Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Free-to-Play-er calcs remaining Doubloon buys

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles

My sig indicates my position. So when I saw a chance to acquire doubloons through these mission sets and daily missions, I decided to 'up' my game for a while. Up to last night (WED, 19FEB) I have made 3 buys with 420 tokens for 600 doubloons:

• 30 tokens from daily shipments
  • 250 tokens from completing mission sets 1 & 2
  • 140 tokens from completing all daily missions from 13-19FEB (THU-WED)

This morning while waiting for the server pop to up a bit, I thought about the remaining time in the event and how many more buys I might get, so a ran a quicky spreadsheet to see:

doubloonsbuy.jpg.png.379718baee81fd6175205f7e85eb89a2.png

THU is today, FRI shows an extra 20 tokens for the last daily shipment, and the 170s on the TUEs are the daily missions PLUS the completion of mission sets 3 & 4 of British Cruisers.

Obviously I populated all cells from this morning through SUN, 08MAR, but found that I would be short 20 tokens for a 5th buy. So I decided to take Sundays off as well as the last THU, FRI, & SAT (if I don't care about whatever silver I get for token overages) to end up with an even 4 more buys for 800 doubloons, bringing my total doubloon haul to 1400. As a bonus for taking advantage of WG's generosity, I'll get a Tier 6 premium British cruiser London to share premium battleship Warspite's load of training Brit captains! Sure, it would have been nice to have ONE MORE DAY of the event to garner the last 20 tokens to complete another doubloon buy, but gaining 1400 doubloons AND a T6 premium cruiser is still a wonderful haul for a free-to-play-er....

THANK YOU, WarGaming!

EDIT: Thanks to @RainbowFartingUnicorn giving a bit more consideration than I did to my own post, it looks as though, if I do all daily missions I was going to skip (120 tokens) and get London by hustling on MON, 02MAR AND win a battle in London on MON and TUE (Heart of Iron Challenge = 20 tokens), I'll have scraped together just enough tokens for another doubloon buy, bringing my total doubloon haul for this whole event to 1600! Wowzer dowser!!!

THANK YOU, MistyFlatulentImaginaryEquine!

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,773 posts
21,548 battles

That's the path I'm taking as well. I don't see a better option at this time.

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
4 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

My sig indicates my position. So when I saw a chance to acquire doubloons through these mission sets and daily missions, I decided to 'up' my game for a while. Up to last night (WED, 19FEB) I have made 3 buys with 420 tokens for 600 doubloons:

This morning while waiting for the server pop to up a bit, I thought about the remaining time in the event and how many more buys I might get, so a ran a quicky spreadsheet to see:

THU is today, FRI shows an extra 20 tokens for the last daily shipment, and the 170s on the TUEs are the daily missions PLUS the completion of mission sets 3 & 4 of British Cruisers.

Obviously I populated all cells from this morning through SUN, 08MAR, but found that I would be short 20 tokens for a 5th buy. So I decided to take Sundays off as well as the last THU, FRI, & SAT (if I don't care about whatever silver I get for token overages) to end up with an even 4 more buys for 800 doubloons, bringing my total doubloon haul to 1400. As a bonus for taking advantage of WG's generosity, I'll get a Tier 6 premium British cruiser London to share premium battleship Warspite's load of training Brit captains! Sure, it would have been nice to have ONE MORE DAY of the event to garner the last 20 tokens to complete another doubloon buy, but gaining 1400 doubloons AND a T6 premium cruiser is still a wonderful haul for a free-to-play-er....

THANK YOU, WarGaming!

If you grind Directive 4 fast, you might get those last 20 tokens from two days' of first wins with London.

• Cool 1

Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles
14 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

If you grind Directive 4 fast, you might get those last 20 tokens from two days' of first wins with London.

RATS!... you know, I never gave that a thought.... back to the boards for re-analysis....

EDIT: I suppose I could grab another 20 tokens with two wins in London IF that Heart of Oak thing runs through that TUE 03MAR, and I get London MON and win a battle in it on MON and TUE. Have to check when they're pulling Heart of Oak challenge.

Edited by theLaalaa

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
3 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

RATS!... you know, I never gave that a thought.... back to the boards for re-analysis....

EDIT: I suppose I could grab another 20 tokens with two wins in London IF that Heart of Oak thing runs through that TUE 03MAR, and I get London MON and win a battle in it on MON and TUE. Have to check when they're pulling Heart of Oak challenge.

Unfortunately Wargaming doesn't make this easy to find out, but it would be 28 days after the start, which I believe was the Friday after the patch released.

Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles
6 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Unfortunately Wargaming doesn't make this easy to find out, but it would be 28 days after the start, which I believe was the Friday after the patch released.

Still, I'm so appreciative of your insight and taking a moment to share it!

[1984]
Members
4,130 posts
19,959 battles
7 hours ago, Khafni said:

That's the path I'm taking as well. I don't see a better option at this time.

Premium time is the best buy. Why waste dubs on a tier 6 when you could save for a tier 8?

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,130 posts
19,959 battles
4 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Why waste time? Just free xp Albemarle and you got that many days x 10 shillings?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
8 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

THANK YOU, WarGaming!

EDIT: Thanks to @RainbowFartingUnicorn giving a bit more consideration than I did to my own post, it looks as though, if I do all daily missions I was going to skip (120 tokens) and get London by hustling on MON, 02MAR AND win a battle in London on MON and TUE (Heart of Iron Challenge = 20 tokens), I'll have scraped together just enough tokens for another doubloon buy, bringing my total doubloon haul for this whole event to 1600! Wowzer dowser!!!

THANK YOU, MistyFlatulentImaginaryEquine!

Congratulations … you just made a grand total of approx. $6.40 :)

Now, divide that number by total hours and you'll have a rough calculation of your hourly wage from WG 

Still feel Lucky?

Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles
19 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Now, divide that number by total hours and you'll have a rough calculation of your hourly wage from WG 

Still feel Lucky?

Lucky? No, as I'm not playing for boxes of who-knows-what. Nor am I playing for wages, but for entertainment - and with this event my entertainment also garners a premium ship and currency otherwise unobtainable that can be put toward another premium boat.

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
29 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Lucky? No, as I'm not playing for boxes of who-knows-what. Nor am I playing for wages, but for entertainment - and with this event my entertainment also garners a premium ship and currency otherwise unobtainable that can be put toward another premium boat.

Buying the London = Buying doubloons … so that's a wash - factor it out

1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Premium time is the best buy. Why waste dubs on a tier 6 when you could save for a tier 8?

1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Why waste time? Just free xp Albemarle and you got that many days x 10 shillings?

Both of montpetitloup's suggestions make infinitely more sense 

Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles
38 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Buying the London = Buying doubloons … so that's a wash - factor it out

Both of montpetitloup's suggestions make infinitely more sense 

I am getting London and doubloons for playing the game. Why spend real money on something I will get for just playing the game?

Premium time for doubloons lasts a few days. The boat(s) I will buy with doubloons will last the full time I play.

I play the game and level up lines while playing, so why buy (expend FreeXP for advancement) what I get through playing the game? I use FreeXP EXCLUSIVELY on premium boats, which are long-term, tangible (you know what I mean) items.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
10 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I am getting London and doubloons for playing the game. Why spend real money on something I will get for just playing the game?

Premium time for doubloons lasts a few days. The boat(s) I will buy with doubloons will last the full time I play.

I play the game and level up lines while playing, so why buy (expend FreeXP for advancement) what I get through playing the game? I use FreeXP EXCLUSIVELY on premium boats, which are long-term, tangible (you know what I mean) items.

Ok, so you get the T6 for free like everyone else … 

I still don't get what you're so excited about :) 

1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

Still feel Lucky?

hehe, combined with the no access early access - it's a non event afaik o7

Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles

I guess it's difficult for someone that'll just toss cash for whatever s/he wants in this game to see the opportunity to acquire gold / premium boats / whatever from the perspective of a free-to-play-er like myself. To you, all of this was a "non event," but to me, it was a profitable event.

I also originally posted this stuff so others that are also considering playing for free may see the opportunities available. One doesn't need to spend real $$ on this entertainment to be entertained as well as enriched (game-wise).

o7 back at y'a. :)

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,773 posts
21,548 battles
3 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

I would go that route except I have nearly 2 years on the account. I got a bit from Santa this year. Good choice if you are lacking it.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,593 posts
2,433 battles

I'm planning on spending my tokens on doubloons, as well.  A single day of premium time isn't worth it when i would likely only have time for 3-4 matches that day.

[1984]
Members
4,130 posts
19,959 battles
8 hours ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

I'm planning on spending my tokens on doubloons, as well.  A single day of premium time isn't worth it when i would likely only have time for 3-4 matches that day.

Here’s a secret: unlock the premium time on days you can play (weekend for most of us) then it’s maximized. The event lasts a moth or so, you have 4 weekends to play premium time...

Sign in to follow this