Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlackAngelCom

Being deliberately sunk in coop by mssion rivals

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
897 posts
3,460 battles

Is there some additional penalty available for this? Pink isn't enough, it doesn't compensate either my time or the credit losses.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
16 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

Is there some additional penalty available for this? Pink isn't enough, it doesn't compensate either my time or the credit losses.

You can always send in reply in support ticket if you are certain they did so deliberately.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles

Honestly how often does this come up?  Coop combat happens so fast you're liable to miss half of it if you waste your time killing your teammates instead of the reds.  I am by no means a coop main but I've got a thousand coop battles under my belt and I think I've seen more teamkilling from the bots than the humans. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,915 posts
36,702 battles

Players that are co-op mains don't do that.

It's probably a player that only plays co-op when forced to.

The irony is that TK restricts you to co-op, so that logic of elimination of competition is silly.

It is rather confounding to see this happen, but it does.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,255 battles
45 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

What makesd you say you were deliberately sunk by a team mate and are you sure it wasn't a bot?

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
16 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Honestly how often does this come up?  Coop combat happens so fast you're liable to miss half of it if you waste your time killing your teammates instead of the reds.  I am by no means a coop main but I've got a thousand coop battles under my belt and I think I've seen more teamkilling from the bots than the humans. 

Intentional team killing - true.

But torp missions do increase the number of mishaps.

[DWBG]
[DWBG]
Members
121 posts

I had this happen recently also.  Was in a dd, forget the ships off hand.  But there was just a bot CV left and I was the closest to it.  Teammate ca shot me with 1k health remaining, because he was next closest then proceeded to pass my sinking ship on his way to killing the CV.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,564 posts

If WG didn't want players to kill teammates, if that was a bug or a problem, they would simply turn team damage off. 

They are not going to compensate you, for a game mechanic that they created on purpose. 

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You can always send in reply (sic) in support ticket if you are certain they did so deliberately.

This. Some people are just special they need to tk in order to get what they want, be that some stat or just to troll. The downside of playing multiplayer.

[RLGN]
Members
14,305 posts
25,241 battles
1 hour ago, BlackAngelCom said:

(see below.)

51 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

True.

37 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

It's probably a player that only plays co-op when forced to.

The irony is that TK restricts you to co-op, so that logic of elimination of competition is silly.

It is rather confounding to see this happen, but it does.

Can’t say I’ve ever witnessed a deliberate attempt to sink another human player in Co-op.

I’ve seen players shoot at each other, and at bots.

There’s often TKs and team damage in games with lots of Green bots, because bots are dumb, and just see their ‘target,’ and not what’s nearby.

BlackAngelCom, the ‘other penalty’ is usually reflected damage, besides turning pink.

I once took offense at a bot being a stupid bot, and fired at it in a pique of anger...

...5, 6? citadels? He blew up, and because of the reflected damage, I blew up...

...oops.

In any case, shoot at another human player? I’d never do that.

I have heard of it happening in clan battles because a TK results in fewer awarded points for the Reds or some such? That may have changed though.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,110 posts
19,206 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

If WG didn't want players to kill teammates, if that was a bug or a problem, they would simply turn team damage off. 

They are not going to compensate you, for a game mechanic that they created on purpose.

This is the God's own truth, if WG didn't want team killing they could have eliminated it long, long ago.

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,623 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

This is the God's own truth, if WG didn't want team killing they could have eliminated it long, long ago.

And they did... In World of Tanks.

Only took them 9 years to figure it out.

Maybe WOWS will learn in 4, since we're 4 in.

:cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
552 posts
10,276 battles
20 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Can’t say I’ve ever witnessed a deliberate attempt to sink another human player in Co-op.

It happens, but it is very rare. Less than a handful in 1000s of battles

[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

The only time I've been deliberately shot at in at least the last year was by a co-op main, so put away the holier than thou crap.

[PVE]
Members
6,170 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, BlackAngelCom said:

can you clarify " mission rivals"...are you just referring to people trying to finish the same directives as you?

[DBRIS]
Members
627 posts
11,150 battles

Out of curiosity, I hopped on PTS and went out in Hermes. YES, you can torp and TK yourself! At least on PTS there is no 'pink' penalty.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,410 posts
15,856 battles
2 hours ago, BlackAngelCom said:

Well if they are doing this often they get temp bans automatically. 

Members
2,915 posts
36,702 battles
24 minutes ago, Harathan said:

The only time I've been deliberately shot at in at least the last year was by a co-op main, so put away the holier than thou crap.

Holier, I got tbe holes to prove it. LOL

You walked in to that one.

[RLGN]
Members
14,305 posts
25,241 battles
14 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Out of curiosity, I hopped on PTS and went out in Hermes. YES, you can torp and TK yourself! At least on PTS there is no 'pink' penalty.

Yes?

Except the AI eventually remembers you’re not supposed to attack ‘allies,’ and all the built up but unapplied reflected damage tends to get applied all at once.

Carriers trying to TK themselves tend to explode spectacularly.

How do I know? You might ask.

Reasons.

• Funny 1

[DBRIS]
Members
627 posts
11,150 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yes?

Except the AI eventually remembers you’re not supposed to attack ‘allies,’ and all the built up but unapplied reflected damage tends to get applied all at once.

Carriers trying to TK themselves tend to explode spectacularly.

How do I know? You might ask.

Reasons.

All I can say is That thing needs a major buff, perfect torp runs, bomb runs, Rockets and it took forever to sink myself! I was waiting for the reflected damage but it never happened, maybe coded different in PTS.

[AN2AC]
Members
107 posts
8,281 battles

I only use coop to test a new ship or snow flake missions, but I end going pink (team Kill) more often because of the different style of play. I may have gone pink in random maybe once or twice.

As an example a DD or CA will go point blank range to a BB and launch torps at it, meanwhile Im shooting at the ship from a reasonable distance and accidentally hit their ship.

Regular coop players may think I did it on purpose, but its never that way. ps I do apologise in chat.

Sign in to follow this