You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RunningBear_83

Submarines?

12 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
2,199 posts
7,317 battles
5 minutes ago, RunningBear_83 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is IFHE?

IHFE is an acronym. I used to know what it meant, but now that it's been 'adjusted' for 'balance' have no clue, at least not in T9-10.

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles
10 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

IHFE is an acronym. I used to know what it meant

Inertia Fuse High Explosive, it gives additional armor pen to HE shells at the expense of fire chance.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,653 posts
16 minutes ago, RunningBear_83 said:

Inertial Fuse for High Explosive. I was in the artillery and this is a real thing. A point-detonating fuse explodes the round on impact. An inertial fuse explodes the round after a few microseconds, which allows the round to penetrate farther into some materials and structures before exploding. In WOWS, IFHE allows you to enhance your HE's ability to penetrate more hull thickness at the detriment of a reduced chance of setting fires. The rework of IFHE will nerf the fire chance even more so read up on it before choosing the skill after the patch.

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
21 minutes ago, RunningBear_83 said:

2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Inertia Fuse High Explosive, it gives additional armor pen to HE shells at the expense of fire chance.

Indeed - it’s a 4 point captain skill commonly used on light cruisers and low calibre DDs. 

Members
3 posts
3,135 battles

the last testing took place on December 19 for the submarines and  they stated if they think they need more testing then they would go too stage 4 testing but nothing has been said.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,653 posts
Just now, UltimateNewbie said:

Indeed - it’s a 4 point captain skill commonly used on light cruisers and low calibre DDs. 

Secondary spec'd ships also can take advantage of IFHE. I have it on my Massachusetts and it works well (I've tested this in the Training Room).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
29 minutes ago, Boatswaimate3rdclass said:

the last testing took place on December 19 for the submarines and  they stated if they think they need more testing then they would go too stage 4 testing but nothing has been said.

That test was not well received so I think there will be more tests.

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Secondary spec'd ships also can take advantage of IFHE. I have it on my Massachusetts and it works well (I've tested this in the Training Room).

Good point. 

Still, most ships with solid secondaries may still prioritise survivability, so IFHE might not be common.