You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

When they change the IFHE...

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,434 posts
17,123 battles

...will we be getting a free commander skills reset. I haven't read anything along those lines but it would seem reasonable. Anyone know anything for sure. TIA:Smile_child:

[WOLFB]
Members
429 posts
7,935 battles

Last night when Notser was streaming the changes on PTS he asked Sub_Octavian if there would be resets, and during the stream Sub answered back and confirmed that yes there would be, but, that it would be an opt in with the update when it drops. Apparently this is so that the servers don't implode from everyone doing it at once as well as player accounts that aren't being used don't hog it up as well.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,671 battles

Don't know for sure, but i heard you will have to opt in for it

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,039 battles
13 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

Don't know for sure, but i heard you will have to opt in for it

Maybe I'm misjudging the situation here, but I can't help feeling like they're hoping most people don't notice that they can opt-in and end up spending doubloons for respecs.  Otherwise, I don't really understand why they wouldn't just give everyone free respecs for a week or two.

Edited by Deviathan
  • Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,058 posts
23,842 battles
8 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Maybe I'm misjudging the situation here, but I can't help feeling like they're hoping most people don't notice that they can opt-in and end up spending doubloons for respecs.  Otherwise, I don't really understand why they wouldn't just give everyone free respecs for a week or two.

That's pretty cynical.

And I agree :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
1,049 posts
9,796 battles
29 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

Apparently this is so that the servers don't implode from everyone doing it at once as well as player accounts that aren't being used don't hog it up as well.

Did he really say that?

If so, that's almost as rich as when they said Narai had to be pulled while it is in the shop get fixed. 

Because, I guess changing the skill reset cost from 500 to 0 must really be tough on server loads ...

• Funny 1

[CS7]
Members
224 posts
3,305 battles
59 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

Last night when Notser was streaming the changes on PTS he asked Sub_Octavian if there would be resets, and during the stream Sub answered back and confirmed that yes there would be, but, that it would be an opt in with the update when it drops. Apparently this is so that the servers don't implode from everyone doing it at once as well as player accounts that aren't being used don't hog it up as well.

So....how does one opt in to something like a commander respec?

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Better question is if there are going to be any case-by-case buffs to certain ships that will see a pretty decent chunk of their DPS hacked off. Atlanta, Dallas, Helena/Boise/Nueve, and Abruzzi were already at meh level, now they will be seeing some major issues against BB's. Maybe they should just remove their citadels, particularly Atlanta who might as well just be a crappier DD under the change as her survivability is basically null.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles

I hate opt in because we all know that someone will show up after the resets are done and complain.

• Funny 1

Members
4,355 posts
11,269 battles
38 minutes ago, Maddau said:

So....how does one opt in to something like a commander respec?

There will most likely be an opt in button somewhere on the news article for the patch on the WoWS site and the in game news tab

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,024 posts
8,268 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

Because, I guess changing the skill reset cost from 500 to 0 must really be tough on server loads ...

To be fair, it wouldn't be that, it would be the thousands of people at once telling the server that they want to change their skills, and taking lots of time to do it, because they have lots of boats.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,024 posts
8,268 battles
8 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

There will most likely be an opt in button somewhere on the news article for the patch on the WoWS site and the in game news tab

They might even have a popup in port when you log in.