You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tulisang

Just My $0.02 Worth

17 comments in this topic

[TBCIC]
Members
587 posts
7,308 battles

Ahoy you salty captains .. been away awhile and now I know why I took a hiatus.  I was losing credits like a big dog once hitting Tier IX  .. :Smile_teethhappy:

.. but it's good to be back .. for at least a little while :Smile_izmena:

- Tuli

Untitled.png

Members
3,068 posts
15,886 battles

Get yourself some T9-T10 coal ships. Use them for the extra credits

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
53 minutes ago, Tulisang said:

I was losing credits like a big dog once hitting Tier IX  .. :Smile_teethhappy:

How I afford to play at tier X:

Get better

Even with a stock ship and no camo or flags, there is a point where you get enough credits to break even if you play good enough. When first got my Fletcher I thought I'd never be able to afford to play it. However, back then I was usually near the bottom of the team every game. Now that I'm usually in the top third of the teams I find that it's easier to break even economically.

Join a Clan

My clan has most of the economic buildings now, even though it's not all that active. We now get a 12% reduction in servicing costs.

Use economic signals

When I chose crates, I usually go for more resources and then trade them for Zulu and India Bravo Terrathree signals, which give more credits and a reduction in servicing costs. There are special signals too that give you more credits and reduce costs.

Watch that you don't have in-game currency auto-pay selected

A few signals on auto-pay can quickly send your ship's economy into the red, not to mention that it can also drain your doubloon stash for certain signals.

Be frugal with Premium consumables

Either use consumables that you have acquired from crates, events, etc. or be judicious and only pay for those that are important. If you select all Premium consumables and put them on suti-pay you can lose tens of thousands of credits at high tiers.

Use a Premium account

You don't necessarily have to purchase Premium time either -- there are usually events going on that give you Premium time at least for a couple of days a week. Concentrate on playing your higher tiers then.

Run Premium permacamo

This is probably the best thing you can do in order to have a good ship economy. You can purchase these or you can attain them for free from events. I have several permacamos that I got from events. The other ones I have were bought with doubloons I'd saved up -- doubloons that I'd acquired from events, supercontainers, etc. 

Alternate tier play

Play a couple of games at lower tiers for each one you play at a higher tier in order to save up credits.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
44 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Just... don't ever look at that screen in a torpedo boat. They're expensive! :cap_fainting:

Try a CV, planes are ammunition and their cost makes torpedoes look like they are penny candy, for those of us that remember when penny candy really was a penny. :Smile_teethhappy:

Just now, Snargfargle said:

Use a Premium account

Run Premium permacamo

The two most effective ways to at least break even in tier 10 and that peracamo makes anything but a complete face plant break even with premium time.

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
22 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

for those of us that remember when penny candy really was a penny. :Smile_teethhappy:

So penny candy was really made out of a penny? Wow, that is old. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
3 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

So penny candy was really made out of a penny? Wow, that is old. :Smile_trollface:

I had to laugh. :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles
13 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Taste wasn't so great, but it lasted all day.

• Funny 5

[TASC]
Members
411 posts
9,633 battles

i get it sir. 

for the life of me i can't figure out what the reason is to have the cost so high that you lose $ in high tier games. it seems to me that that would make people not want to play high tier games much. as someone else said" play a few low tier games to make enough $ to pay for your T10 game. "

if that is the thing to do why play high tier at all? for me i play high tier to grind up a line and for events where it is required. other than that it just isn't fun for me so i don't. 

[CVA16]
Members
5,374 posts
16,142 battles
4 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

for the life of me i can't figure out what the reason is to have the cost so high that you lose $ in high tier games. it seems to me that that would make people not want to play high tier games much. as someone else said" play a few low tier games to make enough $ to pay for your T10 game. "

WG wants you to pay to play at T10. Premiums, Premium Time, Permanent Cammo, Flags, doubloons. The earlier tiers are just to get you hooked but you constantly have to deal with being bottom tier. At T10, you are finally always top tier (except for those T11 ships masquerading as T10) but it will cost you.  Not to fault WG, they do have to find ways to make money off a "free-to-play" game.

[TASC]
Members
411 posts
9,633 battles

but that is the thing, if it was fun i would pay. they seem to miss that. if they made T10 fun and offered add on s or cammo's people would buy them because they liked the ship. as it is, and as posted by others above , people just play lower tiers to make $ so we still have population problems of T10 at times. they have to make ranked and clan battles T10 to force people to play them. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,871 battles
52 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Taste wasn't so great, but it lasted all day.

And those Red Ball Jawbreakers really could break your jaw!

We used to try and punch each other in the face with one of those in our cheeks :)

OIPCD7ZGSRN.jpg

That kind of childhood was the best preparation for playing Wows imo  o7

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLFG]
Members
234 posts
6,624 battles

Yep, way back in '66 could get those individual atomic fireballs for a penny.  That's when we were allowed to roam the neighborhoods on our bikes without fear.  Heck the worst thing that could happen was being late for dinner when Mom had it ready.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,871 battles
3 minutes ago, Hiro804 said:

Yep, way back in '66 could get those individual atomic fireballs for a penny.  That's when we were allowed to roam the neighborhoods on our bikes without fear.  Heck the worst thing that could happen was being late for dinner when Mom had it ready.

Hehe, now that I think about it … it was the entire neighborhood that feared us roaming brats on bikes :)

Ahhhh, the Glory Days!

We used to do wheelies and skid stops spraying each other with gravel - I can't even remember worrying about people's cars lol

Edited by Commander_367

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

Premium time is probably the most economical way to play T10s.  Premium time is quite inexpensive, all things considered, especially when purchased 50% off when it comes on sale.  I'm just an average player, and almost always make some small amount of coin in a T10 ship as long as I have premium time.  If I look at the other side of the screen, I see that some of those same games would have netted a loss without premium time.  Good games often net a gain even without premium time. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
3 hours ago, Hiro804 said:

Yep, way back in '66 could get those individual atomic fireballs for a penny. 

When I was a kid, bubble-gum machine candy and gum was a penny. Of course, we kids knew a trick to get more than one item per penny too. These were the old mechanical machines and if you turned the knob just right you could get your penny to stick and get two or three turns of the knob, and as many candies, before the penny dropped. 

In those days, we could get three cents for returning every empty pop bottle that we found too because this was when they washed and re-used pop bottles, which required a deposit. I always wondered how well they washed those things because before diet drinks were invented the old pop bottles sometimes contained dead bugs and, occasionally, mice when we found them. We got three cents for each empty. Two empties got us a candy bar and a penny to spare for a piece of gum. 

Growing up in the 50s and 60s is probably why my teeth are full of old falling-apart fillings now.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WPORT]
Members
5,407 posts
10,457 battles
3 hours ago, rutilius83 said:

but that is the thing, if it was fun i would pay. they seem to miss that. if they made T10 fun and offered add on s or cammo's people would buy them because they liked the ship. as it is, and as posted by others above , people just play lower tiers to make $ so we still have population problems of T10 at times. they have to make ranked and clan battles T10 to force people to play them. 

Well said.

• Cool 1