Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

LM/UU #6 Done

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

8,244
[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles

Finally finished up Conqueror. Oh lord I am sick of playing it. The final stage(5) of 40K BXP is a real bear in Co-op. Only had to do like 9K to finish so decided today was the day. Have been in and out for IRL stuff but finally just finished up. Thought I had it done but needed one more game as I was 40 BXP short; yes just 40. :Smile_facepalm: And in the last game I wasn't even sure I would get that. EVERY time I would shoot at a ship a DD would run in and torp it before my shells landed or a BB would dev strike it 1st. it literally was the final minute or 2 when I finally landed a couple salvos. Came in last with barely 100 BXP to spare. :Smile_amazed: But it is now done. :cap_horn:

Up next is GK that is about 28K BXP away. Probably will try and get some of the stage 3 and 4 ships into stage 5 1st. God these take forever. 14 of the suckers left to do.

Conqueror's LM/UU:

  • Goes in slot 5 so you lose CSM1 (makes concealment 13.7 instead of 12.3)
  • Speeds up turret rotation by +13%
  • Reduces rudder shift by -40%
  • Reduces steering gears repair time -80%

Going to try it as I have the others and see if I like it. So far I have kept them all on expect Republique. This seems like a good one but...?

EDIT - definitely keeping it on. The small loss of concealment is worth the HUGE rudder shift upgrade. Someone told me it made Conqueror like Vanguard for WASD and by god they were right. You can almost WASD like a Cruiser with the LM on. Don't really notice the turrets moving faster; they still seem glacially slow. But they obviously do move faster so that helps.

Fkz9JZQ.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[TDG]
Members
1,810 posts
12,851 battles

Way to go.

I only have one complete to date.

I have 6 ships in Stage5 with two of those nearly complete.

I still have 6 ships at Stage 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,244
[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles
2 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Way to go.

I only have one complete to date.

I have 6 ships in Stage5 with two of those nearly complete.

I still have 6 ships at Stage 1.

Thanks.

These take forever even with as much as I play (and generally do well). So far for me...

Complete:

  • Montana
  • Republique
  • Yamato
  • Conqueror
  • Minotaur
  • Gearin

Stage 5:

  • GK (need 28K BXP)

Stage 4:

  • Shimakaze (just got here - need all 15 wins)

Stage 3:

  • Hindenburg (need 9K FXP)
  • Midway (need 11K FXP)

Stage 2:

  • Henri IV (need 2.1 Million credits)
  • Des Moines (need 2.9 Million credits)
  • Zao (need 3.2 Million credits)
  • Moskva (need 5.1 Million credits)
  • Worcester (need 5.2 Million credits)

Stage 1:

  • Grozovoi (need 28K XP)
  • Hakuryu (need 38K XP)
  • Z-52 (need 45K XP)
  • YueYang (need 53K XP)
  • Khabarovsk (need 55K XP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[TDG]
Members
1,810 posts
12,851 battles

I don't do CVs, so that will be easier for me.

The only one complete is Shima.  I tried the module, but it doesn't really fit my play style.  I can make it work, but it is not as fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF9]
Members
655 posts
18,851 battles

Congratulations!

For me:

Completed: Montana, Des Moines, Worcester, Yamato

Stage 2: GK

Stage 1: Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg

Missed the boat and waiting to see RB: RN BB, RN CL, French BB, French CL

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,707
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,157 battles

Good work Admiral I just cant find it in me to grind I just play if I get anything for free I'm happy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,244
[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles
8 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Good work Admiral I just cant find it in me to grind I just play if I get anything for free I'm happy .

I actually just play and check on them now and then. Once a ship gets into the final stage (5) and needs less than 20K BXP to finish it I will then go right at it and grind. No way I could play 1 ship as much as it would take to really grind one out. Would lose my mind LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,707
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,157 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I actually just play and check on them now and then. Once a ship gets into the final stage (5) and needs less than 20K BXP to finish it I will then go right at it and grind. No way I could play 1 ship as much as it would take to really grind one out. Would lose my mind LOL.

Well that's a good way to go about it I might actually have done that myself . If you see your really close to something you want then go for it that's good but just grinding I cant do it .

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[-PVE-]
Members
598 posts

Congratulations @AdmiralThunder!

On the average how long are your coop battles? I've been thinking if two 6-minute coop battles will net me the same Base XP if I did it in a 20-minute random.

Surely there are a lot of other variables to consider, although in coop the only source of frustration for me is it ending abruptly. Just when you're starting to enjoy the match, the Victory screen appears.

Edited by ArmoredFrostX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,244
[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles
2 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Congratulations @AdmiralThunder!

On the average how long are your coop battles? I've been thinking if two 6-minute coop battles will net me the same Base XP if I did it in a 20-minute random.

Surely there are a lot of other variables to consider, although in coop the only source of frustration for me is it ending abruptly. Just when you're starting to enjoy the match, the Victory screen appears.

Average? 7 minutes or so +/- would be my best guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
455 posts
20,198 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Average? 7 minutes or so +/- would be my best guess.

I find 7 minutes to be a good average.  Unless I've put a frozen pizza in the oven just before playing.  That almost always guarantees a full 20 minute match and smoke in the kitchen.

Back on topic, I have Wooster completed and DM and Montana at Stage 5.  I suppose I need some more T10s.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×