You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

Save the Atlanta! (...and Flint too)

104 comments in this topic

[ANK-A]
Members
1,054 posts
9,856 battles

The Premium ship Atlanta is about to hit with a huge nerf.  The IFHE changes will change it's current pen capability with IFHE from 27mm to 26mm.  It doesn't sound like much, but this is a massive nerf.  It means that Atlanta will not be able to pen many of the ships that it regularly fights.  This includes cruisers and with the subsequent armor changes that means just about all T8/T9 CAs.  To use WGs terminology it already had a low combat efficiency that will now be much worse.  It will be pointless to bring this ship to randoms.  I believe that this treatment of a premium ship, that I paid cash for, is unacceptable.  The same is true for Flint, and since steel is a very time consuming investment, yet another slap in the face to those who bought the ship in the last year.

image.thumb.png.ea795ebfdf7fd599861b0fa1be0c3a27.png

Everybody, especially captains of these ships, let WG know that this must be addressed NOW, and not 5 patches from now after the ship falls off a cliff.

Edited by YouSatInGum
pic
  • Cool 19
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 6

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Since it's AA got decimated I might argue it''s already too late to save the Atlanta lol

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
5 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

The Premium ship Atlanta is about to hit with a huge nerf.  The IFHE changes will change it's current pen capability with IFHE from 27mm to 26mm.  It doesn't sound like much, but this is a massive nerf.  It means that Atlanta will not be able to pen many of the ships that it regularly fights.  This includes cruisers and with the subsequent armor changes that means just about all T8/T9 CAs.  To use WGs terminology it already had a low combat efficiency that will now be much worse.  It will be pointless to bring this ship to randoms.  I believe that this treatment of a premium ship, that I paid cash for, is unacceptable.  The same is true for Flint, and since steel is a very time consuming investment, yet another slap in the face to those who bought the ship in the last year.

Everybody, especially captains of these ships, let WG know that this must be addressed NOW, and not 5 patches from now after the ship falls off a cliff.

The 152mm T7 and less cruisers will go from 32mm pen with IFHE to 31mm of pen with IFHE under the new rules. So they will have a similar nerf.

[ANK-A]
Members
1,054 posts
9,856 battles

It's awful for them too, but the fact Atlanta can't even straight up fight other cruisers is just wrong and made even worse since it is a premium ship.

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles

Time for full fire build?

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
5,908 posts

This is sad news.  I'd like to think WG will step in, but the Gearing is still waiting for the promised buffs to any ships that were impacted by the changes to the OWSF.  I'm not holding my breath....

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Trogdor the burninator build.

pqVSTxr.gif

Edited by RipNuN2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

Atlanta and Flint are going to take the nastiest hits, but all tier VI and VII ships with smaller guns (<=155mm) are going to take a massive clubbing from the HE/armor change that's coming in 0.9.2.  BBs with smaller main gun calibers are also going to suffer. 

Need as many players as possible to object to these changes in the Dev thread, in the PTS thread, and in threads here -- and on reddit, etc.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
Just now, RusskiySpy said:

yes because there aren't enough fires in the game

Law of unintended consequences...

Players scream about fires, WG tries to address this by mucking up mid-tier HE... more ships go full fire build.

Players gripe about IFHE being "mandatory" skill, WG tries to address this... ends up making IFHE *more* necessary for many mid-tier light cruisers and DDs.

• Boring 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,945 battles

They use the same excuse to nerf the kutuzov/payfast/the other one i forgot the name.

Also a big nerf in cvs "rework"

They made a global change they f*** with some premium ships and say "we just change the global we dont nerf the ship C: "...

[SIM]
Members
1,650 posts
40 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

I agree, WG leave the Atlanta and Flint alone. Or better yet, extend the firing range to 16km, torps to 6km.

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
22 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

This is sad news.  I'd like to think WG will step in, but the Gearing is still waiting for the promised buffs to any ships that were impacted by the changes to the OWSF.  I'm not holding my breath....

Gearing does have good torpedoes and competes with my Shimakaze in the role of torpedo boat DD. Plus Gearing also has good AA , nice enough concealment, adequate mobility, her torpedoes are stealthier than Shima torpedoes, and her guns are enough of a match to face off against other torp boat DDs. It’s the pure gunboat role that Gearing can suffer in these days.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles
19 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

yes because there aren't enough fires in the game

You're missing the point completely.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,784 posts
21,565 battles
31 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yep, flying all da flags for roasting botes...

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,784 posts
21,565 battles
5 minutes ago, LadyJess said:

I agree, WG leave the Atlanta and Flint alone. Or better yet, extend the firing range to 16km, torps to 6km.

Yes, leave their pen alone if possible!

Increasing the range just makes floaty rounds more floaty, IMHO.

Yes to Atlanta torps to 6km but keep Flint's at 8km please! (Or make Atlanta's 8km as well!)

[MCGA]
Members
88 posts
10,536 battles
50 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

So what did you learn from this? Stop paying cash for ships because they dont respect their customers. Of course, I dont believe you will learn this lesson.

• Boring 4

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
57 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

I think Atlanta is less of a problem than Dallas, Boise, Helena, and Belfast, who lack any appreciable secodnary weapon system (even the piss poor 4km torps on Atlanta can do SOMETHING).

[SALVO]
Members
24,839 posts
25,932 battles
9 hours ago, BoS_Mud said:

So what did you learn from this? Stop paying cash for ships because they dont respect their customers. Of course, I dont believe you will learn this lesson.

This is nonsense.  Sometimes, the game needs serious tweaking and no ship, tech tree or premium, should be immune from those tweaks!!!

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
827 posts
14,588 battles
52 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The 152mm T7 and less cruisers will go from 32mm pen with IFHE to 31mm of pen with IFHE under the new rules. So they will have a similar nerf.

but those other t7  cruisers will at least be getting a armor buff , ATL doesn't seem to be .  Those 152s will also be able to pen 25mm by default 

[WOLFC]
Members
489 posts
6,440 battles

Reposting the same replay from the other other IFHE thread. Here's an Atlanta on the PTS. 15pt captain, running PT, PM, AR, DE, IFHE, and CE. Coop replay, but that way I could concentrate on hitting as many different targets as I could. Had shots on an Atlanta, North Carolina, Chung Mu, and Lexington. Feel free to take a look and analyze away.  20200220_102502_PASC006-Atlanta-1942_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 minute ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

but those other t7  cruisers will at least be getting a armor buff , ATL doesn't seem to be .  Those 152s will also be able to pen 25mm by default 

This i s true, but they lose the ability to pen 32mm of armor. There are some ships that get across a threshold that they used to need IFHE to get across. But 127mm loses the 27mm threshold and 152mm loses the 32mm threshold that they have now. It would be good for them to keep that AND have ships not need IFHE for some thresholds. I'm looking at the math on that.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

This is nonsense.  Sometimes, the game needs so serious tweaking and no ship, tech tree or premium, should be immune from those tweaks!!!

However, this entire HE/armor change circus is an unnecessary and counter-productive over-reach by WG. 

Many ships that were commonly believed to need IFHE, will need it MORE.

Alternatively, players will abandon IFHE entirely for full firestarter builds on those ships, making the "inferno problem" worse.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,711 posts
18,582 battles

The ATL and the flint as long as other ships like her are dead...

• AA was nerfed
    • Given to BBs instead
  • Fires Nerfed
  • BBs armor increased, forcing the use of IFHE as a mandatory skill
  • DC was buffed
  • Cruiser armor buffed... Now you can't Citadel the new cruisers in the ATL/Flint types.
  • BB gun power creep Sinks the ATL in 6 shots or less..

This is just a few notes to the power creep and increasing favoritism to one ship class.

The new version of the ATL/Flint type ships... Can't even compete in the current +/-2 MM restriction.

Its up to you guys to play them after 0.9.2 OR just have them as port queens and play BBs instead.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,839 posts
25,932 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

However, this entire HE/armor change circus is an unnecessary and counter-productive over-reach by WG. 

Many ships that were commonly believed to need IFHE, will need it MORE.

Alternatively, players will abandon IFHE entirely for full firestarter builds on those ships, making the "inferno problem" worse.

Personally, I think that IFHE should have never been added to the game.  And that no ship should have ever needed it to be reasonably effective.  The problem at this point is that to execute this, WG would have to spend a lot of time and effort identifying the ships that would be affected by the lack of IFHE and then decide whether those ships need tweaking to their guns so that they can be effective without an IFHE skill to enhance their performance.  

Overall, I don't think that I like the direction they took.  But that doesn't change my general philosophy that when major tweaks are needed to the game, no ship should be immune from those tweaks, premium or otherwise.

• Cool 3