You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PR4ETORI4N_REX

Albemarle - British Tier VIII Heavy Cruiser

9 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
10,994 battles

The Cruiser Albemarle Secondary has only 3 km of base range.
This is ridiculous!!!

The Cruiser Edinburgh Secondary, by comparison, has a 5 km base range.

Cruiser Albemarle's Repair Team has a maximum of 3 consumables. It should have 4 as in other ships.

[AE-AC]
Members
47 posts
3,819 battles

It is truly a piece of junk.

I play one game in it for the "British Tokens" awarded for any win.

A true waste of over 8 million credits and it will be promptly sold as soon as this British event is over.

I will keep the free T5 and T7 I got in the 1st half of the event, but the Albemarle is history.

Really disappointed, it could have been a great ship with 16KM range and a bit of armor.

The whole British event is "much adu about nothing".. IMO... Ah well, that's WOWS....

• Cool 1

Members
26 posts
10,994 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 4:17 AM, PR4ETORI4N_REX said:

The Cruiser Albemarle Secondary has only 3 km of base range.
This is ridiculous!!!

The Cruiser Edinburgh Secondary, by comparison, has a 5 km base range.

Cruiser Albemarle's Repair Team has a maximum of 3 consumables. It should have 4 as in other ships.

The Secondaries of Cruisers Leander and Devonshire Tier 6, Neptune and Drake Tier 9, also have a base range of 5 km.

Cruisers Fiji and Surrey Tier 7, have a base range of 4.5 km.

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
282 posts
6,725 battles

Noone cares about cruiser secondaries, so I don't know why you're complaining.  It gets 1 less charge because it's the RN super heal that can heal up to half hp, not that it matters much when your citadel is bigger than the Atlantic ocean.

• Boring 1

[70]
Members
1,240 posts
6,785 battles

The citadel is obscenely huge and easy to hit at any range. It doesn't have the range/agility mix to pull an Edinburgh either, let alone smoke or speed to run away if it absolutely has to.

Pure garbage.

I suggest the following buffs:

1) get rid of that stepped citadel deck amidships, make it just a box, even if this makes citadel side bigger it helps reduce plunging cits.

2) Buff plating to 27mm like real (US/KM) heavy cruisers.

Edited by Guardian54
  • Cool 1

Members
26 posts
10,994 battles
On 2/22/2020 at 8:13 PM, Slayer_Jesse said:

Noone cares about cruiser secondaries, so I don't know why you're complaining.  It gets 1 less charge because it's the RN super heal that can heal up to half hp, not that it matters much when your citadel is bigger than the Atlantic ocean.

It doesn't matter if you don't care about the secondary ones.

The point is that they are Nerfed. They need to be aligned with the equivalent cruisers.

Members
702 posts
5,725 battles

I believe that WG has acknowledged that this is a bug and will be fixed.  Range should be 5km, as with the rest of the line.

Edited by Uncle_Lou
  • Cool 1

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,598 battles

Ahoy mates,

I had been dreading getting to the Albermarle, (it was the only UK heavy CA I didn't win for free) and I kept hearing such horrible things about it... but now that I have it, I must disagree. I just got it today and I am loving it. Yes, its citadel is huge, and yes the (bugged) secondaries are uncool, but it's hull (if angled well) can take even BB shells and deflect them decently. It has really good armor, and with the B hull and gun upgrade it is vastly improved. It has very good maneuverability, really useful torpedoes,  and excellent guns. The HE causes good damage and lots of fires and the AP is dangerous and does good damage even to BBs... plus it seems to get a lot of citadel hits for me.

All in all, this ship is faaar better than I expected and I truly don't see what everyone is upset about.

I love it.

Fair Seas

Edited by BattleBard149
spelling errors and grammer
  • Cool 2

Members
10 posts
2,326 battles

I have no words to express how much I hate this ship. It is good for nothing. 

- Armor: It has none. The citadel issue is well documented, but everything about it is terrible. Turrets are disabled by DD HE. It catches fire so easily it might as well have been soaked in gasoline.

- Firepower: The shell speed is so slow its practically impossible to hit anything not travelling in straight line. Even BBs can out avoid your shells. The shells are so slow that it you need to close the range to <10km to be comfortable of scoring hits, but you don't have the armour to absorb damage

- Similarly, its so unmaneuverable than BBs routinely land hits (which of course then delete from the maps

This is ship is broken beyond repair and it needs to be removed from the game. 

Edited by IAmTim