You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

2 good CV players versus 2 bad CV players at Tier VIII.

48 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
35 minutes ago, Learux said:

Guess who won? Tier VIII with 2 CV's why is that even a thing?

The result would likely not be any different if you swapped out CV's for DD's?

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Because matchmaking was too slow. It normally isn't a thing. It gets especially bad at lower tiers late night. Once had a 6v6 with 3 CVs. ...I don't think anyone enjoyed that, honestly. CV vs CV sucks, after all.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,705 battles
24 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

this

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,066 battles
23 minutes ago, WernerHerzdog said:

The two bad CVs won because the skill gap was removed, obviously

Image result for laugh meme

Members
704 posts
10,015 battles

it doesnt matter how good either cvs are when teams just suicide and go die in the opening minutes, cv skill or not. Better yet why dont we adress rocket planes for cv balance and then we have can have this talk.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,886 posts
9,949 battles

Hmm....I'd say MM won as you are obviously using it (or did you only discover 2 of those CV's were good based on game play, which is kinda liable to be inaccurate due to all the variables involved?)

Edited by Anonymous50

[RKLES]
Members
807 posts

This was a match on Early Friday evening EST.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with this game. I might have to take a little hiatus and look for something else to play.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
1 hour ago, Learux said:

For once, you can't blame me :)

usually works that way with MM.....

ships are balancebalanced,  skill never is.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
5 minutes ago, Learux said:

This was a match on Early Friday evening EST.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with this game. I might have to take a little hiatus and look for something else to play.

Relax have fun and do your best.

Ignore win loss and focus on trying to influence what you can.

After all we have all won our side to look around and see most of your team died to 3 enemy ships....

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,025 battles

Go ask the guy in the CV thread who thinks CVs are totally balanced and fine and anyone who says otherwise is a whiner because he said so. He should be here any second now given "CV" is in the caption and he comes into all CV threads to whine about CV rants. :cap_horn:

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
3,471 posts
14,816 battles

You can have the 2 best CV players of WOWS, if your entire team suicide, it doesn't matter at all.

2 vs 22 in a CV isn't fun.

[BONKS]
Members
1,496 posts
50 battles
1 hour ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

it doesnt matter how good either cvs are when teams just suicide and go die in the opening minutes, cv skill or not.

52 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

You can have the 2 best CV players of WOWS, if your entire team suicide, it doesn't matter at all.

I've been in that position a couple of times before, actually. Example:
kOAEvmx.png

And I can tell you that 2 SU CVs actually kill the enemy team faster than your own team can try to suicide. This is because CVs start dealing damage at the very beginning of the match when no other class effectively can and every enemy killed reduces the rate at which your own teammates die. Wiping entire flanks, something that already can be accomplished by a single SU CV over time, becomes boringly trivial. Unless your own CVs can somewhat keep up, a rather unlikely prospect given average skill, or the SU CVs somehow heavily misplay the match is unwinnable.
In fact every ship on their own team killed actually favors the SU CVs as they get more time to farm. It's quite funny.

2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

That would depend on how skilled the enemy team was since personal skill matters against DDs while it doesn't at all against CVs, no? E.g. if you have potato DDs on your team vs SU DDs on the enemy side an equal/higher amount of SU cruisers/BBs on your team could still make up for the difference. That's not the case with CVs. The "normal" surface ship limitations do not apply to CVs in this regard as they tend not to in general.

Now to be fair this is a practically non-existing occurrence.  I can count the amount of times this has happened to me over several thousand battles since the rework on two hands, maybe even one.
Maybe it's different on other servers, tho. Especially on SEA since they have a much higher CV population in general.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I've been in that position a couple of times before, actually. Example:
kOAEvmx.png

And I can tell you that 2 SU CVs actually kill the enemy team faster than your own team can try to suicide. This is because CVs start dealing damage at the very beginning of the match when no other class effectively can and every enemy killed reduces the rate at which your own teammates die. Wiping entire flanks, something that already can be accomplished by a single SU CV over time, becomes boringly trivial. Unless your own CVs can somewhat keep up, a rather unlikely prospect given average skill, or the SU CVs somehow heavily misplay the match is unwinnable.
In fact every ship on their own team killed actually favors the SU CVs as they get more time to farm. It's quite funny.

That would depend on how skilled the enemy team was since personal skill matters against DDs while it doesn't at all against CVs, no? E.g. if you have potato DDs on your team vs SU DDs on the enemy side an equal/higher amount of SU cruisers/BBs on your team could still make up for the difference. That's not the case with CVs. The "normal" surface ship limitations do not apply to CVs in this regard as they tend not to in general.

Now to be fair this is a practically non-existing occurrence.  I can count the amount of times this has happened to me over several thousand battles since the rework on two hands, maybe even one.
Maybe it's different on other servers, tho. Especially on SEA since they have a much higher CV population in general.

True to an extent but when one teams DD die early and quickly their team is way behind the power curve.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,760 posts
21,529 battles
1 hour ago, Vector03 said:

The CVs win, as usual. It's so hard to kill them, they're always the last ships on the board.

Someone has to be the "last ships" whether it is camping BB's, hiding DD's, or CV's sailing far from harm's way. And DD's are quite a bit harder to kill than CV's when the last ships in the battle.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,025 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

2 vs 22 in a CV isn't fun.

And those two CVs will be alive until the end of the game, all the while farming free damage.

Or...

You can have the two best DD players in Wows and if your two CVs are worse than the enemy's two CVs it doesn't matter at all.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Maybe it would. Cv's have much more impact into a battle than any other ship. Having good CV vs bad CV is much worse than having good DD vs bad DD. 

Not to mention that there are tools like radar/Hydro and RPF that can help to counter DDs. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
2 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Maybe it would. Cv's have much more impact into a battle than any other ship. Having good CV vs bad CV is much worse than having good DD vs bad DD. 

Not to mention that there are tools like radar/Hydro and RPF that can help to counter DDs. 

At nowhere near the impact that they did in the RTS days baring unicum level players who do have a similar impact to the RTS days

[TWFT]
Members
1,346 posts
37,409 battles

WG has to make a way for players that are ADHD and have no patience to be able to do the same amount of damage good players have to do using ship positioning and tactics.  CV just have to fly around and point and click.  They are a low skilled class of ship now.

[TWFT]
Members
1,346 posts
37,409 battles
34 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

At nowhere near the impact that they did in the RTS days baring unicum level players who do have a similar impact to the RTS days

And all we asked and begged for after we realized that CV sky cancer was here to stay was some type of skill based MM, In stead we got the CV RW that made the class a even more of a fun killer.

CV's just plane suck the fun out of a game that is based on one ship shooting another ship with big guns.  We are now at the point of just begging for a limit of 1 CV per side and oh no, we cant even get that!

I'm playing, but I'm not paying anymore.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,214 posts
5,679 battles
8 hours ago, Learux said:

And if you have 5x5 DDs, good vs bad players, guess who wins... CVs are no different from other types. Please, stop this kind of nonsense... 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1