You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Is WG "rushing" new ship lines?

50 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

"Rushing" is in quotes because I think everyone's definition of this could be very different.

I am surprised that European (or Swedish if you prefer that) DDs are coming into early access with the next update (0.9.2). After all, the UK heavy cruiser branch just got released in full with 0.9.1.

I think that 4 lines were released last year (UK CV, FR DD, VMF BB, RM CA). This would mean 1 ship line per 3 months. Which would mean 1 month EA, 1 month full release, 1 month break, etc.

What are your thoughts?

Does anyone keep track of time between Devblog announcement and time of release for past ship lines?

• Cool 5

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,626 battles

Yes.

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,039 battles

Yes.  All I can figure is it's part of their push to monetize more of the game.  Or maybe they're out of ideas on how to create content, so they think shoving out ship lines every couple of patches is the answer, I dunno.

Edited by Deviathan
  • Cool 3

[WOLF6]
Members
161 posts
7,560 battles

A new line every 2 patches with tons of premium ships thrown in there is a bit much, but I would rather complain about that, than a lack of new ships.

If they continue this new line every two patches thing, this year will be a bit crazy. 

• Cool 2

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

I just want to see what they'll do when they finally run out of ships. They have to eventually. Maybe that will force them to actually make new maps or content they can't immediately monetize?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
505 posts
10,114 battles
1 minute ago, Vector03 said:

I just want to see what they'll do when they finally run out of ships. They have to eventually. Maybe that will force them to actually make new maps or content they can't immediately monetize?

Minsk ship designing and building bureau will never run out of ideas, just create fantasy ships out of nothing 

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

It's all they have since they have given up the Mature MMO quality game it once was.....   Now, just arcade gimmicks and endless ships......it's all they are capable of doing.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Members
1,587 posts
25,037 battles
6 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

It's all they have since they have given up the Mature MMO quality game it once was.....   Now, just arcade gimmicks and endless ships......it's all they are capable of doing.

Yes.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
11 minutes ago, Primace said:

Minsk ship designing and building bureau will never run out of ideas, just create fantasy ships out of nothing 

Lel, sadly I know this to be true, coming from WoT. Given that game is still going somehow, this one is likely to be strung along at least as long or longer. Well hopefully they never mess with Coop too much...

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,871 battles
4 hours ago, Deviathan said:

Yes.  All I can figure is it's part of their push to monetize more of the game.  Or maybe they're out of ideas on how to create content, so they think shoving out ship lines every couple of patches is the answer, I dunno.

There definitely seems to be a hint of urgency and a whiff of desperation in the air :)

Could it be they're trying to minimax their own game before some deadline?

Perhaps a deadline in the form of a "Global Nerf" … aka SUBS! 

Wows will be forever divided between two epochs,

B.S.    "Before Subs" and … 

A.S.S.     "After SubS" :)

And Smells like Sulphur   

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF9]
Members
648 posts
18,812 battles

I agree.  It does feel to me like these lines are bring rushed.  I play BB / CA / CLs exclusively so I take the CV and DD lines off and I still feel the rush.  To me, it seems like there is not enough time to get to really know the ships that have just been released.  Plus, with my fleet growing at such a fast pace, when I do sit down to play, I am not playing the older ships as much as I use to.

[SIM]
Members
1,650 posts
2 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

"Rushing" is in quotes because I think everyone's definition of this could be very different.

I am surprised that European (or Swedish if you prefer that) DDs are coming into early access with the next update (0.9.2). After all, the UK heavy cruiser branch just got released in full with 0.9.1.

I think that 4 lines were released last year (UK CV, FR DD, VMF BB, RM CA). This would mean 1 ship line per 3 months. Which would mean 1 month EA, 1 month full release, 1 month break, etc.

What are your thoughts?

Does anyone keep track of time between Devblog announcement and time of release for past ship lines?

Way too many ship lines being thrown into the mix now.

Members
926 posts
10,190 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

Wows will be forever divided between two epochs - [edited] and [edited]

[edited] "Before Subs" and … 

[edited] "After SubS" :)

I think the A.S. time will be more B.S.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
2 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

What are your thoughts?

I think they're rushing content in general, and it shows.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,871 battles
2 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I think the A.S. time will be more B.S.

Oooo I shoulda used punctuation :)

Thx 

Either way ... it's stinky!

Edited by Commander_367

[REVY]
Members
6,686 posts
5,635 battles
4 hours ago, Vector03 said:

The game will be probably be dead before they ever come close.  So many real Battleships are missing in favor of Russian phantom Battleships.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,792 posts
24,440 battles
10 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I think they're rushing content in general, and it shows.

This ^^^

Slow down WG. 2 lines a year max with what lines are left. A new premium here and there in between.

What you should spend your time on for the foreseeable future is fixing what is already in game and adding more QOL stuff vs rushing to throw more ships at us as fast as you can.

How about a lot more maps, improved UI for port (like having a hide ship feature so ships we don't use can be moth balled and the carousel neatened up, demount all signals, assign primary crew, etc... so we don't need mods for it), new Campaigns and Scenarios, Achievements for Co-op, find out why your game crashes so often and fix it, etc...

Events with good prizes will keep people occupied in between line releases. They don't have to come at us non stop.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

0 posts

excepting the IKEA line, they are all short branch lines (UK CAs branch off at 5, VMF branch off at tier 8 (?)), in this respect, new tech tree ships every few months seems reasonable to me.

• Cool 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,026 posts
17,410 battles

WGs idea of more content is spamming more paper tech trees, my idea of more content is more things to do with existing ships.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
14 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Yes. They have accelerated considerably. Although on the flip side, the time between a premium ship being announced and said ship being released has decelerated, with exceptions to those attached to line release 'events' (as in the case of say London and the forthcoming Cheshire). But for example the Leone is still MIA, Indomitable was delayed almost a full year, ect.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

Members
367 posts
10,407 battles

Isn't the game technically still in a Beta State? I'm assuming their accelerating the addition of ship lines because they're running out of money/time to get to a 1.0 release.

[BS]
Members
1,978 posts
10,778 battles

Suprised you guys haven't figured it out. They have a zillion modelers and artists they need to keep busy and pay every 2 weeks. I doubt they make much profit with all that overhead on WOWS, the game doesn't have Tanks numbers.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,887 battles

Totaly.

Also uk heavy cruiser line was a big flop.

• Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
1,619 posts
9,730 battles

I think the IKEA line is a bit too soon on the heels of the RN CAs, but I'm not too worried about them rushing lines yet. 

The game needs to make money to stay alive, so premium ships need to keep coming out. Asking for them to slow down premium ship production is like asking the ocean to stop being wet. 

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

This ^^^

Slow down WG. 2 lines a year max with what lines are left. A new premium here and there in between.

What you should spend your time on for the foreseeable future is fixing what is already in game and adding more QOL stuff vs rushing to throw more ships at us as fast as you can.

How about a lot more maps, improved UI for port (like having a hide ship feature so ships we don't use can be moth balled and the carousel neatened up, demount all signals, assign primary crew, etc... so we don't need mods for it), new Campaigns and Scenarios, Achievements for Co-op, find out why your game crashes so often and fix it, etc...

Events with good prizes will keep people occupied in between line releases. They don't have to come at us non stop.

Spot on.....!

They don't have the staff to do this it seems because the "profits" aren't great enough !  I guess, they see it as a better pathway to get into the e-Sales supported young adult arcade market.   And, to be honest, there really is more money there then in the Mature audience, well crafted, high quality MMO this game started as......or, again, to be honest, tried to start as.

Most corporation's have high and great dreams when the start a MMO.  Big ideas quickly fade because they then realize that the costs of maps, campaigns, modes, scenarios and general play are just too difficult and to expansive to maintain the high quality efforts....  Even the simple things start to become nightmares because of the complexity of the "dynamic battlespaces" they created....  Add more content over a few years and it then is "upside down" in costing..... 

We are well there my friend and instead of talking to us, they made a decision at the cruiser line split to convert the game.........as, I might add, they have done before.....   Now, there is no where to go but down, into a kiddie FFA arcade that many will enjoy and more will pay for.......   That is the reality and even if they were honest with us, we couldn't afford the money they want to make in profits.....it would cease to be F2P and it's not really a good F2P anymore and getting worse......

Sorry, this game is in a Mature game cycle and that means it will "bottom out" and be reasonably viable until the staff at our host decides the money is better somewhere else and then, the game freezes with very little change.....  :fish_sleep:

• Boring 1