Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Raptor Rescue

7 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

I played Raptor Rescue last night. The operation was removed to correct a bug in the AI.

I don't know if it is 100% or not & 2 matches is not enough to give a reasonable opinion on the AI.

But the AI glitches I was seeing were not present in those matches.

I've been vocal about my dissatisfaction with WG over scenarios. This was a quick return for RR.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Still waiting for Cherry Blossom and Dynamo, and particularly Hermes which was my favorite.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

Yes, Yes, Yes, I would love to seen those return.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I played Raptor Rescue last night. The operation was removed to correct a bug in the AI.

I don't know if it is 100% or not & 2 matches is not enough to give a reasonable opinion on the AI.

But the AI glitches I was seeing were not present in those matches.

I've been vocal about my dissatisfaction with WG over scenarios. This was a quick return for RR.

They didn't specified that they fixed the AI bug in Raptor Rescue when it was brought back. They only mentioned of fixing issues that caused the client to crash.

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

The CV auto pilot bug (8.7 ~ 8.9?) fix only impacted the Liberty ships.  I have never seen the AI in Raptor break like it occasionally did in Narai or Newport.  

The AI ships in Raptor can still manage to beach themselves though, but that only happens if a player pushes them or they are forced to evade torpedoes.  As long as stuff dies quick in Raptor, all ships will stay in their convoy.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
510 posts
5,022 battles
2 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

The CV auto pilot bug (8.7 ~ 8.9?) fix only impacted the Liberty ships.  I have never seen the AI in Raptor break like it occasionally did in Narai or Newport.  

The AI ships in Raptor can still manage to beach themselves though, but that only happens if a player pushes them or they are forced to evade torpedoes.  As long as stuff dies quick in Raptor, all ships will stay in their convoy.

The major difference is that if Raptor goes AWOL, for whatever reason, it is mission fail. If the transports in Narai go crazy you can still 4 star it. That is a problem that should be examined. But Narai was pulled. Raptor??

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,250 battles

Narai is -- or was -- way funner than Raptor Rescue.  I'd much rather play Narai with slightly wonky AI for transport movement, than an unbroken Raptor Rescue.   

Sign in to follow this