Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

Idea - Full points for top of the table loss

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

261
[BIER]
Members
169 posts
8,722 battles

Random idea. Give the player at the top of the losing team table the full victory points. Similar to Ranked matches and the stars.

i think it would encourage people to keep playing well and not just yoloing or quitting when they are losing badly.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,589
Members
6,621 posts
20,599 battles

Just give all players a rating based on xp earned or how they played. In the end the player ratings eventually sort themselves out but it is very frustrating to do 1600 base xp and lose and have 6 teammates under 400.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[WOLFB]
Members
428 posts
7,888 battles

You could argue that perhaps the top 2 or top 3 players on the losing team could get a % of the full points.

Maybe the top player can get 75% of the full points, second 50% and third 25%.

In my eyes giving the top losing player the full points could make some people complacent to the fact that even if they win or lose they'll get full rewards, which can lead to some people not caring about the win/loss and just farming damage to top out the base XP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[BIER]
Members
169 posts
8,722 battles
Just now, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Just give all players a rating based on xp earned or how they played. In the end the player ratings eventually sort themselves out but it is very frustrating to do 1600 base xp and lose and have 6 teammates under 400.

Agreed! That is what bothered me from a game earlier today. I had one of those games where I’m slugging it out for ten minutes, doing really well and then I look up and I’m one on the last ships. Frustrating when you can’t convert good play into a reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,854 posts
15,276 battles

The simple act of being top of the scoreboard on a losing team does not imply that a player played well. All it implies is that the player played better than players that played worse than him. So in essence, it means zilch. 

By the same token, a player scoring at the bottom of a winning team does not mean that that player played terribly, just that the other players on his team played better. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,184
[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The simple act of being top of the scoreboard on a losing team does not imply that a player played well. All it implies is that the player played better than players that played worse than him. So in essence, it means zilch. 

By the same token, a player scoring at the bottom of a winning team does not mean that that player played terribly, just that the other players on his team played better. 

Exactly, Ducky.  Just being the top XP earning player on the losing team doesn't mean that said player played well enough to deserve this sort of bonus.

It might be better if a player won one of the heroic achievements then that player may be deserving of this sort of bonus.  But even that might be flawed in that it might encourage some to play for their own stats and not for the good of the team, i.e. playing to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[BIER]
Members
169 posts
8,722 battles

Hmmmm...

I think the bigger issue is that when a team gets down by 4-5 ships, players stop playing “good”. They yolo, just drive off to the edge, or just quit. Thus all the steamrolling. The battles are pretty won/loss in the first 8 mins. 
the concern that people will just play for themselves would mean they are ACTUALLY still playing.

I’m liking this idea the more I think about it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,409
[WOLFG]
Members
28,896 posts
8,143 battles
34 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

You could argue that perhaps the top 2 or top 3 players on the losing team could get a % of the full points.

Maybe the top player can get 75% of the full points, second 50% and third 25%.

In my eyes giving the top losing player the full points could make some people complacent to the fact that even if they win or lose they'll get full rewards, which can lead to some people not caring about the win/loss and just farming damage to top out the base XP.

 

Not only that, but unless you attach a minimum XP to it, a lot of people will get extra rewards that actually deserve a penalty lol.

I have an idea, let's give everyone on both teams XP based on how well they did, and if you happen to win in the process, you get a bonus! 

Besides, if you do that, to be fair, then you have to give extra reward to the top winner(s) too, because they not only did as well, but won.

Giving the person with the highest base XP, win or lose, would be ok, except that premium time is factored into base XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,705
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
1 hour ago, Mister_Tanman said:

Hmmmm...

I think the bigger issue is that when a team gets down by 4-5 ships, players stop playing “good”. They yolo, just drive off to the edge, or just quit. Thus all the steamrolling. The battles are pretty won/loss in the first 8 mins. 
the concern that people will just play for themselves would mean they are ACTUALLY still playing.

I’m liking this idea the more I think about it.

 

 

I don't see this usually in blow outs people play bad right from the get go they die fast and easy . What I do see is people coming out of hiding at the end of the game and farming good damage against lots of low health ships . Lots of times they end number 1 or in the top 3 and they didn't come out from behind the island or from the boarder till there was 5 min left in the game with lots of red ships to farm damage against . Why should they get anything ?

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,196 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Exactly, Ducky.  Just being the top XP earning player on the losing team doesn't mean that said player played well enough to deserve this sort of bonus.

It might be better if a player won one of the heroic achievements then that player may be deserving of this sort of bonus.  But even that might be flawed in that it might encourage some to play for their own stats and not for the good of the team, i.e. playing to win.

Could just give the harder achievements larger rewards tied to them. Say, a multiplier on xp/credits for winners and losers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×