You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BarneyStyle

HE and fire chance is [edited] and needs to be nerfed.

26 comments in this topic

[R-F]
[R-F]
Members
705 posts
27,723 battles

I would ask where the bad boats set you on fire but since you block you're stats to be seen there is no way for me to assist you in this endeavor.

So in closing I will say it must be user error and "Get Gud" 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[--K--]
Members
1,342 posts
10,148 battles
2 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

I would ask where the bad boats set you on fire but since you block you're stats to be seen there is no way for me to assist you in this endeavor.

So in closing I will say it must be user error and "Get Gud" 

GIt GuD 

591E91D5-589D-4D3C-94AB-0DD3511D7E8E.jpeg

• Funny 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,584 posts
2,423 battles

Such an articulate and intelligent argument.  Your well thought out words have convinced me of the truth in your premise.  I salute your superior debate skills, sir.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,394 posts
14,161 battles

IFHE is changing which will make it a real choice for CL's (6" guns) and up on do you want more damage or do you want fires.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,644 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

IFHE is changing which will make it a real choice for CL's (6" guns) and up on do you want more damage or do you want fires.

More fires....

Obviously that is the direction WG wants us to go....

Directive to set 20 fires in 1 match proves it....

Besides, it would give me great pleasure to insure OP continues to use his dam con on 1 fire......

Members
1,423 posts
7,116 battles
54 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Yup.

Toughen up!

Sadly if a DI did this today he would get in trouble. 

Edited by USMC2145

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,057 battles

OP doesn't know how to use consumables well. News at 10.

• Funny 1

[--K--]
Members
1,342 posts
10,148 battles
4 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

OP doesn't know how to use consumables well. News at 10.

What’re those? Oh the premium ones I buy, and the flags, and the captain skills? But the first round that hits me on every He salvo starts a fire...?  Ohhhhh 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,584 posts
2,423 battles
6 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

What’re those? Oh the premium ones I buy, and the flags, and the captain skills? But the first round that hits me on every He salvo starts a fire...?  Ohhhhh 

Man, I wish my CLs had RNG that good.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,733 posts
21,460 battles
2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Toughen up!

True dat...

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
809 posts

For those just piling on about not wanting change and git gud, are probably running those self same ships that ARE HE spammers.  Fire damage has had such power creep that it seriously needs a flooding rework.  It literally is driving players away and causing people to not enjoy the game.  Which ironically is something some use to [edited] about CV's which caused a rework and nerf due to DD complaints.  Yet when it comes to fire it must be defended to the end no matter the cost to the game.  When a mechanic is that broken and over powered it needs to be balanced again.  Think about it, you can dodge torps, and shoot down planes, but the HE spammers will never let you get away and can hunt someone who can't angle against it.  As well as more then likely can't run away from it.

More and more people are stating this and bringing this up.  WG should seriously look into this and check their numbers.

[WORX]
Members
10,603 posts
18,506 battles
  • More Fires
  • More AP spam
  • More Plane harassment

According to WG, we need to get gud for whats coming.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles

Wouldn't be as much of a problem if WG stopped pushing this higher and higher ROF trend on everything. Nerfing IFHE/ Fire won't address the root cause of it.

But they keep adding higher and higher ROF ships so we're stuck with it either way.

Edited by Vekta408

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,599 posts
3 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Toughen up!

When I was in Basic if a troop wasn't following orders he'd get his helmet knocked around. If he stuck his butt too high on a low crawl he'd get a boot in the back to remind him to stay lower. If he wasn't listening he'd get a verbal dressing down and then do twenty Army push-ups (that's 40 civilian pushups) to remind him to pay attention better. These "attitude adjustments" were not brutal, heck I got yelled at, grass drilled, and had the crap knocked out of me in high school football a lot more than I ever did in the Army, they were part of training to be a soldier.

Fast-forward a few decades and my cousin's boy came back wounded from his last tour in Afghanistan. Having fought for several years in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and having reached the rank of E-7, he thought he ought to apply for a training assignment so he could pass on what he'd learned. After a year he said that the Army removed him as a Drill Sergeant because he was making the girls cry when he yelled at them. I don't know what those girls thought they might encounter if captured by ISIS or the Taliban but I'd say that it would be a lot tougher than being yelled at. Now he teaches squad tactics to special forces soldiers from around the world and likes it a lot better.

[NKOTD]
Members
1,040 posts
9,706 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

IFHE is a captain skill.  Except for torpedo accel no other captain skill has a trade off like what's coming.

For comparison what if you took FP but you would take more direct pens.  As you say, make it a real choice... do you want to take less pen damage or do you want less fire damage... or what if when you take EM it lowers your rate of fire.... oh wait... we used to have that....Hhmmmm.... wonder why that went away...  well, nevermind, let's get back to playing World of Battleships...

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

*200+ hit game with only 5 fires, with DE and no IFHE*

Yeah... No, no I don't think so.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,394 posts
14,161 battles
2 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

IFHE is a captain skill.  Except for torpedo accel no other captain skill has a trade off like what's coming.

For comparison what if you took FP but you would take more direct pens.  As you say, make it a real choice... do you want to take less pen damage or do you want less fire damage... or what if when you take EM it lowers your rate of fire.... oh wait... we used to have that....Hhmmmm.... wonder why that went away...  well, nevermind, let's get back to playing World of Battleships...

IFHE is supposed to be a decision and not a no brainer and the original IFHE was a 33%  penalty but it was changed to the current -3/-1 which is too small.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,394 posts
14,161 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

*200+ hit game with only 5 fires, with DE and no IFHE*

Yeah... No, no I don't think so.

Fire is RNG.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Fire is RNG.

I am aware, however RNGesus has not favored me today and I'd rather not see numbers like that nerfed even further.

I must not have sacrificed enough tier 2s...

• Funny 1