words don't bother me.

And yes, your assessment is correct about some players but that is only because of a lack of awareness or a lack of good manners.

Sure , some of us make jokes here. But not everyone will like those jokes.

And forum rules are in place to ensure that OP can post an idea, question, opinion, etc without any direct disrespect.

Some players walk that line. I suggest you just keep posting your questions.

An intelligent player will provide an answer.

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,175 posts
16,890 battles

I'm only up to tier 8 in Russian Battleships but for me they have no personality. Sure, great medium range guns but they all seem to be the same with no differing characteristics. The French and German Battleships have different characteristics at every tier it seems. American Battleships, the premium ones at least, are also unique, which I suppose goes without saying. I had this fight in the Mighty MO yesterday:

1301352241_MightyMo1.thumb.jpg.090644ef49eba6aa66454282ca46a650.jpg

Perhaps I'm just not getting a 'feel' for the Russian BBs but I'd rather sail every other line. I do enjoy playing against them however especially when the captain is sailing broadside for whatever reason; big citadels. 

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles

I just like playing them all, you can make all the nations BBs work. I did grind the whole Russian line but don't really play my Kremlin much. As someone else said its just what fits your style is what you play and it just not my style, the only reasons I did the grind was: if we needed it in Clan battles, (Which this ship is perfectly suit to that mode) and its a finishing line of sorts. I got to finish what I started that's just me.

Like right now I am grinding through the Heavy UK cruisers, its frustrating but I started it now I'm going to finish it. Even if so far they aren't that fun, but in some ways the challenge of making them work is the fun.

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,381 posts
9,803 battles

Russian battleships are good for killing CV's at range, and to that extent they are truly beautiful. :Smile_teethhappy:

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,125 posts
7,989 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Given that Russian BB jave invanit ramge and dispite that they are "inaccurate" at long range they seem to have tighter groupings than Crusiers and they never miss. 

Because Soviet BBs don't have "tighter groupings than crusiers",  and compared to the Kreml the Yamato still has all around superior gunnery (32mm overmatch with greater alpha, reload, range and accuracy at most relevant combat ranges).

• Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
20 minutes ago, yashma said:

Because Soviet BBs don't have "tighter groupings than crusiers",  and compared to the Kreml the Yamato still has all around superior gunnery (32mm overmatch with greater alpha, reload, range and accuracy at most relevant combat ranges).

I have only been on the reciving end so perception is my personal reality!  

Mind you I am not complaning just observing.

By the by do you know what Massive AA fire is suppose to do?  The subscription seems to contradict its self.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
661 posts
6,278 battles

Warspite seems like it can turn inside a closet. Scharnhorst looks cool.  Massachusetts is crazy fun.  And of course I'm going to play my Musashi. 

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,700 battles

well not sure but I have 311 ships and play them all (which spreads things a little thin at times) but I can't say one line is so superior to another, 

other than Russian ships are less likely to get nerfed or "readjusted "  with negative effects than other nationalities.

some people are less able to adjust their play style to fit individual ships or in game national traits. Those people should find what works for them and stick with it.  

but any ship should be played at least 25 times before you chuck it. And I compare MY stats with how I did with them to my other ships of same type and tr. 

as for a Russian Bias in wow, LOL that has been a much discussed topic... ships never built are harder to firmly evaluate, lot of wiggle room.

Not that facts ever got in the way of a buff or nerf by WG, 

In general I find ships are most true to life when they first are introduced. before they are buffed into blandness.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
7,483 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Because you'd get bored really quickly. The VMF BBs are mostly kinda soulless to play, they have high sides and whale-y handling, so it enforces a certain playstyle on you whether you like it or not. Yes, Sinop and Kreml are more resistant to being punished if you have to turn out, but I have been punished in them (and punished them), so they're not invulnerable. The short range also makes you position a certain way every match, and even Kreml's range is barely adequate in modern T10 games.

For me at least, they might be the most boring BB line I've gone through so far.

Members
59 posts
2,621 battles

I am now on the T6 Russian BB, gonna own the T7 one in a few days. For me, Russian BBs are quite powerful in mid to short range and are nice cruiser hunters. You need to take advantage of the terrain to get close to enemies and fire at them. Within 15 kilometers, it's your slaughter time, but beware of your citadel, too. 

Edited by Impitoyable_5929_x
add another sentence

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,782 posts
4,631 battles
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

The better competitiion teams pretty much do.

1 hour ago, MnemonScarlet said:

For me at least, they might be the most boring BB line I've gone through so far.

I hadn't heard it put that way, but so far (and I'm not high up yet) that seems to be pretty much true.  Compared to French BBs, they have no soul. I don't even like RN BBs, but they do have some personality.  RU BBs feel more like .. automatons.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
1 hour ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Because you'd get bored really quickly. The VMF BBs are mostly kinda soulless to play, they have high sides and whale-y handling, so it enforces a certain playstyle on you whether you like it or not. Yes, Sinop and Kreml are more resistant to being punished if you have to turn out, but I have been punished in them (and punished them), so they're not invulnerable. The short range also makes you position a certain way every match, and even Kreml's range is barely adequate in modern T10 games.

This.  I got the T5 when the line came out.  Never even thought about getting the T6.

I might play it to get some potential damage if a mission for that is on, but it is boring.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles

12 GKs vs 12 Kremlins!  Who ya got?

12 Montanas vs 12 Yamatos!  Who ya got?

12 GKs vs 12 Yamatos!  Who ya got?

:Smile_trollface:

[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
7,483 battles
28 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The better competitiion teams pretty much do.

I hadn't heard it put that way, but so far (and I'm not high up yet) that seems to be pretty much true.  Compared to French BBs, they have no soul. I don't even like RN BBs, but they do have some personality.  RU BBs feel more like .. automatons.

That would be miserable for me, I played Sinop to rank out in the epicenter sprint season, and I can't stand to touch Sinop now.

Kreml would likely be the same thing in CB or ranked.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,074 battles
7 hours ago, jags_domain said:

But those HIGH citadels though. Granted, Kremlin is flat out OP. 

4 hours ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Warspite seems like it can turn inside a closet. Scharnhorst looks cool.  Massachusetts is crazy fun.  And of course I'm going to play my Musashi. 

You got that right; at half speed Warspite can turn around in a bathtub. 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
18 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

But those HIGH citadels though. Granted, Kremlin is flat out OP. 

You got that right; at half speed Warspite can turn around in a bathtub. 

Just had my forst encounter with a Kremlin in coop.

Stupid powerful. No russian bias there!

Sharn is fun. I dont really play bb if I do I take my Scharn into coop for some sec or tanking thing we have to do.

[INTEL]
Members
13,061 posts
36,036 battles

I hate the Russian BBs, and won't touch them. They are just ridiculous cheat botes to me. 

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles
On 2/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, jags_domain said:

By the by do you know what Massive AA fire is suppose to do?  The subscription seems to contradict its self.

Ditch that captain skill, Its complete garbage.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,042 posts
13,308 battles
On 2/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, jags_domain said:

Thats what you have. I keep forgetting how childish this forum is.

Need to remember that

It’s unreasonable to be butthurt that someone responds with the same level of effort you gave your own post.

Members
224 posts
6,093 battles

I have the Kremlin and I love it but I find I do better in the German GK. I've been saved a few times by the GK's secondaries when DDs get a little too close.

Each BB is different and each BB has to be played differently.