Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cthuhulu

Graf Spee is a gud bote

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

121
[USMC-]
Members
291 posts
8,100 battles

This ship absolutely clicks for me. My win rate is around 64% and I have playing it pretty heavily lately. Been averaging 60k damage and couple of kills per game lately.

Edited by cthuhulu
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[-AGW-]
Members
980 posts
13,584 battles

Must be all those tasty British cruisers. I should take it out for a spin again :)

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
987
[A-I-M]
Members
3,014 posts
22,121 battles

Its also quite forgiving of captain builds, so you can level up about any captain in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,657
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
39 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

This ship absolutely clicks for me. My win rate is around 64% and I have playing it pretty heavily lately. Been averaging 60k damage and couple of kills per game lately.

Take a look at what armor changes on other ships in 0.9.2 are going to do to those 11" guns... not pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Take a look at what armor changes on other ships in 0.9.2 are going to do to those 11" guns... not pretty.

Graf Spee has 11” BB guns so it may be a little different from the other CAs. If WG sabotaged the 11” guns they would hurt the guns and sales of 2 of their premium warships. ( Graf Spee and Sharnhorst)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[-AGW-]
Members
980 posts
13,584 battles

I thought premiums - actual premiums - were immune from nerfing? 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,657
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Graf Spee has 11” BB guns so it may be a little different from the other CAs. If WG sabotaged the 11” guns they would hurt the guns and sales of 2 of their premium warships. ( Graf Spee and Sharnhorst)

If I'm reading the notes and PTS correctly, the areas of armor on many tier VI and VII cruisers that 11" guns can't overmatch are getting much larger. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,099
[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,654 posts
34,946 battles
1 minute ago, NashW8 said:

I thought premiums - actual premiums - were immune from nerfing? 

Sure. They were also 'never' adding submarines, or selling T10 Premiums, or... (shall I go on?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,657
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
2 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

I thought premiums - actual premiums - were immune from nerfing? 

It's not a nerf to the ship, it's a "global change" that affects the ships that they're firing at. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,656
[WOLF3]
Members
27,099 posts
23,865 battles
27 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Graf Spee has 11” BB guns so it may be a little different from the other CAs. If WG sabotaged the 11” guns they would hurt the guns and sales of 2 of their premium warships. ( Graf Spee and Sharnhorst)

WG didn't care for Blyskawica when she was being sold on the premise of Stealth Fire right out of the box, and then pulled the mechanic from the game.  She has never been compensated for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

WG didn't care for Blyskawica when she was being sold on the premise of Stealth Fire right out of the box, and then pulled the mechanic from the game.  She has never been compensated for that.

That is different, that is a gimmick mechanic and not a main weapons mechanic. Plus that is a Polish ship and not one of the the main naval nations so that could slide under the rug.

Graf Spee and Scharnhorst 11” guns on the other hand are primary weapons systems that have to work or else will render the ships inoperable. And considering Germany is one of the main navies back in WWI-WWII, WG would have to answer for those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,656
[WOLF3]
Members
27,099 posts
23,865 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That is different, that is a gimmick mechanic and not a main weapons mechanic. Plus that is a Polish ship and not one of the the main naval nations so that could slide under the rug.

Graf Spee and Scharnhorst 11” guns on the other hand are primary weapons systems that have to work or else will render the ships inoperable. And considering Germany is one of the main navies back in WWI-WWII, WG would have to answer for those.

It is the same thing.  So much of her attack power was based off of Stealth Fire.  It's the reason why she existed in the game.  But it's a Polish ship, so I guess it's okay to get thrown under the bus, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,657
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

Regardless, the point is that Graf Spee and Scharnhorst are about to get hammered by the armor changes in 0.9.2, along with quite a few of the 14" and 15" armed BBs, and it's barely drawing comment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,090
[BB35]
Beta Testers
3,112 posts
25,969 battles
2 hours ago, cthuhulu said:

This ship absolutely clicks for me. My win rate is around 64% and I have playing it pretty heavily lately. Been averaging 60k damage and couple of kills per game lately.

Yah ain gut bote.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,090
[BB35]
Beta Testers
3,112 posts
25,969 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

WG didn't care for Blyskawica when she was being sold on the premise of Stealth Fire right out of the box, and then pulled the mechanic from the game.  She has never been compensated for that.

money talks in this business 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
10 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It is the same thing.  So much of her attack power was based off of Stealth Fire.  It's the reason why she existed in the game.  But it's a Polish ship, so I guess it's okay to get thrown under the bus, eh?

Sadly yes a lone Polish ship likely would be deemed by WG and much of the player base to be acceptable to have thrown under the bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,459
[WOLFG]
Members
29,134 posts
8,345 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Sadly yes a lone Polish ship likely would be deemed by WG and much of the player base to be acceptable to have thrown under the bus.

For much of the playerbase, it's acceptable to throw any ship under the bus, provided it's not a ship they have or plan to get.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,657
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
14 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

For much of the playerbase, it's acceptable to throw any ship under the bus, provided it's not a ship they have or plan to get.....

Indeed, sadly, a chunk of the playerbase can't see beyond their own narrow interests...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
662
[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

I like the Graf Spee.  It has strong guns and pretty good range on the "get away from me torps".  I haven't played it much lately, but always enjoyed playing it when I had the chance.  Maybe I'll take it out for a spin for old times sake.

I've had the Blyskawica since early in the game and the stealth fire nerf never bothered me.  I felt it made the game better, and because it was a global nerf and not a ship nerf, I was ok.   

I am not so happy when WG announces direct ship nerfs to individual premium ships.  That sets a bad precedence for bait and switch going forward.  I am much more willing to miss out on a strong ship by having it pulled from the market, than having it nerfed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[WAP]
Beta Testers
317 posts
10,150 battles

Time to buy stock in tin mining companies.   Blyz wasn't even the most complained about offender. It was a toxic mechanism and needed to go away.  The Blyz is in an ok place now.  Not great but not horrible either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,657
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
4 minutes ago, Tibson said:

Time to buy stock in tin mining companies.   Blyz wasn't even the most complained about offender. It was a toxic mechanism and needed to go away.  The Blyz is in an ok place now.  Not great but not horrible either. 

Maybe re-read the thread and see why Blyz actually came up -- hint, it wasn't about whether the IFHE changes would impact that ship. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,191
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,934 posts
11,605 battles

i like my GS, she's got the guns and the, as Lert has dubbed them, "Nasty Scorpion Tail Torpedoes" to which i now refer to torps with that kind of firing angle lovingly

Edited by tcbaker777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[WAP]
Beta Testers
317 posts
10,150 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Maybe re-read the thread and see why Blyz actually came up -- hint, it wasn't about whether the IFHE changes would impact that ship. 

Well duh. It was the stealth firing that I was referring to.  I assumed that was self evident based on the context, but apparently not to everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
7 hours ago, Skpstr said:

For much of the playerbase, it's acceptable to throw any ship under the bus, provided it's not a ship they have or plan to get.....

True enough, but once again that means Scharnhorst is more protected as far as the player base’s option goes. So many players have that ship or else have the Graf Spee or both. So the affected population of the game would be high if the German 11” guns were to be severely nerfed. Particularly when said 11” guns while strong are far from overpowered which yet again makes the general opinion of them higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×