You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Sometimes RNG really makes you laugh in this game (PVE Thread)

25 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles

So just completed the Defender of the Fatherland mission. 

• Part 1 = 15 citadels (easy-peasy Budyonny (2) + Kirov (1) = 3 games total - honestly Budyonny has become my go to ship for citadels)
  • Part 2 = Sink 10 ships (did it in 4 games = Kamikaze, Fujin, Hill, Nicholas)

And then we have Part 3

• Part 3 = 20 fires

No problem, I will haul out ol' fire reliable Conqueror = 2, then 2 again, WHAT??? Ok, let's drag out Thunderer with it's 63% fire chance = 2! :Smile_facepalm: Ok, lets drop down to low tier with fast ROF CL's. Omaha = 2. :Smile_sceptic: Ok you asked for it bots here comes Harugumo = 2. Really? :etc_swear:So 5 games with good HE ships and only 10 fires. :Smile_amazed: Screw it, let's try another. Dallas = 10! :Smile_facepalm:I mean come on RNG LOL.

You have to laugh at the RNG in this game because otherwise you would get mad or cry. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok you asked for it bots here comes Harugumo

:Smile_veryhappy:

Why did you not unleash Smolensk and pray to Stalin for fires? :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles

It's the Murphy's Laws, Admiral... lol. :Smile_trollface:

And RNGesus loves you... lel. :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles
57 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Why did you not unleash Smolensk and pray to Stalin for fires? :Smile_trollface:

Well after Conqueror and Thunderer failed (these are my go to ships for fires and module damage) I wanted to try lower tier where sometimes it is easier without the built in fire protection higher tier ships have. Then when I went back after Omaha failed too I thought for sure Harugumo would do well but nope. So I grabbed a ship I usually do crappy in and viola 10 to finish. :Smile_facepalm: 

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles
39 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

It's the Murphy's Laws, Admiral... lol. :Smile_trollface:

And RNGesus loves you... lel. :Smile_trollface:

RNG and I have a serious love hate relationship and today it hates me. No idea what I did wrong either to tick it off? It's like a wife being mad at you; you are wrong even when right... :Smile_hiding:

[DBRIS]
Members
627 posts
11,155 battles

:Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy: I took out Atlanta minus ifhe with DE active for that part, and as I am watching the hit counter go past 500, realize it has only set 3 fires against multiple ships. Kind of a 'wth' moment!

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The last time I took out Smolensk, she got popped like a tick from across the map in the first two minutes.  I guess I didn't angle well enough?  :cap_fainting:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles
23 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

The last time I took out Smolensk, she got popped like a tick from across the map in the first two minutes.

In co-op? That's just RNGesus showing Smolensk that there are bigger fish in the sea. In Randoms you were careless, but popping Smolensks with a couple of cits through the nose when I am driving an 18 inch-class BB (Musashi, Thunderer) is always fun, even though I own one myself.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

RNG and I have a serious love hate relationship and today it hates me. No idea what I did wrong either to tick it off? It's like a wife being mad at you; you are wrong even when right... :Smile_hiding:

Did you remember to make the daily sacrifice of your right arm and left leg? LOL. :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Did you remember to make the daily sacrifice of your right arm and left leg? LOL. :Smile_trollface:

Just the arm; needed the leg. Probably it. :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

[KREW]
Members
146 posts
16,605 battles

2 games in Friesland, DE with no IFHE, 300+ shots each game.... 1(one) single (as in no partner) fire (flame event) each!!   

*shakes fist at sky*

[WOLF9]
Members
4,479 posts

Yep, the game loves to troll when there are specific mission requirements...   Fires are always a favorite.   When I TRY to get em, it's usually no dice.  It's only when I give up and switch to some random ship that BAM!!  fire every other salvo, lol.

Caps? even worse!  I normally get a long string of Standard matches and 3 minute blow outs...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,264 posts
18,643 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 8:28 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

HA !@!!   Oh yeah, went down that path as well.......  Even took the mighty Smolensk out with flags a flying and.................2 first with three kills......  11 COOP matches to finish that....................and then, took my Kagero out, because I play only the 19 point CPT's from tier 10 down and the Kagero got 6 fires.........:etc_swear: and :etc_swear:................... 

[PVE]
Members
4,264 posts
18,643 battles
18 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just the arm; needed the leg. Probably it. :Smile_honoring:

I was looking for that Red Sea Salt needed to circle the PC; the candles from the Holy city; the bless single barrel rum from Saint Croix; and, all of my sculpted figures I've collected all over the world because I knew Wuju-Buzju was laughing at me because the candles flames were moving !!!!  Oh yes, a cursed event requirement......:Smile_hiding:

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles

I forgot to hit save after taking a screen shot, but I had 33, zero damage HE hits on a Izumo yesterday. Made me want to scream.

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,216 battles

On the other hand, the bots seem to have not problem setting fires on me, whatever ship I am driving.

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles

How many of you have actually looked at the detailed post battle info, and noticed that you will get fire ribbons, but tons of the "fires" on the ships you hit show 0 fire damage...

[WOLFG]
Members
9,616 posts
8,595 battles
23 minutes ago, Ericmopar said:

How many of you have actually looked at the detailed post battle info, and noticed that you will get fire ribbons, but tons of the "fires" on the ships you hit show 0 fire damage...

All the time.  Bots always put out the first fire.

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,216 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 7:46 AM, ItsSubmersible said:

I took out Atlanta minus ifhe with DE active for that part, and as I am watching the hit counter go past 500, realize it has only set 3 fires against multiple ships. Kind of a 'wth' moment!

Similar experience with the Georgia. I was going for secondary hits, but hey, they are shooting HE, right. Ended up with a decent effort, 450+ hits. I got 3 fires and at least one of those was from HE salvos with the mains.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,216 battles
7 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

And for some reason they seem immune to getting relit for a long time afterwards.

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles
7 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

This and then they are almost impossible to set on fire again until their DCP comes off cool down and THEN the game lets you...rinse repeat.