You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rustyhole

"We'll make every effort to put these Operations back in the game"

52 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

Remember this gem from 8.0?

1905616327_DesktopScreenshot2020_02.21-15_48_56.36(2).thumb.png.29a7fbeced2e6b9bef34702a4cddcbc9.png

One year later and we still are waiting for the last four.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
10,660 posts
18,555 battles
1 hour ago, Rustyhole said:

Remember this gem from 8.0?

1905616327_DesktopScreenshot2020_02.21-15_48_56.36(2).thumb.png.29a7fbeced2e6b9bef34702a4cddcbc9.png

One year later and we still are waiting for the last four.

3 where limited time operations... They where for the Allies VS Axis time frame

RR returned...

The Ultimate Frontier was heavy CV... Substituting it with a BB will not give the operation justice...Not to mention the change in AA makes this operation unplayable.

Until resources are cleared from other projects... Dont expect any New operations...

Nari will return... Its to early to start spreading distrust, WG dont need help from us in that area...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

3 where limited time operations... They where for the Allies VS Axis time frame

RR returned...

The Ultimate Frontier was heavy CV... Substituting it with a BB will not give the operation justice...Not to mention the change in AA makes this operation unplayable.

Until resources are cleared from other projects... Dont expect any New operations...

Nari will return... Its to early to start spreading distrust, WG dont need help in that area...

People who play operation regularly know what WG said. They also know that operations were placed at the bottom of the priority list.

Regardless of your less than accurate interpretation of the scenario situation, WG has not upheld its promise. This was confirmed when it was announced scenarios were no longer a priority.

It has been over a year, scenarios players have a justifiable reason to call WG out on this.  

• Cool 5

[WORX]
Members
10,660 posts
18,555 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

People who play operation regularly know what WG said. They also know that operations were placed at the bottom of the priority list.

Regardless of your less than accurate interpretation of the scenario situation, WG has not upheld its promise. This was confirmed when it was announced scenarios were no longer a priority.

It has been over a year, scenarios players have a justifiable reason to call WG out on this.  

On what ??? I'll repeat what the post you referenced...

Raptor Rescue did returned...

Ultimate frontier Is AA and CV heavy we may not get it back...

3 Operations were limited time operations until they decide to bring it back...

Nari will return, its to early to cast doubts. WG dont need our help in that dept.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,598 battles

I wonder if they are already starting to develop a new space mode and a new Halloween mode and that is what the team is actually working on right now. That way they can sell us those special camos again. I thought space battles hit around April usually correct me if I am wrong. It would make more sense money wise to work on those special events I mentioned than to put time into revamping cherry blossom and ultimate frontier. I hope those two operations rerun along with Narai right now it is a wait and see with this kind of a thing. It has been well over a year though so yes I am very disappointed with cherry blossom and ultimate frontier not be back yet.

[QNA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
66 posts
10,398 battles
25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

We're not asking for "NEW" operations, we're simply asking for the old ones that allegedly were being worked on from the moment 8.0 dropped to make a return. And no, those other ops were not just for some Allies vs Axis event, they were available 24/7 the entirety of 2018 right up until January 2019 when 8.0 dropped and they got yanked, that's not a "temporary" scenario no matter how many drugs you take.

All Scenario players are asking, is the older ops come back. AS PROMISED. We'd be delighted to get more operations in addition to the old ones, but the old ones were promised to make a return and that's all we're asking for... keep the promises, return the old ops. If NEW ops come eventually great, if not oh well... we've survived this long with just 8 operations, we can wait another 2+ years for more.

We can't, and more importantly WON'T wait 1 or more years to get 'NEW' operations, when we currently have 5 that were already programmed sitting on a shelf somewhere that were promised to come back and haven't.

• Cool 5

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

On what ??? I'll repeat what the post you referenced...

The WG post listed 5 scenarios that they said would return. You were correct on Rapture Rescue. Narai is scheduled to return.

WG did not say 3 of the remaining were limited time ops, they said they would return.

• Cool 3

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
11 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The WG post listed 5 scenarios that they said would return. You were correct on Rapture Rescue. Narai is scheduled to return.

WG did not say 3 of the remaining were limited time ops, they said they would return.

Technically returning as a redo of a limited time event is  still returning. Some of them could be done, and they could be sitting on them for event purposes. WG does it all the time with ships, so seems entirely plausible to me.

Edit: Not to mention they never mentioned soon, or how large of a team is dedicated to trying very hard. Could be 1 guy.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup
  • Funny 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
457 posts
20,267 battles

As much as I want the Ops to return as promised, I don't hold out much hope of seeing them anytime soon.

Has anyone played co-op since the CV rework against an enemy CV?  The planes have been a joke to be ignored for a year now.  If they can't fix the AI for the planes, then they can't bring back the missing Ops.

But they can launch submarines.

[WOOK3]
Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles
8 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Technically returning as a redo of a limited time event is  still returning. Some of them could be done, and they could be sitting on them for event purposes. WG does it all the time with ships, so seems entirely plausible to me.

Edit: Not to mention they never mentioned soon, or how large of a team is dedicated to trying very hard. Could be 1 guy.

1 guy is not "every effort". 

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
24 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

WG only stated they would return. However I think only one in the year its been since they were removed is not what WG implied.

I do agree WG is noted for not communicating their intentions clearly.

The main cause for my disagreement with Navalpride33 is the comment "its to early to cast doubts". The forum is the place to voice concerns and areas of dissatisfaction.

The OP did not threaten to close his wallet, quit the game or other extreme actions as some championing other issues have called for.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,660 posts
18,555 battles
32 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yes they did, it was obvious... Operation Dynamo was in the same time frame as the promotion and release of the movie of the same name..

It was a good promotion of Axis and Allies parallel with the Movie when it first came out... It was stated in the podcast...

36 minutes ago, Somtaaw said:

All Scenario players are asking, is the older ops come back. AS PROMISED.

3 of those will only comeback IF WG changes them to fit the current CV AND they run the Axis VS Allies promotion again.

These 3 operations were never "promised" to return... They were a limited time use for the Movie...

Operations that did return..

• Rapture Rescue
    • They really changed it compared to when it debuted.

Ultimate Frontier as I noted may not comeback.. Casualty of the CV rework...

In essence, they have kept a promise... They have worked on getting these operations back... The 3 limited time ones... You can ask to bring them back, its up to WG to make the final call with strategic backing....

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[QNA]
66 posts
10,398 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

3 of those will only comeback IF WG changes them to fit the current CV AND they run the Axis VS Allies promotion again.

These 3 operations were never "promised" to return... They were a limited time use for the Movie...

Wargamings OWN DEV NOTES state, VERY VERY plainly, ALL the removed ops will be coming back and they're making every effort to do so. I have all their patch notes available, and not one patch note, dev note, or announcement ever stated Hermes, Cherry, or even Dunkirk were limited time only and never coming back after 2017, 2018, and clear through to January 30th 2019 which was the launch date of patch 8.0 caused them to get pulled out of the game entirely... specifically due to not being trained to handle the new plane system.

This includes the 3 ops you're stupidly trying to claim were limited time, yet were somehow were available for nearly 2 full years, and excepting Dunkirk were never EVER pulled from the moment they were introduced, until 8.0 CV rework forced them to get yanked. You're the one making the terrible claim they were actually time limited.... prove it, without something from a third-party news site, but actually tied to a WG employee, dev blog, dev announcement, or patch note.

• Cool 6

[WORX]
Members
10,660 posts
18,555 battles
2 minutes ago, Somtaaw said:

prove it, without something from a third-party news site, but actually tied to a WG employee, dev blog, dev announcement, or patch note.

I got it from the WOWS Pod cast... (you should pay attention, Important information is passed there too.)

Again I'll quote the other parts of the post you referenced..

"Operations that did return..

• Rapture Rescue

In essence, they have kept a promise... They have worked on getting these operations back... The 3 limited time ones... You can ask to bring them back, its up to WG to make the final call with strategic backing...."

Dont shoot the messenger if you dont like the message.

I am giving you the obvious reasons as to why... If you disagree... That is on you...

[QNA]
66 posts
10,398 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I got it from the WOWS Pod cast... (you should pay attention, Important information is passed there too.)

Again I'll quote the other parts of the post you referenced..

"Operations that did return..

• Rapture Rescue

In essence, they have kept a promise... They have worked on getting these operations back... The 3 limited time ones... You can ask to bring them back, its up to WG to make the final call with strategic backing...."

Dont shoot the messenger if you dont like the message.

I am giving you the obvious reasons as to why... If you disagree... That is on you...

No, those look pretty much like your opinons, because you didn't provide a link of any form. Also podcasts are a pathetic attempt to 'prove' anything, nothing from a podcast alone is verifiable because if they said the sky is actually green apparently you'd believe them, because they said it on a podcast so it must be true?

Can't prove a negative, but here are all the patchnotes from gamelaunch to now, feel free to go through them all one by one trying to find a comment that never existed outside your alleged podcast which isn't really evidence of anything. I asked for hard, concrete proof, not hearsay... which requires Dev blogs, patch notes, WG dev posts regardless of the forum, or hell I'd accept even a quote from Fem since this covers time before she split from being our representative. But thanks for the laugh that you actually thought hearsay from a podcast is apparently enough proof to start running around making wild claims that "no no, I'm serious guys. those ops that were avilable for 600+ days? TOTALLY a limited duration scenario and it's NEVER coming back!" :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 3

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

it was obvious

No, it was not obvious because WG listed it as a op that was removed due to the CV rework and would return. WG did not say, imply or even hint that Operation Dynamo would not be restored.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
42 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

WG only stated they would return. However I think only one in the year its been since they were removed is not what WG implied.

I do agree WG is noted for not communicating their intentions clearly.

The main cause for my disagreement with Navalpride33 is the comment "its to early to cast doubts". The forum is the place to voice concerns and areas of dissatisfaction.

The OP did not threaten to close his wallet, quit the game or other extreme actions as some championing other issues have called for.

Point. True enough. 

[PVE]
Members
1,443 posts
39,329 battles
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

No, it was not obvious because WG listed it as a op that was removed due to the CV rework and would return. WG did not say, imply or even hint that Operation Dynamo would not be restored.

You are just feeding a troll.

[WORX]
Members
10,660 posts
18,555 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 3:17 PM, Somtaaw said:

I'm serious guys. those ops that were avilable for 600+ days? TOTALLY a limited duration scenario and it's NEVER coming back!"

ARP ships were suppose to be for a limited time... If you have them cool if not tough...

They came back over 3 years later...

Regarding the Podcast (which I see you dont view it)... Devs from Russia join in to answer question and reveal future projects..

Again, Try to find it... I am not going to view over 2 years of pod cast to find the answers for you...

GL.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, Wombatmetal said:

1 guy is not "every effort". 

It is every effort of 1 guy, now isn't it?

That's the thing, though. WG practically talks in riddles.

Personally, I'd say it's every effort of their operations team. And what do we know about operations? They aren't working on any new ones for the time being. And, if they aren't, it's reasonable to assume the op team isn't at 100% size, but that their entire effort is focused on this. So much so that we didn't get a new Haloween op. So much so that they didn't even update the haloween sub op and rerelease it. We basically got harder modes I'd not be shocked if only involved minor stat tweaks you could probably do in a single work day of just one guy. "Well, let's raise hp to x and y. There's only 2 different red units in saving transylvania, so copy paste! Ahh, but catapults exist... Ehh, raise the health there, too!"

Not saying that this is exactly what happened, but it's not like super duper hard modes need to be truly balanced, just possible.

[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts

I think WG probably did have intentions of returning the OPs.  Then "tweaking" the rework took more than three times longer than they thought, on top of a much larger number of players left randoms than they expected to go play PvE modes.  These modes aren't as profitable, particularly OPs.  At that point WG wasn't going to expand the content in PvE and risk losing even more players out of randoms.  Now OPs are in limbo. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I think WG probably did have intentions of returning the OPs.  Then "tweaking" the rework took more than three times longer than they thought, on top of a much larger number of players left randoms than they expected to go play PvE modes.  These modes aren't as profitable, particularly OPs.  At that point WG wasn't going to expand the content in PvE and risk losing even more players out of randoms.  Now OPs are in limbo. 

^ Pretty much this, I suppose. If you ask me, it's quite sad, really. :Smile_sad:

But what can we do? WeeGee does what WeeGee does... smh. :Smile_sceptic:

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

@Navalpride33I know that WG has stated there are not enough resources, and that chances are they will never return.

But instead of doing nothing about it like we have for the past year, I am going to keep complaining until WG decides they do have the time and resources.

If it falls of deaf ears, so be it.

[WORX]
Members
10,660 posts
18,555 battles
Just now, Rustyhole said:

@Navalpride33I know that WG has stated there are not enough resources, and that chances are they will never return.

But instead of doing nothing about it like we have for the past year, I am going to keep complaining until WG decides they do have the time and resources.

If it falls of deaf ears, so be it.

And I, know your frustration... But @Slimeball91 made a good observation as well.

[WOOK3]
Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles
19 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

It is every effort of 1 guy, now isn't it?

That's the thing, though. WG practically talks in riddles.

Personally, I'd say it's every effort of their operations team. And what do we know about operations? They aren't working on any new ones for the time being. And, if they aren't, it's reasonable to assume the op team isn't at 100% size, but that their entire effort is focused on this. So much so that we didn't get a new Haloween op. So much so that they didn't even update the haloween sub op and rerelease it. We basically got harder modes I'd not be shocked if only involved minor stat tweaks you could probably do in a single work day of just one guy. "Well, let's raise hp to x and y. There's only 2 different red units in saving transylvania, so copy paste! Ahh, but catapults exist... Ehh, raise the health there, too!"

Not saying that this is exactly what happened, but it's not like super duper hard modes need to be truly balanced, just possible.

When WG says "every effort" I take it like that end scene from Indiana Jones were the government guy tells Indy they have the top people working on it, then they bury the Ark in a warehouse

I feel that's what happened here

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3