Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Weekly Combat Missions: Great White Fleet

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,553
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,498 posts
13,885 battles

New combat missions are available!


Read it on the portal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[BR_S]
Members
51 posts
4,882 battles

fyi. The "dedicated article" link ingame/news is not working. Takes me to my browser but no url is entered.

 

edit: Hapa's link works though.

shot-20_02.20_08_41.18-0895.thumb.jpg.e51828527ee7652b537b67682940c6b5.jpg

Edited by Fat_Bob_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[KAPPA]
Members
1,339 posts
7,483 battles

Well crud, there went the one way to truly distinguish someone that got the ARP ships back in the day with the re-release of the flag. It is nice that the newer people can get it now, but I'm sure there's a few of us old timers that wish there was some way to show that we earned them back in the day. Oh well, I guess it's just a minor point of pride issue anyway. I suppose there always is the MMC flag for the few who did both that and the ARP stuff.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[IJAG]
Members
187 posts
14,635 battles
2 hours ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Well crud, there went the one way to truly distinguish someone that got the ARP ships back in the day with the re-release of the flag. It is nice that the newer people can get it now, but I'm sure there's a few of us old timers that wish there was some way to show that we earned them back in the day. Oh well, I guess it's just a minor point of pride issue anyway. I suppose there always is the MMC flag for the few who did both that and the ARP stuff.

I think the new players didn't miss much, to be honest when it comes to in-game content. If new players aren't able to get ships that are not available anymore, so what? There is plenty of other ships that they can do well in. If new players missed a unique camo or flag, so what? There will be plenty of new ones later on. I was one of the player who really wanted WG do to another event where I could earn the MMC flag because I wasn't able to get it at the time.  Now looking back at it I say "Meh, it's just a worthless piece of junk". Yes, it gives you a very small amount of XP, but I see it just as worthless as all the other flags. Even the new flags in the future. I'm honestly glad that I don't have the MCC flag because I don't have to worry about having it on all of my ships as a necessity for a small amount of extra XP. When veteran players are upset and complaining about new players being able to obtain content that was from past events I'll just say "Who the heck cares?" Maybe some of the new players are ARP fans and this is their first time being able to obtain these items. Let them have fun earning those items if they want to. If veteran players are upset when past items lose their uniqueness, don't be. Be happy that they once were.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,666
[PVE]
Members
6,124 posts
22,432 battles

Doh...don't start until tonight...nvrmnd.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
69 posts
5,016 battles

Yup.

Another  messed up campaign.

Ought to allow the tier 3 ships  to participate as the Maine II [ B 10] was a pre dreadnaught class [ Tier 2 ?]  and all the ships in the GWF were older than these. Since they did not introduce any "New" ships, [ pun intended] , the South Carolina would be the closest in age to the name. can we get something in the way of Continuity going here ? Tier 5 is just WAY off base for the theme... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_White_Fleet#Fleet_composition

 

 

maine 2.jpg

GWF 1.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[KAPPA]
Members
1,339 posts
7,483 battles
18 hours ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

I think the new players didn't miss much, to be honest when it comes to in-game content. If new players aren't able to get ships that are not available anymore, so what? There is plenty of other ships that they can do well in. If new players missed a unique camo or flag, so what? There will be plenty of new ones later on. I was one of the player who really wanted WG do to another event where I could earn the MMC flag because I wasn't able to get it at the time.  Now looking back at it I say "Meh, it's just a worthless piece of junk". Yes, it gives you a very small amount of XP, but I see it just as worthless as all the other flags. Even the new flags in the future. I'm honestly glad that I don't have the MCC flag because I don't have to worry about having it on all of my ships as a necessity for a small amount of extra XP. When veteran players are upset and complaining about new players being able to obtain content that was from past events I'll just say "Who the heck cares?" Maybe some of the new players are ARP fans and this is their first time being able to obtain these items. Let them have fun earning those items if they want to. If veteran players are upset when past items lose their uniqueness, don't be. Be happy that they once were.  

You missed my point. I'm not at all against new players being able to get stuff that those of us that were around back in the day had to earn. What I was wanting was some minor cosmetic way to be able to distinguish old timers from new guys. I know I'm not the only one that has thought of that. It's a point of pride thing in that we had to work hard to get many of the things we did, while now all you had to do was drop x amount of $ and get the stuff. Heck, I'd even be thrilled if they made a way for newer people to get a variant of the MMC flag. Yes, the per-battle bonus is small, but once your battle count starts reaching 4 and 5 digits, that starts to add up and I can tell you better than anyone the difference that makes, I have had two accounts since June/July of 2015 thanks to an email mix up and a slight mistake on my part. One account has all of my IJN/Axis ships (plus those I deem to fit in that category that weren't historically official members) and the MMC flag, and the other has my USN/Allied fleet, but no MMC flag. Take a wild guess which one has more credits and completed ship lines on it. Granted the MMC isn't the only factor, but it did help push one above the other.

 Realistically, all I was asking for was some tiny visual alteration or possibly some sort of tag to distinguish the experienced from the new. But in case you missed the subtle hints made by the last two sentences in my original post, I had already accepted the situation for what it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[IJAG]
Members
187 posts
14,635 battles
2 hours ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

You missed my point. I'm not at all against new players being able to get stuff that those of us that were around back in the day had to earn. What I was wanting was some minor cosmetic way to be able to distinguish old timers from new guys. I know I'm not the only one that has thought of that. It's a point of pride thing in that we had to work hard to get many of the things we did, while now all you had to do was drop x amount of $ and get the stuff. Heck, I'd even be thrilled if they made a way for newer people to get a variant of the MMC flag. Yes, the per-battle bonus is small, but once your battle count starts reaching 4 and 5 digits, that starts to add up and I can tell you better than anyone the difference that makes, I have had two accounts since June/July of 2015 thanks to an email mix up and a slight mistake on my part. One account has all of my IJN/Axis ships (plus those I deem to fit in that category that weren't historically official members) and the MMC flag, and the other has my USN/Allied fleet, but no MMC flag. Take a wild guess which one has more credits and completed ship lines on it. Granted the MMC isn't the only factor, but it did help push one above the other.

 Realistically, all I was asking for was some tiny visual alteration or possibly some sort of tag to distinguish the experienced from the new. But in case you missed the subtle hints made by the last two sentences in my original post, I had already accepted the situation for what it was. 

It's a point of pride thing blah blah blah. I still don't see why new items have to distinguish from older ones. It's unimportant. Plus, new players don't need a "variant" of the MMC flag when they can just get the same thing. You're still going on about not letting new players being able to have past items when their exactly the same, but it's ok if it has been unnecessarily altered. I guess that point of pride or whatever has increased your arrogance, but that's uncommon to veteran players.

Edited by USAPatriotGamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[KAPPA]
Members
1,339 posts
7,483 battles
7 hours ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

It's a point of pride thing blah blah blah. I still don't see why new items have to distinguish from older ones. It's unimportant. Plus, new players don't need a "variant" of the MMC flag when they can just get the same thing. You're still going on about not letting new players being able to have past items when their exactly the same, but it's ok if it has been unnecessarily altered. I guess that point of pride or whatever has increased your arrogance, but that's uncommon to veteran players.

Ok, fine. You seem to have an issue with 'old timers'. I've tried to explain that I've made my peace with the issue, though I still wish things were a little different. How am I the arrogant one?

Come on man, get that chip off your shoulder, this is the internet, no one's gonna give a darn. And just so you know, I've missed out on stuff in this game as well, but you don't hear me whining about it. I don't feel any great pull to have Nikolai I, Gremyaschy, Ark Beta, etc. in my fleet simply because I either missed my opportunity or wasn't interested even when I could get them. Also, the variant thing about the MMC flag was because we haven't had a Military Contribution Month since the original one, so it would have to be awarded for something else, as I don't see that event returning out of the blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[KAPPA]
Members
1,339 posts
7,483 battles
23 hours ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

Don't act like your on a high horse because you have that MMC pice of junk cloth.

Stuff like that makes me think you're jealous. I assume that's not your intention, but good grief you sure are making it seem like you are.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[IJAG]
Members
187 posts
14,635 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Stuff like that makes me think you're jealous. I assume that's not your intention, but good grief you sure are making it seem like you are.

Whatever I'm done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[G0ATS]
Members
10 posts
6,535 battles

Great White Fleet

 

image.png.e1284df23e12408d00e6112a21e7a14f.png
Starts: Fri. Feb. 21 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Fri. Feb. 21 6:00 PM
Ends: Mon. Feb. 24 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Feb. 24 6:00 PM

On February 22, we're celebrating the end of the round-the-world journey of the Great White Fleet—a unique expedition of two battleship groups of the U.S. Navy that was completed between 1907 and 1909.

Click the "Participate" button, join the celebration, and complete some combat missions which can grant you valuable rewards!

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

 

I assume the 'something went wrong' is not correct.

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
10 posts
7 battles

Such a great event that i can't even op in, Why the f do i need to go out of my way to op into content when every one should get access to it right away....... wargaming logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[G0ATS]
Members
10 posts
6,535 battles
On 2/25/2020 at 1:02 AM, TankOrBust said:

Great White Fleet

 

image.png.e1284df23e12408d00e6112a21e7a14f.png
Starts: Fri. Feb. 21 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Fri. Feb. 21 6:00 PM
Ends: Mon. Feb. 24 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Feb. 24 6:00 PM

On February 22, we're celebrating the end of the round-the-world journey of the Great White Fleet—a unique expedition of two battleship groups of the U.S. Navy that was completed between 1907 and 1909.

Click the "Participate" button, join the celebration, and complete some combat missions which can grant you valuable rewards!

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

 

I assume the 'something went wrong' is not correct.

 

image.png

Guys,

 

I still cannot participate ; the button 'Participate' shows up for a very brief moment and then disappears and changes to the above red error text.

 

I tried with both Chrome and Firefox so it isn't just a browser problem. Turned Adblock off as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[G0ATS]
Members
10 posts
6,535 battles

Ah never mind, the event has already finished.

 

It would have been nice to show a more friendly error message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×