Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SpewnDonkey

Reported for trying to win

25 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
3,052 battles

Is there some unwritten rule about the last ship left  has to just give up? I was the least ship left in the match, I was in the Iowa. There was 2 bb's left and 1 dd. I sunk one of the bb's, hit the Missouri for 2 citadel's all  while retreating and healing because the DD kept me on fire. There was 6 minutes left on the clock, I just don't think I should give up but after the match I seen I was reported twice.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts

Without the full game/chat we can;t say it's just because of being the last ship.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, Bguk said:

Without the full game/chat we can;t say it's just because of being the last ship.

Oh I can say it was likely because they were the last one alive because you see it happen in tanks as well even if you are the one that has been fights no the entire battle, have the most kills, highest damage scores, the most cap points, nice stack of awards, and if you team decided to all due then it’s some how the last player’s alive fault. And you could have been either not in the chat or been the most polite well mannered person in the chat and your team can still be annoyed.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
1 minute ago, SpewnDonkey said:

Is there some unwritten rule about the last ship left  has to just give up?

No, but there are some peculiar people who have their own views about how you should go out. If it's an irretrievable blowout loss, sure, I'll often YOLO in and go down swinging in a blaze of glory so that the other players can get their ships back into port. If it's the sort of situation where I am guaranteed a win on time or points if I can just stay alive long enough, I will flat out run away. If I have to fight and kill to get the win, and I have the firepower and HP to do so, I'll go for it.

I very seldom report anyone who chooses to both run and fight like you did. Chances are if they are my enemy, they will get a "worthy opponent" upvote. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Oh I can say it was likely because they were the last one alive because you see it happen in tanks as well even if you are the one that has been fights no the entire battle, have the most kills, highest damage scores, the most cap points, nice stack of awards, and if you team decided to all due then it’s some how the last player’s alive fault. And you could have been either not in the chat or been the most polite well mannered person in the chat and your team can still be annoyed.

Happens a lot yet it's not 1200%. Seen the last guy alive trolling his own team. So many reasons it could be which is why without a replay hard to tell what really happened.

Plus I don't trust random people on the internet.

• Cool 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,255 battles
11 minutes ago, SpewnDonkey said:

Is there some unwritten rule about the last ship left  has to just give up? I was the least ship left in the match, I was in the Iowa. There was 2 bb's left and 1 dd. I sunk one of the bb's, hit the Missouri for 2 citadel's all  while retreating and healing because the DD kept me on fire. There was 6 minutes left on the clock, I just don't think I should give up but after the match I seen I was reported twice.

Were you in the back the whole match and still at full health when you were the last ship?  People will report you for that.  Karma doesn't mean anything so I wouldn't stress out about being reported too much.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles

Not any I would adhere to.

after the match I seen I was reported twice.

In most cases I wouldn't worry about it

• Cool 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,166 posts
16,863 battles

If I'm in a cruiser fighting for caps, I'm terrible in destroyers so don't play them in randoms, and look behind me after getting blapped to see a BB at full health backing up to the point he's trying to get to the next map, well yes I might drop a negative on that captain. Just because the other team are killing themselves to try to finish you doesn't excuse such passive play. 

However, I am not saying that is what you did or anything; it's just a generalization since we don't have a replay. But, cruisers that are the last alive are typically island huggers or smokers while battleships are usually the rear line snipers. Regardless, karma means nothing and gets you nothing so keep playing the game however you wish. 

Slainte.

Image result for cheer up dog meme

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
51 minutes ago, SpewnDonkey said:

No, but if you were in the back the whole game and full health at the end you will get reported. See that happen a lot on streams and comments in chat about that.

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts

Listen..........  Even veterans here are saying if you have a lot of health in the end.  That is 100% WRONG!!!!  2 days ago I had 70% HP at the end of our round and was getting torched by the usual keyboard basement toughguys..  I then told them 3 things that shut them up...

I had OVER 200K Damage and   GULP......  USED ALL 4 HEALS!!! Also had India Delta Signals on as well.

Fireproof Achievement as well.

Sometime people forget that we have HEALS!

So Just ignore the dead crybabies if you did your part. This place is a drama queens paradise.  They can't go a day without it.

Col Out

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
6,150 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, SpewnDonkey said:

1st of all welcome to the forums (not your 1st post but close enough).

Replays are saved automatically...do you know how to access them & add them to a thread?

The reason I ask is there's very little in game accessable tutorial material in this game & you have few enough battles that you may have been trying to win but it may not have appeared that you were to somebody w/more experience...in fact you may have even gotten the report way earlier in the battle & somebody w/more experience might be able to spot something in a replay to help you get a better idea about what caused the reports & maybe give you tips on how to prevent future ones.

But as others have said don't sweat the reports...karma points don't really have any real value except the more you have the more comments/reports you can give others (up to a max of 11).

Edit: Many have replied that if you were hanging back the whole battle & that is why you were the last ship it may be the reason for the report.

Something many new players are not aware of is that the post battle ship repair costs are standard on all same tier ships...which means no matter if you take zero damage or if you are sunk it costs the same amount of credits for ship repairs so you shouldn't be worried about pushing up more & getting shot at...not saying to just charge forward & get insta deleted at the start but supporting the team more results in more compliments than reports.

Can't say if this is what occured w/out a replay...just passing along the information in case you were not aware.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[BTH]
Members
319 posts
16,527 battles

You are doing right. Giving up any chance of win is rather unsporting and should be reported.

I shall give you a karma in compensation if i see you in game. :fish_aqua:

[P2W]
[P2W]
Banned
1,334 posts
5 minutes ago, JAPridemore said:

Reported for not uploading replay.

I have reported your report so please dont report my report on your report! (say that 3 times real fast !)

• Cool 1

[JTF67]
Members
115 posts
5,120 battles
Just now, DESRON10 said:

I have reported your report so please dont report my report on your report! (say that 3 times real fast !)

Just now, DESRON10 said:

"That three times real fast."

Members
9 posts
3,052 battles

Thanks for the replies. I'm really trying to get better at this game and want learn to be helpful to my team.  I'll have to enable replays again. It quit working after the update. It would be nice to have other players help me see where I go wrong in game. I definitely end up over extended a lot. I like to push too much. 

[WOLFG]
Members
28,982 posts
8,240 battles
On 2/20/2020 at 9:07 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If it's an irretrievable blowout loss, sure, I'll often YOLO in and go down swinging in a blaze of glory so that the other players can get their ships back into port. 

I'm usually selfish lol.

I'm going to wring every last point of damage I can. 

Although, that occasionally goes hand-in-hand with YOLO, if I can ram something with decent HP.....

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
On 2/20/2020 at 9:08 AM, Ducky_shot said:

It could be the manner in which you became the last ship alive. 

To expand this a bit: if you're the last ship alive in a BB with close to full health, your teammates might not appreciate it.

(Not suggesting that this happened with OP, just discussing a hypothetical)

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,591 posts
2,429 battles
On 2/20/2020 at 9:28 AM, Col_Nasty said:

Listen..........  Even veterans here are saying if you have a lot of health in the end.  That is 100% WRONG!!!!  2 days ago I had 70% HP at the end of our round and was getting torched by the usual keyboard basement toughguys..  I then told them 3 things that shut them up...

I had OVER 200K Damage and   GULP......  USED ALL 4 HEALS!!! Also had India Delta Signals on as well.

Fireproof Achievement as well.

Sometime people forget that we have HEALS!

So Just ignore the dead crybabies if you did your part. This place is a drama queens paradise.  They can't go a day without it.

Col Out

Replay or you're making that up.

Members
1,431 posts
17,120 battles

The BBs in this game are designed to take and repair damage as well as dishing it out. If by taking an additional few K in damage means that smaller weaker ships survive longer you are helping your team. There is a game I recall from last week that fits this situation. It was a JB that spent the entire game hiding behind an island just poking his nose out every now and then to "kill secure". At the end of the game it was just him with his 80% health left and 5 enemy ships. By then it was too late. Now it's quite possible that if this ship had tanked some damage during the game there may have been other green ships left alive to help out in the end game. I did report that player for poor game play because while he did OK in damage and kills he contributed to the team's loss.

Now I can't comment on the OP's game and the lord only knows that the peanut gallery advice in chat can in most cases be ignored but if I see a BB actively avoiding tanking damage I'm going to consider it poor play.

Edited by CrazyHorse_Denver

Sign in to follow this