Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sgt_shid

adimiral pack london.$49.99

15 comments in this topic

[RNGOD]
Members
2 posts
1,725 battles

do not waste your money on the London v11 London pack..most waste of money I have ever spent !! the pathetic ship is slow and I mean SLOW , slow to arm ,2 mins for torpedo's , about the same for guns ..armor sucks !! don't buy

• Funny 3

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,210 posts
9,340 battles
7 minutes ago, sgt_shid said:

do not waste your money on the London v11 London pack..most waste of money I have ever spent !! the pathetic ship is slow and I mean SLOW , slow to arm ,2 mins for torpedo's , about the same for guns ..armor sucks !! don't buy

You bought a six tier heavy cruiser for its torpedoes? :cap_hmm:

Also, London is excellent for kiting the enemy force on a weak flank.

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,376 battles
29 minutes ago, sgt_shid said:

So WG hid the stats on the ship so I can't see how fast the reload for the guns and torpedoes are??  They hid the speed of the ship!?!?  

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles
49 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

So WG hid the stats on the ship so I can't see how fast the reload for the guns and torpedoes are??  They hid the speed of the ship!?!?  

Reading the wiki is OP. So apparently is research before buying.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,776 posts
25,829 battles

I've found the London to be quite a nice ship.   Its guns are ok, though short ranged.  The AP is nothing special, but mildly useful.  But her HE is pretty strong.  You have to really pay attention to the mini-map and look for good targets of opportunity within your range.  And while you don't have high arcing shells, what you can do is try to work around islands and try to always have an island nearby that you can use to block line of sight and line of fire if things start looking dangerous.

Her torps are usable at 8 km.  But it's really dumb to hang your hat on any premium cruiser's torpedoes, for crying out loud.

I had some good games in the Aegis operation, though I generally the Pensacola better for that op.  Still, because of the London's rather trollish armor, I was regularly able to charge that pair of IJN BBs (a Kongo and an Ishizuchi) and get torpedoes into both of them, while I was firing HE all the way in, to try to get them to burn their DCP, so that when I landed some torps and got flooding hits, the floods would run a good long time.

Not sure how the London will work out in other operations.  I imagine that it'll do just fine in Killer Whale.

As for randoms, never forget that you have smoke!  And always angle your armor.  It may not do much against 16" guns, but when top or mid tier and facing somewhat smaller BB guns, her trollish armor can do what most CA's can't, and that's keep you alive.

The London really isn't a long range kiter for the pretty simple reason that she doesn't have the gun range to do it.  Instead, the London is more of a mid-range opportunist.  Work the terrain.  Pop off some shots at enemies that aren't looking at you, preferably looking in the opposite direction.  And then break contact using those islands when the enemy starts looking at you.

I think that the London is a pretty good tier 6 premium CA, but is probably not easily handled by less experienced players, who may find a long ranged, run and gun kiter easier to use.

[R-F]
Members
134 posts
9,009 battles
2 hours ago, sgt_shid said:

Your highest tier in any tech tree is tier 3, yet you decided buying a tier 6 premium was a good idea. 

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Just gonna get it for free from directives, never have high expectations for a ship they give out for free. Really should do some research before purchasing ships (or anything).

• Cool 2

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,376 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Reading the wiki is OP. So apparently is research before buying.

Couldn't help myself. So many people complain about premium ships that they don't bother to research at all before they buy.  I have no sympathy for them.

[USCC2]
Members
6,051 posts

I bought the cheaper London pack and find her to be good.

She will have cost me about $4 when I win her via the directives and her additional 10 daily tokens will get me past the points needed for the Brit Capt Cunningham too.

I'm happy with the ship and what I believe is value for my money. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

0 posts

this Op is an example of why newer players should avoid premiums which cost more than 10$/tier 5. 

[CO-OP]
Members
1,476 posts
24,657 battles

Sorry to harp on the same topic, but yes you really should restrict the tier of the premiums that you buy to the highest tier you have in your port. The gameplay at higher tiers is very different to what you encounter in T1-3. Also applies to COOP where the bots are less dumb at T4 and decreasingly so above that.

[NUWES]
Members
3,130 posts
10,666 battles

It's not a stupendous ship but it is perfectly adequate at T6. It's actually better than most. It's speed is not that slow, its handling is better than some, worse than others, it has good firepower for its tier (surprisingly lousy pen on its AP though), and it's also one of the few T6 cruisers with a heal. That is huge and adds a lot of durability at a tier where BBs can pen you every way from Sunday. It also has a  smoke and decent concealment for a CA. Its biggest downside is truly terrible gun range but the smoke and concealment make it manageable. 

My biggest issue with London is why they chose London as the premium. It's a minor thing but London was really best known for a horrifically botched refit that kept her out of a good chunk of the war. She did participate but she did way less than her sisters. One of the other members of her subclass (Devonshire, Sussex or Shropshire) historically would have been better. It is possible though that they are saving Shropshire for use as a commonwealth ship. 

Members
3,081 posts
6,604 battles
1 hour ago, Tzarevitch said:

It's not a stupendous ship but it is perfectly adequate at T6. It's actually better than most. It's speed is not that slow, its handling is better than some, worse than others, it has good firepower for its tier (surprisingly lousy pen on its AP though), and it's also one of the few T6 cruisers with a heal. That is huge and adds a lot of durability at a tier where BBs can pen you every way from Sunday. It also has a  smoke and decent concealment for a CA. Its biggest downside is truly terrible gun range but the smoke and concealment make it manageable. 

This. I actually enjoy London. It's a good ship. It's not a great ship, in the sense that it's not as OP as, say, Thunderer or Smolensk, but it's a good ship with no hugely glaring weaknesses or strengths. With as many gimmicky ships as we have had, it's nice to have a few all-rounders. I really enjoy her in Aegis and Killer Whale, and I suspect she's good in Raptor Rescue, as well.

[36]
Members
452 posts
10,059 battles

You have almost 500 battles. Why are you buying T6 premiums? 

Get the Georgia, you fool!

• Funny 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,328 posts
31,741 battles

I'm going to get it when I finish the 4th directive.  I've reset RN CL about 4 times and just started my 5th today.  I really like the Leander and Fifi.  And also the Exeter.  I figure it'll be like a smoky Exeter.  I'll need a dedicated captain - probably have to use one of my Dunkirk guys - 'cause I really like the smoke screen buff.  I just don't see him being a good fit for the RN CA's or CL's 'cause I think he'll need IFHE and DE for London.  And DE is a waste in the CL and the smoke a waste on the CA.  But we'll see.

OP you need to get a few more games under your belt I think.  It takes me hundreds of games to get used to a new ship sometimes.

Edited by slokill_1

Sign in to follow this