You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

Destroying a ship's gun/torps

6 comments in this topic

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Hey there,

I have a question about destroying a ship's guns or torps permanently.   Does the gun/torp tubes get destroyed permanently after "X" of damage or after "X" of times they have been temporarily disabled?  Do they only get perma destroyed if they get hit again during repairing phase?

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles
4 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Hey there,

I have a question about destroying a ship's guns or torps permanently.   Does the gun/torp tubes get destroyed permanently after "X" of damage or after "X" of times they have been temporarily disabled?  Do they only get perma destroyed if they get hit again during repairing phase?

There is damage for each module and once that damage has been eclipsed there is a chance of it being destroyed iirc

I believe they can only be destroyed while they are damaged, but if 2 shells hit in the same salvo and rng is against you it can be destroyed with one salvo.

Members
4,364 posts
11,269 battles

Each module has its own health pool and once it gets below a certain point there’s a chance it can get knocked out. Once its health pool reaches zero it’s destroyed but it can also be destroyed if it gets hit while knocked out and passes another incapacitation roll. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

It isn't common and no where near as common as it was in reality where even a five inch shell in the wrong spot can jam a BB's turret.

[SYN]
Members
15,862 posts
12,803 battles

All ship main modules have a hidden HP value.

The lowest are DDs and they supposedly have 4000HP per turret, torpedo tube mount, engine and rudder.
Bigger ships have modules with more HP, but I don't know the exact numbers

AFAIK, All AA guns have at least 300HP and all secondary turrets have at least 1000HP.

AFAIK, Turret and Torpedo mounts knock out chance is random with some kind of alpha damage sustained modifier.

Once those modules take more damage than their HP, they will be permanently destroyed, except engine and rudder.

For engine and rudder, they become more easy to knock out after they lose all their HP.

All the hidden data can probably be found on gamemodels3d.com, but I think you need to subscribe to see that data.