You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

The Bristish cruiser event

23 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

I've found the British cruiser event rather MEH. The rewards in part 2 seem to be below average.

While I'm having fun playing the game, the drive to complete this event is just not there.

Maybe I need to take a nap.

Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

I've found the British cruiser event rather MEH. The rewards in part 2 seem to be below average.

While I'm having fun playing the game, the drive to complete this event is just not there.

Is a T6 Brit Premium Cruiser of no value to you?

[PVE]
Members
27 posts
13,671 battles

I agree with you on the 'meh' part. My contribution to the game cash wise has dropped dramatically.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

London + Andrew Cunningham for just playing the game = good enough for me... and I am over half way there.

Now the next european DDs, not so much.

• Cool 1

[WMD]
Members
1,621 posts
9,759 battles

I find the event is pretty easy to do, just play a bit of each ship type a few times through the week. 

I suppose of you only play one type it's a chore, but I imagine every event is a chore in that case. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
4 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Is a T6 Brit Premium Cruiser of no value to you?

Allow me to rephrase, the rewards from the individual directives seem to be below average. Please note I said "seems", not that they were. I realize my overall outlook  is most likely effected by my MEH attitude.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,124 posts
4,088 battles

1st part was really meh. Only thing available was containers, and those had flags, camos and apparently a chance of dropping a ship. I got all the tokens, got all the containers, and no ship. Yeah, that was boring.

2nd part, I couldn't care less about London, if I complete the objectives great, but I'm not going out of my way. However, there are at least things to buy with tokens that aren't ships. Cunningham and premium time are what I'm in it for. But yeah, especially since the ships are meh, the events haven't been that interesting.

TBH, I'm kind of tired of WG introducing new lines like this. Just drop the line in the tech tree and have people grind it. All you do with the loot boxes (aside from making money) is give people high tier ships of a line they have no idea how to play. And then WG wonders why the player population is so skewed to T9 and 10...

• Cool 3

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
1 minute ago, VeatherVitch said:

I find the event is pretty easy to do, just play a bit of each ship type a few times through the week. 

I suppose of you only play one type it's a chore, but I imagine every event is a chore in that case. 

Yes, the event is easy & I'm having no problem completing the 4 directives necessary to progress to the next set. Of course I'll take a T6 premium & a elite commander. This is one reason I find it odd that I'm not happy about the event.

• Cool 1

Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

Allow me to rephrase, the rewards from the individual directives seem to be below average. Please note I said "seems", not that they were. I realize my overall outlook  is most likely effected by my MEH attitude.

Ah, right... absolutely agree about the meh incremental rewards. I just keep plugging away for tokens for doubloons and mission accomplishments for London.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,616 posts
8,595 battles
18 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yes.  Individual mission rewards do blow.  I haven't even kept track of them.  The London and the tokens are the only thing I am paying attention to.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
661 posts
6,278 battles

I'm only in it for the doubloons, tbh.   I'm not even trying to get Lord Cunningham or even London, for that matter.  One game a day in the Albemarle for the Heart of Oak, and then business as usual with my normal rotation of ships.

Members
145 posts
7,812 battles

For my part I don't mind the current event but I am getting tired of WG/WoW running these events back-to-back and in some cases overlapping. With every player trying to complete all the different directives it distorts team game play and can burn a player out.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
488 posts
6,408 battles
22 minutes ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

For my part I don't mind the current event but I am getting tired of WG/WoW running these events back-to-back and in some cases overlapping. With every player trying to complete all the different directives it distorts team game play and can burn a player out.

Agreed. A patch cycle or two of QoL improvements wouldn't be out of order. Honestly, if WG came out and surprised the [edited] out of us saying that the next patch after the RU cruiser split was "new maps, scenarios, and interface improvements" I'd be pretty happy with that.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

My problem with this stage is almost no overlap so you grind one, then another, then another, and hopefully the one overlap with captains experience will be about done because the easiest directives all are best done in co-op unless you are extremely good.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

I find the London, surprisingly, to be a fairly good ship.

image.thumb.png.a242459861700af3ad176d96c620e81f.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

My problem with this stage is almost no overlap so you grind one, then another, then another, and hopefully the one overlap with captains experience will be about done because the easiest directives all are best done in co-op unless you are extremely good.

This may be the reason of my MEH outlook for this event.

5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I find the London, surprisingly, to be a fairly good ship.

image.thumb.png.a242459861700af3ad176d96c620e81f.png

On paper the London doesn't seem very good. But there is a lot of difference between what we see on paper & how a ship actually plays. Of course some do better in certain ships than in others.

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
3 hours ago, jmanII said:

London + Andrew Cunningham for just playing the game = good enough for me... and I am over half way there.

Now the next IKEA/Swedish DDs, not so much.

Fixed it for ya. :Smile_hiding:

• Boring 1

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Fixed it for ya. :Smile_hiding:

Either way, dont care for them.

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
12 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Either way, dont care for them.

Not much myself either.

More diversity, at least in name WG. Two low tier, and the rest from a single other navy is a tad weak in the diversity department of a supposedly Pan European ship line... :cap_hmm:

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not much myself either.

More diversity, at least in name WG. Two low tier, and the rest from a single other navy is a tad weak in the diversity department of a supposedly Pan European ship line... :cap_hmm:

I think it is actually freaking hilarious that everyone is getting their feathers ruffled over the line being predominately Swedish. 

Hope they stick with the name Pan-European just to piss people off.

I hate playing DD's and won't play this line - not because of the names but because they are DD's.

….and I did mean Pan-European there is really no difference to me.  

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,642 battles
14 hours ago, kgh52 said:

The rewards are complete trash. You don't do this event for the rewards on the way though, you do it for the candy at the end.

Personally I think that candy is going to be those circus peanut candies my grandmother put out a lot, but it's free candy.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,642 battles
2 hours ago, jmanII said:

I think it is actually freaking hilarious that everyone is getting their feathers ruffled over the line being predominately Swedish. 

Hope they stick with the name Pan-European just to piss people off.

I hate playing DD's and won't play this line - not because of the names but because they are DD's.

….and I did mean Pan-European there is really no difference to me.  

Caring about who made/designed the ships is so 20th century. Their performance is all that should matter. I thought we were past that stuff.