You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
timinindiana

What is going on

48 comments in this topic

[AOI]
Members
260 posts
14,007 battles

For the first time since I have been playing WOW I am really contemplating removing the game from my computer  for a  while..I have 11k battles and almost 4 years on wow..I am not near the best player but finish about 85% of my games in the top 5 spots in my teams battle results and Its very rare for me to finish a game near the bottom in battle results..I have a 53% W/L record and I have been happy  to win half my games over the years 53% W/L record is a decent return for a player who does only random games and play most games at tier 4 through 8

With that being said over the past 3 or 4 months I have been losing 90% to 95% of my games consistently and WOW has become a major source of frustration for me due to losing all the time..I posted below some pictures where this week I played 27 games and lost 24 of them that equals about a 8% win record..I do not mind losing games however like anyone else no one wants to lose all the time..That is no fun for anyone..

I am not sure how any player let alone a seasoned player can lose 90% of their games over a 3 or 4 month period..Even statistically this should never occur to such a severity as I have experienced..I hate to say it because I have really enjoyed this game over the years but WOW has become a frustrating game that is no longer entertaining for me...

I am not sure how losing so much is even statistically possible for a veteran player like me.. I will hold placing blame on any given part of the game.. I just hope something changes soon or I will have to go to port for a long time...Anyone else have input on this I am all ears at this point..

I will continue to post to this topic in the next few weeks and we will see what happens...

shot-20.02.19_23.53.29-0255.jpg

shot-20.02.17_23.29.14-0482r.jpg

shot-20.02.18_01.34.39-027r.jpg

shot-20.02.19_00.22.04-0833r.jpg

shot-20.02.19_23.03.40-0867r.jpg

Edited by timinindiana
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Advanced issue found

✌

12 minutes ago, timinindiana said:

<snip> I am not near the best player but finish about 85% of my games in the top 5 spots in my teams battle results <snip>

Is that statistic actually tracked anywhere?

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,073 posts
36,080 battles
31 minutes ago, timinindiana said:

For the first time since I have been playing WOW I am really contemplating removing the game from my computer  for a  while..I have 11k battles and almost 4 years on wow..I am not near the best player but finish about 85% of my games in the top 5 spots in my teams battle results and Its very rare for me to finish a game near the bottom in battle results..I have a 53% W/L record and I have been happy  to win half my games over the years 53% W/L record is a decent return for a player who does only random games and play most games at tier 4 through 8

With that being said over the past 3 or 4 months I have been losing 90% to 95% of my games consistently and WOW has become a major source of frustration for me due to losing all the time..I posted below some pictures where this week I played 27 games and lost 24 of them that equals about a 8% win record..I do not mind losing games however like anyone else no one wants to lose all the time..That is no fun for anyone..

I am not sure how any player let alone a seasoned player can lose 90% of their games over a 3 or 4 month period..Even statistically this should never occur to such a severity as I have experienced..I hate to say it because I have really enjoyed this game over the years but WOW has become a frustrating game that is no longer entertaining for me...

I am not sure how losing so much is even statistically possible for a veteran player like me.. I will hold placing blame on any given part of the game.. I just hope something changes soon or I will have to go to port for a long time...Anyone else have input on this I am all ears at this point..

I will continue to post to this topic in the next few weeks and we will see what happens...

You are not the only one with this problem. It's why so many of us have curtailed play or switched to Coop. After months of frustration, I have pretty much decided to give up Randoms.

What happened was that the idiotic CV ReBork drove away 00s of the game's best players. Overall, the skills of the playerbase have declined and once a Random game goes bad now, it is almost impossible to rescue it. There is no longer a leaven of good players to carry, and the omnipresence of CVs means that the kind of ambush tactics necessary to salvage a losing match are far more difficult, since concealment for repositioning is not possible.

Thus, many of us are unable to improve our win rates more after years of steady improvement. I've been stuck at around 56.35% since Sept. After my last 7 Random matches in a row featured sub-50% CVs on my team, I've decided to switch entirely to Coop. I don't want to play with such selfish players any more. WG even rubbed salt in my wounds by taking away my favorite operation, Narai.

I don't spend money, either. I won't until the presence of Sky Parasites falls to its pre-ReBork level.

The devs suck.

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 13
  • Boring 2

Members
263 posts
2,843 battles
13 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Is that statistic actually tracked anywhere?

Don't think so. That said, it's not like the OP has bad stats or anything. If that statement is strictly true or not doesn't really matter to the issue being presented.

This just looks like a serious cold streak for the past few days. Can't really say anything about months. Could be recency bias. Could be frustration clouding overall impression. Could be really really bad luck. Could be bad play that's fueled by frustration or other factors.

It's pretty hard to tell what's going on without knowing what went on in each of the matches.

The OP has done well enough in the past and has enough experience that I just look at this thread and kind of say "I dunno, dude". It's not like we can offer standard "Hey, you're new and not doing so hot. Try these things that aren't obvious to new players that help." sort of advice here.

[B-Z]
Members
157 posts
22,058 battles

Some botes are harder to carry in.

Breaking free from a losing streak can be hard due to being demoralized.

Running some of you captains without concealment is only going to make it harder. Especially in a DD.

SuperTest Coordinator, Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
38 posts
207 battles

Sometimes I like to take a break and unwind when I get loosing streaks.

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts
4 hours ago, timinindiana said:

TBH I came he to post the same exact thing. every time. EVERY TIME. I go into Random it ends in a Defeat. There is NO WAY a MM is completely random. statistically speaking (regardless how terrible an individual player is) they would still have a 50/50 chance to be on a winning team, which is far from the case. For example, in one of my ships I played 22 battles, and only the 1st one was a win and the other 21 defeats. A lot of which were complete blowouts. like MY entire team sunk while reds lose like 2 maybe 3 ships at most. wth kind of MM is this???

BTW not saying the w/L should be 50/50 but if you are truly randomly placed on teams there should not be such extreme rate of losses. It's like continuously getting tails when you flip a coin. it should not happen this way.

OP I feel you. What started out as so much fun about a year ago turned into.... well..... tbh... i think i actually hate fkin game now, with passion. Fun? Whats that? only the repulsive grind and a sht load of frustration. some days i cant even force myself to do a second daily missions set.

Edited by RusskiySpy
  • Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,735 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

You are not the only one with this problem. It's why so many of us have curtailed play or switched to Coop. After months of frustration, I have pretty much decided to give up Randoms.

What happened was that the idiotic CV ReBork drove away 00s of the game's best players. Overall, the skills of the playerbase have declined and once a Random game goes bad now, it is almost impossible to rescue it. There is no longer a leaven of good players to carry, and the omnipresence of CVs means that the kind of ambush tactics necessary to salvage a losing match are far more difficult, since concealment for repositioning is not possible.

Thus, many of us are unable to improve our win rates more after years of steady improvement. I've been stuck at around 56.35% since Sept. After my last 7 Random matches in a row featured sub-50% CVs on my team, I've decided to switch entirely to Coop. I don't want to play with such selfish players any more. WG even rubbed salt in my wounds by taking away my favorite operation, Narai.

I don't spend money, either. I won't until the presence of Sky Parasites falls to its pre-ReBork level.

The devs suck.

It's got nothing to do with the CV rework. The passive play and low skill players in higher tiers has been steadily been getting worse since launch.

It's entirely because you can face-roll your keyboard and eventually get to teir 10, and still have skills that are sub-teir 1.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[INTEL]
Members
13,073 posts
36,080 battles
1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

It's got nothing to do with the CV rework. The passive play and low skill players in higher tiers has been steadily been getting worse since launch.

It's entirely because you can face-roll your keyboard and eventually get to teir 10, and still have skills that are sub-teir 1.

It dropped off a cliff after the ReWork.

• Cool 1

[WW2]
Members
354 posts
6,920 battles

I tend to only play ships that I find I can contribute into a win. If I find a ship that I loose in frequently I stop playing that ship. I've had a blast and have been steady in improving my wr. I find its mostly lack of aggressive play. I'm not afraid to die if it means I'll take out a couple ships with me.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts

Try submitting some replays for analysis. This will help you improve your gameplay and be able to carry more which can make things less streaky.

• Boring 1

Members
158 posts
8,292 battles

If a player has 11k matches and a 50% WR then it is likely that there is one 13 match losing streak in there somewhere. It is also likely tha there are about ten 10-match losing streaks. There may be and probably are other factors to consider (getting used to a new ship, nerfs/buffs and WG adjustments), but this basic math factors in there too. I just had a monster losing streak in my Tirpitz, losing 10-12 in a row. Although those few days really sucked and were annoying that streak went as quickly as it came. I write it off to math and probabilities.

Edited by Kenrod_Melrocity

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,554 battles

I sympathize strongly with the OP. As of late it has become increasingly hard to win. It's also hard to come back when 5 mins into a match all 3 of your dds are dead, your top tier bb is afk, and your cv is off trying to attack the enemy cv. And this is T10 !  How does a division of double Neptunes pop smoke and huddle up less than 2k from a cap and not notice its being taken? Do they not have mini maps? So you ping the cap trying to warn them but they sit there doing God knows what. Some moments later enemy Yugumo bags himself a double kill double dev strike....how...just.. sigh.

Edited by giovybez

[RKLES]
Members
808 posts

My advice to you is, don't care about stats

They don't mean a whole lot and you will enjoy the game a lot more without looking at them.

• Cool 4

Members
337 posts
1,113 battles

Most of the time I just care about having fun instead of winning. That’s a great way to be more satisfied.

[SALVO]
Members
2,025 posts
6,200 battles
10 hours ago, timinindiana said:

I will continue to post to this topic in the next few weeks and we will see what happens..

Well read the next part if you don't mind other digging through your numbers. 

Spoiler

So took a quick look.  

1. You don't seem to be playing as consistently as before.  So rust could be creeping in.  For myself I know I need to play a certain number of games per week to try and keep at it.

2. It looks like your win loss rates are highly ship dependend.  For example your Fiji play is pretty solid all throughout and still has great stats even recently.  While Colorado is a new ship  for you that you have only played in recent times when you had more downtime in the game. Also Italian mid tier cruisers are not that powerful a ship so they drag you down too. 

3. Like i said you are playing some new ships and lines like the italians at mid tier that aren't so great.  

4. Match making  changed in the early winter / late fall.  basically T8 is not getting uptiered as much. This does mean the mid tiers see more T8s nd 9s in their games. 

5. Maybe just some plain old bad luck is mixed in there too. 

6. With you having less time to play maybe there is something going on IRL that predesposes  or increases your chances to "tilt" in game when things are not going right ? 

Anyway it might be those things or a combination of them.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,117 posts
8,332 battles
31 minutes ago, JEFFREY_LEI said:

Most of the time I just care about having fun instead of winning. That’s a great way to be more satisfied.

Exactly. I have fun based on how well I do, winning being a positive modifier to that fun.

I've never understood how people who don't have fun when they lose can play a game where they're guaranteed to lose 40-60% of the time.

It reminds me of compulsive slot machine gambling lol.

[REKTD]
Members
237 posts
9,612 battles

I feel like this often. From the OP post pics, most of the different tricks I do the OP has tried. I think sometimes when on a losing streak one tends to “try too hard” and gets out of their normal skill set. 

Recommendations:

Go to your best ships in each class.

Pay attention to what is in the queue at each tier too. While CVs ruin the rock/paper/scissors concept, pick the class that is best suited to counter the over-represented class in the queue. That is where you will find the most potatoes and hence a “target rich” environment.

Also, bad DD play is a huge cause for lost matches. Usually the last team with DDs wins, so when on a losing streak I often can end it by playing DD, so long as I can play better than the fools that are currently on. This is really sad, because I am not that skilled at DD, but have definitely been able to end streaks of losing by doing this and the above.

Lastly, I also stepped away from the game until I wanted to play it again, and I have actually been a much better player since.

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts

WG after rushing everyone ($$$$$$)  to T-10 instead of making them work for it and learn the game.

money.gif

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[AOI]
Members
260 posts
14,007 battles
On 2/20/2020 at 1:29 AM, Enpra said:

Don't think so. That said, it's not like the OP has bad stats or anything. If that statement is strictly true or not doesn't really matter to the issue being presented.

This just looks like a serious cold streak for the past few days. Can't really say anything about months. Could be recency bias. Could be frustration clouding overall impression. Could be really really bad luck. Could be bad play that's fueled by frustration or other factors.

It's pretty hard to tell what's going on without knowing what went on in each of the matches.

The OP has done well enough in the past and has enough experience that I just look at this thread and kind of say "I dunno, dude". It's not like we can offer standard "Hey, you're new and not doing so hot. Try these things that aren't obvious to new players that help." sort of advice here.

Posted for a few reasons..Just to get some feedback on the subject..I also needed to rant due to frustration..I do get short lived win streaks like 4 or 5 games then back to losing most of my games over a few days...I am only holding on to a 53% W/L record because I have played so many games and even at my current losing rate it will take a while to effect my overall win rate I have...Over the past 4 years winning and losing streaks happened and between those streaks I would get a few wins and a few losses always in random order but at a pretty even manner over a period of time but I never seen losing streaks any where near the severity I have experienced  over the past 3 or 4 months..

[AOI]
Members
260 posts
14,007 battles
On 2/20/2020 at 11:29 AM, SuperComm4 said:

I feel like this often. From the OP post pics, most of the different tricks I do the OP has tried. I think sometimes when on a losing streak one tends to “try too hard” and gets out of their normal skill set. 

Recommendations:

Go to your best ships in each class.

Pay attention to what is in the queue at each tier too. While CVs ruin the rock/paper/scissors concept, pick the class that is best suited to counter the over-represented class in the queue. That is where you will find the most potatoes and hence a “target rich” environment.

Also, bad DD play is a huge cause for lost matches. Usually the last team with DDs wins, so when on a losing streak I often can end it by playing DD, so long as I can play better than the fools that are currently on. This is really sad, because I am not that skilled at DD, but have definitely been able to end streaks of losing by doing this and the above.

Lastly, I also stepped away from the game until I wanted to play it again, and I have actually been a much better player since.

Thanks for advice..Spring and summer is coming so my game time will drop off by 75%..I also play halo and over watch but wow is my goto multiplayer game due the pace of the game and my fascination with world war two era ships..Anyways thanks for the words,,,

[4HIM]
Members
3,031 posts
12,666 battles
On 2/20/2020 at 6:19 AM, RipNuN2 said:

Try submitting some replays for analysis. This will help you improve your gameplay and be able to carry more which can make things less streaky. 

Use the best cover

Members
119 posts
5,077 battles
On 2/20/2020 at 7:49 AM, Learux said:

My advice to you is, don't care about stats

They don't mean a whole lot and you will enjoy the game a lot more without looking at them.

agreed, but that's not human nature.