You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Armada: Molotov

18 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,533 posts
13,903 battles

A Captain’s guide to using the Soviet Tier VI cruiser.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TMAAG]
Members
80 posts
20,092 battles

The Molotov is one of the deadliest little prem. out of them all, a kraken generator/assassin.

• Funny 1

[SSG]
Members
15 posts
8,981 battles

Used to be when introduced, than every update nerfed her to death. Have no interest in her anymore, playing sometimes scenarios with her. JUNK.

Edited by wojowny
  • Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
576 posts
19,956 battles

When I need cits I take her out in co-op. Wait for a broadside...wait...wait...BLAM! 

• Cool 2

[CRF]
Members
712 posts
7,910 battles

first russian cruiser to have radar , eh?  Then where is it??

• Cool 4

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,202 battles
11 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

first russian cruiser to have radar , eh?  Then where is it??

It was only an air warning radar. The US T6&7 cruisers all are shown with much more elaborate radar set ups but don't get radar (except for Atlanta).

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Members
28 posts
8,453 battles
35 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

It was only an air warning radar. The US T6&7 cruisers all are shown with much more elaborate radar set ups but don't get radar (except for Atlanta).

You forget about Indianapolis?

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Members
28 posts
8,453 battles

DM radar at T7, IKR. It doesn't DM duration but...

Edited by a6ordy

[CRF]
Members
712 posts
7,910 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Oh, that's right - it's not surface radar - my bad.  Wonder if the upped her AA capability because of the radar?

Edited by sonoasailor

[TFLT]
Members
281 posts
13,283 battles
10 hours ago, wojowny said:

Used to be when introduced, than every update nerfed her to death. Have no interest in her anymore, playing sometimes scenarios with her. JUNK.

+1 ^    Molotov used to be just the most deadly ship you could buy. It was nerfed into oblivion and she has been a port queen in my fleet. Her only use today as far as I'm concerned is taking her out 1 time per year at Christmas to collect my coal bonus. I think the Wargaming Promotions department needs to spend a bit more time playing the game before they roll out these grand announcements. I don't think I have seen a Molotov played in game in years. That says it all as far as I'm concerned. The most entertaining part of that press release in the news about Molotov I copied below. You may as well make the same claim about the Marblehead (which I think anyone would admit is hilariously under powered after the AFT nerf dropped her gun range). Marblehead with a speed flag matches Molotov's speed and has better rudder shift, turn radius and maneuvering in general...and neither one is able to "allow you to escape situations of intense enemy gunfire"...lol. Molotov is a weak 2nd line support ship that lacks the firepower, range, speed and armor to operate in any situation but the 4th or 5th ship in a group tucked in and firing at an enemy the group is targeting. I would call her laughably under powered IMO

• The ship’s top speed of 36 knots, which is pretty fast for her tier and type, will allow you to escape from any situations where incoming enemy gunfire is getting too intense.
  • In battle, Molotov doesn’t rely on her armor, but on her high speed and maneuverability. Try to avoid exposing your sides to enemy salvos.
  • Cool 2

[4HIM]
Members
3,021 posts
12,624 battles
21 hours ago, wojowny said:

11 hours ago, CyberKnife said:

+1 ^    Molotov used to be just the most deadly ship you could buy. It was nerfed into oblivion and she has been a port queen in my fleet. Her only use today as far as I'm concerned is taking her out 1 time per year at Christmas to collect my coal bonus.

I wouldn't say it's "junk".  But it's not a stronk Russian ship.  It has a wet tissue paper hull.  Basically a T5 Kirov hull.  And Kirov is squishy even by T5 cruiser standards.  And you don't have great rudder shift like some other cruisers at that tier.  So "just dodge" doesn't work real well.  But it does have great (for a T6 cruiser) guns.  

One place it does well is in Ops.  In Killer Whale it will wreck face pretty good.  Aegis it does pretty good as well.  I wouldn't use it in Newport as the low RoF really hurts you in that one.  But other than Ops or Snowflake events, I don't play it much.  Since I have the Kron, I have a better cruiser to use for captain boosting.  It can do well in PvP if you're top tier or even middle tier.  But if you're bottom tier, the T8 ships will smoke this thing like a cheap cigar.  But if you're middle or top tier, you can Dev Strike other cruisers if you get a good salvo off at a broadside.  And if you're up against T5 ships, odds are you'll be offered a few broadsides.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NWO-1]
[NWO-1]
Members
83 posts
4,428 battles

Sorry but I have since December in non_ clan fleets that just do not follow threw or just go any where no in for action like the other fleets we are in battle, I have been in a decommissioned Soviet curser only to be a guard replacement for my cousin Monolies, for the Soytha Bay Crete Greece, and I know how to use the USSR SHIP combat in this and not in my comment to be salty either ok? :cap_old:

Извините, но с декабря я участвую в не клановых флотах, которые просто не следуют за бросками или просто никуда не ходят без информации, как другие флоты, в которых мы сражаемся. Я был в списанном советском ружье только для того, чтобы стать заменой для моего охранника. Двоюродная сестра Монолии, из Сойтского залива, Крит, Греция, и я знаю, как использовать бой СССР с КОРАБЛЕМ в этом, а не в моем комментарии, чтобы быть соленым или хорошо?:cap_old:

[NWO-1]
[NWO-1]
Members
83 posts
4,428 battles
On 2/13/2020 at 1:10 PM, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

Dusk must set on every dawn, and it is my time to sail off into the sunset. 

I joined World of Warships NA in June 2018 and since then have thoroughly enjoyed my time supporting, growing, and celebrating with the NA Community. We've seen a lot of ups and downs the last 21 months and I wouldn't have changed a thing with you all. This is a decision I made separate from any interaction internally or externally from WG and the community. I still have positive and strong friendships with other Wargaming and World of Warships employees both locally and globally. My last day at Wargaming NA will be the 25th of February.

While I may be saying goodbye to my time at Wargaming as an employee, I'm excited to return to the player base as a fan of the game once more! I'll definitely still be around in various community avenues and on my personal stream. Given that it is my time to say goodbye, I'd like offer you all the chance to Ask me Anything! Please bare in mind that I am and will remain bound by NDA conditions and not be answer anything that would consider a breach of this.

Thank you Everyone, you are an amazing community, and I appreciate every interaction I've had with you since Day 1.

This ain't goodbye, this is I'll see you later.

<3 Fem

WGD1.png

On 2/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Read it on the portal

Извините, но с декабря я участвую в не клановых флотах, которые просто не следуют за бросками или просто никуда не ходят без информации, как другие флоты, в которых мы сражаемся. Я был в списанном советском ружье только для того, чтобы стать заменой для моего охранника. Двоюродная сестра Монолии, из Сойтского залива, Крит, Греция, и я знаю, как использовать бой СССР с КОРАБЛЕМ в этом, а не в моем комментарии, чтобы быть соленым или хорошо?

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles

What are these great nerfs that people are talking about? I've had Molotov since release. It's my favorite T6 ship and I play it pretty routinely, but haven't noticed anything different about it over the years.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,289 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 7:00 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Read it on the portal

@Hapa_Fodder , the "Description" lines under the Torpedo and Dual Purpose Guns' images are under the wrong pictures and should be swapped.

sw.jpg

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
20 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

What are these great nerfs that people are talking about? I've had Molotov since release. It's my favorite T6 ship and I play it pretty routinely, but haven't noticed anything different about it over the years.

Okay, so these reactions to that post...

image.png.4a0bf64c5a878819641b31f9582c94e6.png

I understand the first two. One person agrees with me, and one person doesn't understand something. Whether it's why Molotov is a favorite of mine or whether it's why I haven't noticed any nerfs, I can see why someone might be confused. That's okay.

But why would someone be pissed off that I like that ship, or that I haven't noticed it to be nerfed?

• Funny 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,140 posts
13,741 battles

As a premium, I find the Molotov very useful for elite commander XP farming. While not the best cruiser for ops, she far from the worst IMO. Overall I like the ship.