You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

Clan Treasury

8 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
500 posts
12,352 battles

I'm kinda new to this deputy commander job...lots still to learn.  Today, I got curious about the clan treasury.  The documentation is awfully thin, but I think I've figured out most of it...if we get far enough in CB, we'll get some resources dumped into the clan treasury, which can be distributed to the clan members, right?  But today, I got curious and actually looked at our treasury, and discovered that we already have some coal, and there's also some OIL in there.  I know what we can do with the coal (and I even figured out where it came from), but the OIL?  How do we use that oil?  It makes no sense to distribute oil to members, and I doubt it can even be done.  How does the clan make use of the oil in our treasury?  Anybody know?

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,545 posts
33,555 battles

You use oil to build structures in the Clan Base. These structures give you discounts on things like purchasing ships, or increases bonuses like XP earned per battle or coal earned per container drop.

[OSIMA]
Members
58 posts
15,929 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 1:54 PM, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

I'm kinda new to this deputy commander job...lots still to learn.  Today, I got curious about the clan treasury.  The documentation is awfully thin, but I think I've figured out most of it...if we get far enough in CB, we'll get some resources dumped into the clan treasury, which can be distributed to the clan members, right?  But today, I got curious and actually looked at our treasury, and discovered that we already have some coal, and there's also some OIL in there.  I know what we can do with the coal (and I even figured out where it came from), but the OIL?  How do we use that oil?  It makes no sense to distribute oil to members, and I doubt it can even be done.  How does the clan make use of the oil in our treasury?  Anybody know?

What is the certain CB level that needs to be reached to see anything added to the Treasury or did you figure it out yet ?  We participate in CB's but not in a competition level like some clans.  Our Treasury is currently empty.  It seems like another waste of space within the game.  Why wouldn't they use this space for an actual Treasury, meaning where members could be donating Credits, Flags etc. or a place to even donate ships for newer players.  At least it would have some sort of benefit and actually encourage the player base to do more for one another.  Just me being curious, good day 

Edited by CptRigPig

[TORCH]
Members
500 posts
12,352 battles
53 minutes ago, CptRigPig said:

What is the certain CB level that needs to be reached to see anything added to the Treasury or did you figure it out yet ?

I'm not absolutely certain, but pretty sure you'll get some coal added to your treasury if you clan participates in clan battles, and makes it at least to Storm league.  IIRC, you also get some coal - like 2,000 or so - added to the treasury when you first build it.  Other than that, I'm pretty sure the only way to add resources to the treasury is via clan battles.

BTW, I figured out the oil.  The only shown when you click on the treasury is your clan's oil.  It's exactly the same as the oil shown up in the corner of the clan base page.  Thus, unlike other resources in the treasury, the oil can only be used by the clan.  

[OSIMA]
Members
58 posts
15,929 battles
On 2/23/2020 at 12:57 PM, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

I'm not absolutely certain, but pretty sure you'll get some coal added to your treasury if you clan participates in clan battles, and makes it at least to Storm league.  IIRC, you also get some coal - like 2,000 or so - added to the treasury when you first build it.  Other than that, I'm pretty sure the only way to add resources to the treasury is via clan battles.

BTW, I figured out the oil.  The only shown when you click on the treasury is your clan's oil.  It's exactly the same as the oil shown up in the corner of the clan base page.  Thus, unlike other resources in the treasury, the oil can only be used by the clan.  

Thank you.  So once the clan finishes all the upgrades regarding the naval base, what happens to the oil next?  We only have coal and steel to finish...

[TORCH]
Members
500 posts
12,352 battles

As far as I can figure out, once you've completed all upgrades to your base, oil has no further value.  Would be nice if we could do something else with it...

[A-O]
Members
873 posts
9,241 battles
10 hours ago, CptRigPig said:

Thank you.  So once the clan finishes all the upgrades regarding the naval base, what happens to the oil next?  We only have coal and steel to finish...

The clan base has a lot of empty real estate for future additions if WG so decides. I'd keep collecting oil for that eventuality.

BTW, to see the empty areas click and hold left mouse button and then move the mouse Turns out the clan base is larger then most screen view ports :-)

[OSIMA]
Members
58 posts
15,929 battles
On 3/12/2020 at 6:02 PM, freggo said:

The clan base has a lot of empty real estate for future additions if WG so decides. I'd keep collecting oil for that eventuality.

BTW, to see the empty areas click and hold left mouse button and then move the mouse Turns out the clan base is larger then most screen view ports :-)

okay I'll check it out, thanks