Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kagatori

Battleship Help

3 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Beta Testers
24 posts
5,586 battles

I set a personal goal to finish up uncompleted missions from the "Science of Victory" campaign. However the majority of the missions left are difficult things like "Destroy 3 ships in single battle as a BB" or "Hit 5 citadels in a single battle".

I tried BB's in beta test, but have avoided them as much as possible, as I don't find much success with them. However, they are required for the mission so I would like to be able to play them at least well enough to complete it.

As you can see in these replays, I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do, or how to do it. I understand the AP mechanics on paper, and I take shots using the information and ticks on the radicle indicator, but the shells rarely make meaningful contact. I do try and aim for the waterline. Sometimes i get 1 citadel a game, but normally I don't get any citadel ribbons.

I'm doing what I think is "ok" based on the current situation during the game, and then all of a sudden go from healthy to sunk. Its been difficult to improve, because too much happens so fast, I cant even identify if what i did was wrong.

My recent BB games have been like this:

20200221_194900_PFSB506-Dunkerque-1940_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

20200221_195952_PJSB506-Mutsu_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

If anyone has some general advice it would be much appreciated.

Members
2,982 posts
36,778 battles
6 hours ago, Kagatori said:

I set a personal goal to finish up uncompleted missions from the "Science of Victory" campaign. However the majority of the missions left are difficult things like "Destroy 3 ships in single battle as a BB" or "Hit 5 citadels in a single battle".

I tried BB's in beta test, but have avoided them as much as possible, as I don't find much success with them. However, they are required for the mission so I would like to be able to play them at least well enough to complete it.

As you can see in these replays, I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do, or how to do it. I understand the AP mechanics on paper, and I take shots using the information and ticks on the radicle indicator, but the shells rarely make meaningful contact. I do try and aim for the waterline. Sometimes i get 1 citadel a game, but normally I don't get any citadel ribbons.

I'm doing what I think is "ok" based on the current situation during the game, and then all of a sudden go from healthy to sunk. Its been difficult to improve, because too much happens so fast, I cant even identify if what i did was wrong.

Well, I am unable to see the replays as I am not home.

But the two BBs you are using shoot entirely different.

Dunkerque has meh consistency at range. The only way to get multiple citadels is really up close in a drive by.

Mutsu can be consistent at 14km, avoid double tapping for broadsides at that rangem instead try single fire. Mutsu is quite accurate.

To get multiple citadels with Mutsu, your target has to be a tier 6 cruiser or BB and tier 5 BB. Tier 5s cruisers tend to be thin and overpen is frequent.

For Mutsu, the zone is 10km as Mutsu shoots flattest there. Catch your target wide and aim with emphasis being between two turrets if possible.

This gives you the highest chance as most midship designs have their torpedo protection thickest, but tapers a bit at the turrets.

If you know your typical opponent, then put that target ship in the training room. There you can practice hitting the ships and know exactly where you are most consistent.

All BBs shoot different, so stick with one for now and work on the point of impact. Since you have two, try Mutsu first.

Practice does make perfect. Any new BB you get, you must practice and see how the shells hit at different distances.

It will take you very little time to hone this skill.

Alpha Tester
1,375 posts
12,535 battles
7 hours ago, Kagatori said:

Know your opponate armor schemes along with your own, with this learn your overmatch theasholds. At that tier Mutsu can overmatch every ship at her tier and tier 7 (minus German bb bow armor sections). While dunkerque can't overmatch same tier BBs or even tier 5 bbs.

Sign in to follow this