Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RyuuohD_NA

CV Rocket Plane Adjustment Suggestion

5 comments in this topic

Members
2,763 posts
93 battles

Of the three armaments CVs have (rockets, bombers, torpedoes), two of them are relatively balanced, with only one being more oppressive, especially to low-HP ships like DDs, and that are the rockets. 

A suggestion I'll make for rocket plane adjustment is to make rockets take more time to prepare to attack, and at the same time decrease the attack window. This means that CV players have to start out further back to being their rocket attack run, and at the same time must predict the position of the enemy ship they wish to attack beforehand, since the lowered attack windows prevents last-minute adjustments to direction. For a starting baseline, say make it take 7 seconds for rocket reticle to go green after left click, and then have only 3 seconds for the green reticle to remain active, after which the attack run cancels. This way, DD player have more time to maneuver to a more favorable position to mitigate rocket damage and/or make the rocket attack miss completely, and at the same time, make using rockets more skillful as it requires a longer lead time and actual prediction of target position, much like aiming guns.

What do you think of this? I'd like to tag some of the mods, but I don't know how to.

Members
791 posts

I think your idea would be fine if it wasnt going to have to  be combined with the already short plane spotting  ranges of DD.  Personally I say get rid of rockets all together, no one asked WG to make rocket planes a thing.   For a 3rd strike you can keep fighters but change them to light bombs or do bomb skipping so you have to impact the side of the  dd with a skipped bomb.    The dmg of the rocket strikes are fine but the consistency and lack of AA make DD life hell.   There needs to be a balance between CV's ability to hit and do damage and surface ships/dd's ability to negate that damage.   

The main problem wg caused is that CV do consistent damage while AA tends to be inconsistent and thats due to heavy use of flak mechanic and its avoidable damage.   Rockets are part of the problem but the whole way wg engineered AA around flak is the bigger one.  DD need high constant AA dps at short and mid range allowing them to deal carriers heavy losses per strike.  

[-K-]
Members
8,340 posts
14,112 battles

How about just nerf rocket planes alpha strike down to a certain percentage against DDs, just like battleship AP alpha was nerfed against DDs?

[KSC]
Members
638 posts
9,569 battles
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Of the three armaments CVs have (rockets, bombers, torpedoes), two of them are relatively balanced, with only one being more oppressive, especially to low-HP ships like DDs, and that are the rockets. 

A suggestion I'll make for rocket plane adjustment is to make rockets take more time to prepare to attack, and at the same time decrease the attack window. This means that CV players have to start out further back to being their rocket attack run, and at the same time must predict the position of the enemy ship they wish to attack beforehand, since the lowered attack windows prevents last-minute adjustments to direction. For a starting baseline, say make it take 7 seconds for rocket reticle to go green after left click, and then have only 3 seconds for the green reticle to remain active, after which the attack run cancels. This way, DD player have more time to maneuver to a more favorable position to mitigate rocket damage and/or make the rocket attack miss completely, and at the same time, make using rockets more skillful as it requires a longer lead time and actual prediction of target position, much like aiming guns.

What do you think of this? I'd like to tag some of the mods, but I don't know how to.

@Hapa_Fodder@Femennenly

Actually, this could be a nice change.  Adding an additional second of windup time would allow DDs more time to stay under their guns if the attack turn is tight, and more time to displace while be unseen if the attack turn isn't.

Rocket Planes already have counter-play on a per Nation basis, but adding an extra second of pre-attack time might actually help accentuate those weaknesses in a balanced way.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,212 posts
5,672 battles
3 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Are you meaning that rockets are overpowered??? Absolutely not! A DD should not survive more than 3 rocket bombers runs.
Currently, 2 squadrons have some chances to sink a DD provided it's same or under tier.
That is a joke, if 1 DD can shoot down 1 squadron, there is no reason 1 squadron cannot sink a DD.
In general, the whole thing is unfair. One ship can destroy a full health squadron, but no squadron can sink a full ship.

But ok... I like the game like that, so maybe we keep it unbalanced, lots of CV drivers are unhappy but CVs are so cool, that still majority of players love them.

... And don't telle me I am trolling, please!!!

Sign in to follow this