Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Anonymous50

Cyclones are a Plague that Needs to Be Addressed

8 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,884 posts
9,912 battles

Like, I'm in a battle and suddenly I can see ships on the mini map but not from my ship screen?!?!!?

Like WTH is this?

This is a SHIPS seen on maps that get blapped with my GUNS game & we all  have the right to blap anything seen by our teammates as long as its within range of our guns

• Funny 3
  • Boring 3

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

Well thats just like, your opinion man. But in all reality the whole point of the cyclone is to shake things up a bit and force people to get in closer ranged fights with each other. Obviously this will be bad for SEA imports and back line sniping BBs, but overall I think they add some nice variety every few battles. As for saying if you see a ship on the minimap you should be able to shoot it, I agree, shoot it. WG added a little circle on the minimap to make blind shots extremely easy so just go for it until you get close enough to see the ship itself.

• Cool 3

[TDRB]
Members
5,118 posts
13,727 battles

I think they add some nice variety every few battles

^^^^This^^^^

• Cool 1

[K0]
Members
186 posts
4,303 battles

I find the slight adversity a cyclone adds to the game quite pleasant. It makes players adapt their playstyles and teaches one to fully utilize the minimap and fire without line of sight.  Also I find it of great value in getting into flanking positions, adding an element of realismwhich contributes to a better simulation of the uncertainty of naval warfare.

[REKTD]
Members
237 posts
9,555 battles

I think it is a troll thread too...but I actually never put 2 and 2 together with regards to the small mini map circle and indirect fire. This is marvelous - thank you guys!

Members
102 posts

I don't have a problem with cyclones existing, but they absolutely need to provide a percentage visibility debuff instead of a flat cap. It's [edited] that suddenly a BB is no more or less visible than ships half its size.

The "traveling storm" mechanic does a pretty good job of it, I think. If cyclones were a scaled-up version of this where visibility diminished over time, that'd be good.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,598 posts
10,459 battles

Cyclones hurt ships that rely on stealth to survive.  Cruisers that get in range of a BB are in a dangerous place, because if they can see the BB, the BB can see them.  DDs that get in range can get radared and easily blapped due to the closer proximity of all ships.  BBs are typically spotted all the time anyway, but if they get spotted in a storm and they have a cruiser near, that cruiser can radar the DD knowing it is close to the BB and not just spotting it from far out.  BBs are slow, so if a ship wants to stay out of range, all they have to do is stay outside the 8km range.  The BB can only sail forever in the dark.

The biggest problem with cyclones, is that ships that are not brawlers, are the most hurt.

The 12km range of cyclones that is used in clan battles is a step in the right direction.  It is much better than the shorter 8km range in use now.  At least you aren't totally blind for half the game.

Sign in to follow this