Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

Extremely well played Gents!!

6 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,147 battles

Our bottom tier dd for understanding the importance of cap control.

And of course our cv who took a lot of salt from the team, but did a great job negating their dds. A well deserved solo warrior.

@jmharell and  @dragon780

shot-20.02.20_22.13.23-0029.jpg

shot-20.02.20_22.13.32-0249.jpg

• Cool 4

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,593 posts

I've never played a Kremlin but I've noticed that they are very hard to sink. Being tanky doesn't necessarily mean that a player using one will get a Kraken, High Caliber, Confederate, and do nearly a quarter million in damage though. Well done.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,147 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I've never played a Kremlin but I've noticed that they are very hard to sink. Being tanky doesn't necessarily mean that a player using one will get a Kraken, High Caliber, Confederate, and do nearly a quarter million in damage though. Well done.

Thanks, as I tried to say in my initial post, the end result was primarily due to the great play of the cv and the Benson.

Many T8 dds I have seen when facing a T10 cv either yolo and get killed early or sit back in between the "bigger" ships not contesting caps or spotting. This Benson got two caps, kept spotting when he could and used his smoke to hide when he had literally no choice cause the rockets planes where incoming. Even then he did not just sit in the smoke trying to farm damage. Once the planes moved off, he was back out of the smoke trying to keep the targets lit and acting for me at least as a torp screener. Having that support enable me to basically push the flank and catch the reds in a cross fire. What Krem's guns lack in accuracy they make up in raw damage per hit for once you can get hits on the red broadsides.

During the push the red Gearing got on my flank and that's where the cv really helped. While he didn't get the kill outright at that point in the game (he got him almost at the end) he was able to keep him spotted and kiting away from me so I didn't have to worry about those lovely low detect Gearing torps slamming into my side and could focus on angling against the threats in front of me. I asked him for his help very early once I realized there was something off to my side spotting me. Unfortunately for him his planes couldn't be in multiple places at the same time so he got some salt for vectoring his planes to that end of the map rather than to the other flank, guessing he weighed where our biggest advantage was and decided to cover that side.

Yes the Krem is tanky if you can keep the nose pointed at who's shooting at you, get flanked and its just as weak as any other bb if the enemy is a semi decent shot. Mine also has this tendency to catch fire very easily even though I run all the anti fire modules, flags and captain skills but maybe RNG just hates me. Having limited uses of DC means sometimes you just gotta let two fires burn especially in the early game at least that's what I do.

[FLOTR]
Members
180 posts

It's great to be in a game with a "team player" minded CV. It's conversely terrible to watch your team's CV be on a mindless damage farm profile while the other team's CV spots and targets your DDs. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this