You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JohnPJones

would you play WoWS 2?

56 comments in this topic

Members
2,982 posts
6,734 battles

If they made it, and it was 5 tiers spanish american war- 1910, and 5 tiers 1950-1970?

or how about two separate expansions for purely predread era, and purely early-mid cold war?

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles

2viv5d.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles

Pre-dreadnoughts for sure. But playing Russian fantasy boats with Stalinium missiles after 1970, no thanks. It be Russian bias, squared.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,947 posts
36,731 battles

Little data is known on technology past 1950 except what the governments of most of these countries allow to be made public.

In one console game, the developers went with defense contractor brochures and "guessed" the specs.

Most brochures used the tilda symbol to abiguate the numbers. ~

In every case, for that developer, there was still little known about Warsaw pact weapons. Even ships sold to other countries had vanilla grade equipment to prevent the west from speculation.

The US Navy and NATO did this too.

It would all be speculation on any nation represented. Not one of them is stupid enough to give out such specs. And any specs divulged be it by accident or surveillance might be disinformation.

It's one way to keep everyone guessing. WG will never get an honest answer about any weapons outside their native country and we should not expect the same from the Russian federation. It only makes sense. Even WG can't get their own government to share that.

So unless we get a golden age of peace and everyone in the world gets along like a teddy bear picnic, such a game will be pure fiction.

You think Russian BBs are bad. Submarines in that era will never be balanced. Cruisers the same. CV aircraft would be insanely OP.

The big problem here is there was never a war to find out. But that is a good thing.

That era's weapons are too good.

If WG does develop this, it could take years. Many years.

Members
4,314 posts
4,585 battles

Makes me wonder if Wows II would focus on crew more and even allow devision mate take over some spots before battle. 

Maybe historical fleet formation with lots of players in those few ships.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,031 posts
11,611 battles

They would need to get this game sorted first - as is CV's still need a ton of work (buffs and nerfs), there screwing with IFHE and Armour in a way that's going to do more harm than good in 9.2 unless they abort that, which they likely won't because 9.1 they added an upgrade that basically makes torpedoes useless despite the fact anyone who's played IJN DD's can tell you the issues with on torps that have some speed, forget about anyone that has the ability to use a calculator for how bad it is on 'sea mines'. 

Members
565 posts
1 hour ago, Bereavement said:

Something from the 1600-1890 would be super fun.

Tasman war canoe versus East India trade ship mounted with the 'infected blanket' module upgrade.

• Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
10,676 posts
18,567 battles

No, because they will repeat the same errors and mistakes as the first WOWS...

Its not worth going through a second installment knowing its prior record on in game experience. 

No thank you...

0 posts

a pre Dreadnought era version might be fun, the tier 10 could include submarines and seaplane tenders.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Not if it's made by Lesta or Wargrinding, or any other Russian developer for that matter. I'd like to see WoWS 2 made by a western developer for a change, one that is not obsessed with oversaturating the game with tons of Soviet paper/fake ships.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles

I'll take 1860 to 1906, with the current Dreadnought as the British OP Tier 10 premium monster. 

8 hours ago, Wolcott said:

I'd like to see WoWS 2 made by a western developer for a change

I'd still like to see WG/Lesta do it because they don't give a damn about feels and they don't listen to entitled bullies with an overblown sense of "consumer rights".

• Confused 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,388 posts
9,813 battles
6 hours ago, JohnPJones said:

If they made it, and it was 5 tiers spanish american war- 1910, and 5 tiers 1950-1970?

or how about two separate expansions for purely predread era, and purely early-mid cold war?

Pre-dreadnoughts? In a New York minute. Especially if they fixed the ridiculous tank-based armor model.

Cold  War? Nah. Been there, done that, got the clap in Subic.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,921 posts
11,596 battles
7 hours ago, JohnPJones said:

i had this same idea, but instead it was a "Age of Sail" WOWS, and Pre-Dreadnaught era WOWS, the WOWS we have now, then Modern era WOWS,but the Modern era WOWS probably wouldnt have enough ships for a full game yet, and because most of those ship designs are more than likely classified as some of them are still used today

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
8 hours ago, JohnPJones said:

Nope. This is the last wargaming product I will ever interact with. Just like Mass Effect 3 was (and remains to be) the last EA Product I've ever interacted with.

[-F-]
Members
422 posts
20,976 battles
7 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Little data is known on technology past 1950 except what the governments of most of these countries allow to be made public.

In one console game, the developers went with defense contractor brochures and "guessed" the specs.

Most brochures used the tilda symbol to abiguate the numbers. ~

In every case, for that developer, there was still little known about Warsaw pact weapons. Even ships sold to other countries had vanilla grade equipment to prevent the west from speculation.

The US Navy and NATO did this too.

It would all be speculation on any nation represented. Not one of them is stupid enough to give out such specs. And any specs divulged be it by accident or surveillance might be disinformation.

It's one way to keep everyone guessing. WG will never get an honest answer about any weapons outside their native country and we should not expect the same from the Russian federation. It only makes sense. Even WG can't get their own government to share that.

So unless we get a golden age of peace and everyone in the world gets along like a teddy bear picnic, such a game will be pure fiction.

You think Russian BBs are bad. Submarines in that era will never be balanced. Cruisers the same. CV aircraft would be insanely OP.

The big problem here is there was never a war to find out. But that is a good thing.

That era's weapons are too good.

If WG does develop this, it could take years. Many years.

Don't forget that the CIA hauled in Tom Clancy after he published Hunt for Red October because the systems that he envisioned were too close to the real thing. 

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
393 posts
11,062 battles

No I won't play any ship game with guided missiles.

I wanted a WW1/2 game with guns only. I'm not too happy with guided torpedoes from subs. They should make them non guided and do like 24k to 30k a hit. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

Both eras saw a huge change in naval warfare. The HMS Dreadnought made all previous capital ships obsolete in 1906. Missiles & electronic warfare was rapidly advancing in the Cold War era.

With the exception of air power, from the Dreadnought until towards the end of WW2 most advancements in warships were refining existing technology. This makes balancing surface ships of this era easier.

The state of the CV in this game clearly shows how balancing existing ships with revolutionary advancements in naval warship is extremely difficult, if not impossible.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts

No.

I'm not getting "invested" in any more games, especially not from WG.

0.9.2 makes it clear that getting "invested" in WOWS was a mistake, I should have learned my lesson from WOT.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,127 posts
7,992 battles

I would certainly be very interested....but ultimately it depends on how good the gameplay was. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,640 posts
5,000 battles
11 hours ago, JohnPJones said:

Predreadnought era, maybe, would depend on how it played.  Post war era, not a chance.