You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

What is the optimum Clan Battle Team size?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is the optimum Clan Battle Team size?

• 2 v 2
    • 3 v 3
    • 4 v 4
    • 5 v 5
    • 6 v 6
    • 7 v 7
    • 8 v 8
    • Don't care
    • Stop sniveling and play the game, Buttercup...

9 comments in this topic

[S4LTY]
[S4LTY]
Beta Testers
20 posts
9,677 battles

For the love of Neptune's trident... Getting 7 gamers out of 40 together at the same time is like herding cats... We can get 5 pretty regularly, 6 occasionally and 7 extremely rarely. When, after waiting for an hour or two to get a team together (on the rare occasion we are able to) we can typically only run a couple of games before someone has to eat dinner or the CB window closes... It is extremely frustrating. We have tried EVERY. SINGLE. TIME... this season to get a team together, but have never been able to pull it off this season... Not for lack of trying. Our clan has about 15-20 regulars, the others come and go... The majority of us are pretty gung-ho, but nobody wants to sit for an hour or two waiting for a team that will probably not materialize... It is especially poignant when there are guys trying to grind for an event, or just have a couple of hours to play...  It has become frustrating and something of a joke in our clan now. Nobody even wants to accept the invites, because it is boring to sit and wait and wait and wait, only to quit trying after an hour or so... It has gotten to the point where guys will join the div, wait 5 minutes, say they are going to check again in 20 minutes...  then bail to play a few randoms, and they may or may not come back.

If the clan battles were 5 v 5 there would be A LOT more interest and more teams... It would mean less wait time to get a team, more teams participating and less time in queue.

Sorry for the rant, but it has become totally frustrating, and my clan mates are feeling it too. Help us out here, WG... This one is a no-brainer... 

Thanks for listening.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,584 posts
31,450 battles
14 minutes ago, IrritatedRhino said:

For the love of Neptune's trident... Getting 7 gamers out of 40 together at the same time is like herding cats... We can get 5 pretty regularly, 6 occasionally and 7 extremely rarely. When, after waiting for an hour or two to get a team together (on the rare occasion we are able to) we can typically only run a couple of games before someone has to eat dinner or the CB window closes... It is extremely frustrating. We have tried EVERY. SINGLE. TIME... this season to get a team together, but have never been able to pull it off this season... Not for lack of trying. Our clan has about 15-20 regulars, the others come and go... The majority of us are pretty gung-ho, but nobody wants to sit for an hour or two waiting for a team that will probably not materialize... It is especially poignant when there are guys trying to grind for an event, or just have a couple of hours to play...  It has become frustrating and something of a joke in our clan now. Nobody even wants to accept the invites, because it is boring to sit and wait and wait and wait, only to quit trying after an hour or so... It has gotten to the point where guys will join the div, wait 5 minutes, say they are going to check again in 20 minutes...  then bail to play a few randoms, and they may or may not come back.

If the clan battles were 5 v 5 there would be A LOT more interest and more teams... It would mean less wait time to get a team, more teams participating and less time in queue.

Sorry for the rant, but it has become totally frustrating, and my clan mates are feeling it too. Help us out here, WG... This one is a no-brainer... 

Thanks for listening.

Yeah, it is a no brainer.  Recruit more players.  Maybe consider merging with another smallish clan in a similar situation.

Frankly, the best clan battles were the one night they had a 12v12 clan brawl.  Now THAT was fun!  

• Boring 1

[S4LTY]
[S4LTY]
Beta Testers
20 posts
9,677 battles
29 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Yeah, it is a no brainer.  Recruit more players.  Maybe consider merging with another smallish clan in a similar situation.

Frankly, the best clan battles were the one night they had a 12v12 clan brawl.  Now THAT was fun!  

o7, Thanks for the input...

Well, we have 40 players, of which 30 have been active in the past week, most of them are active daily. Our base is built out to accommodate 45. We are recruiting actively, even so, if we max out the clan size, it is only 50... With all due respect, I am a pretty avid player, but I understand that people have lives and other obligations... As I said, nobody wants to wait around to build a team, when that can mean a super long wait... Naturally, CB season generally coincides with some cool WG event and nobody wants to wait around in a div for a team to materialize... 

Top it off with the fact that it is difficult to communicate with the entire clan. It would be a tiny bit easier if we could message the whole clan at once (not the clan chat that either doesn't work or nobody checks)... Additionally, the window is so small that when we do get a team together (we have guys on the west coast and the east coast,) so there is a three hour time difference right there...there is only a short time to play...

Agreed 12 v 12 is awesome, but I just don't see the current clan sizes being able to support that... Perhaps if we did a three clan battle... Like in the Filth event... That was super fun.

Edited by IrritatedRhino
respect.

[SALVO]
Members
26,584 posts
31,450 battles
6 minutes ago, IrritatedRhino said:

o7, Thanks for the input...

Well, we have 40 players, of which 30 have been active in the past week, most of them are active daily. Our base is built out to accommodate 45. We are recruiting actively, even so, if we max out the clan size, it is only 50... With all due respect, I am a pretty avid player, but I understand that people have lives and other obligations... As I said, nobody wants to wait around to build a team, when that can mean a super long wait... Naturally, CB season generally coincides with some cool WG event and nobody wants to wait around in a div for a team to materialize... 

Top it off with the fact that it is difficult to communicate with the entire clan. It would be a tiny bit easier if we could message the whole clan at once (not the clan chat that either doesn't work or nobody checks)... Additionally, the window is so small that when we do get a team together (we have guys on the west coast and the east coast,) so there is a three hour time difference right there...there is only a short time to play...

Agreed 12 v 12 is awesome, but I just don't see the current clan sizes being able to support that... Perhaps if we did a three clan battle... Like in the Filth event... That was super fun.

Rhino, it's not just about filling up your roster.  It's also about  trying to get players who truly WANT to play CBs, because it's pretty well known that there are a pretty fair number of people who join good clans with built up ports just for the port bonuses.  And if you can't get even 7 or 8 players to show up, then you've got problems.  We rarely have difficulty fielding a single team.  And fairly often, we can even get two teams going.  And once in a rare while, we may even manage three teams.

The easiest way to communicate with the entire clan is to use Discord as your messaging system.  That's what we do.

[S4LTY]
[S4LTY]
Beta Testers
20 posts
9,677 battles
12 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

You forgot to include 1v1. :cap_haloween:

Actually, 1v1 is pretty awesome when you have a good opponent.:Smile_izmena:

[S4LTY]
[S4LTY]
Beta Testers
20 posts
9,677 battles

20 hours ago, Crucis said:

Rhino, it's not just about filling up your roster.  It's also about  trying to get players who truly WANT to play CBs, because it's pretty well known that there are a pretty fair number of people who join good clans with built up ports just for the port bonuses.  And if you can't get even 7 or 8 players to show up, then you've got problems.  We rarely have difficulty fielding a single team.  And fairly often, we can even get two teams going.  And once in a rare while, we may even manage three teams.

The easiest way to communicate with the entire clan is to use Discord as your messaging system.  That's what we do.

Agreed, but it is a lot of work to get good, motivated players (particularly when you are a lame old fart like me), and then find good motivated players that don't trash talk etc...

I have a discord channel, but it is pretty lonely in there :(

Cheers and thanks for the advice.

[SALVO]
Members
26,584 posts
31,450 battles
22 minutes ago, IrritatedRhino said:

Agreed, but it is a lot of work to get good, motivated players (particularly when you are a lame old fart like me), and then find good motivated players that don't trash talk etc...

I have a discord channel, but it is pretty lonely in there :(

Cheers and thanks for the advice.

For what it's worth, we use team speak for voice comms and Discord for tech communications.  I know that some (most?) in our clan's leadership would prefer to use Discord for voice comms as well, but there's a lot of inertia on the side of teamspeak, so we haven't bothered making a big deal out of it.

And speaking as one old fart to another, good luck with your clan.

[S4LTY]
[S4LTY]
Beta Testers
20 posts
9,677 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, we use team speak for voice comms and Discord for tech communications.  I know that some (most?) in our clan's leadership would prefer to use Discord for voice comms as well, but there's a lot of inertia on the side of teamspeak, so we haven't bothered making a big deal out of it.

And speaking as one old fart to another, good luck with your clan.

Thanks, Crucis. We will keep pushing. We have a lot of good guys, and we have fun.

Incidentally, on a liner note, I have had several matches with SALVO guys and two things:

1. They are always good sports and I am always glad to be in a match with them... If they are on my team, I know they are solid players and if they are on the evil red team, I know that it will be a challenging battle...

2. They are always skilled and definitely top-shelf players.

Cheers and see you out there.