You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
fidelisetmorten

STOP charging us to play higher tiers

26 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
6,473 battles

I have heard your pathetic reasoning as to why we actually have to pay silver to play higher tiers.

I still don't comprehend why you can't come up with a different method so can still pad your pockets without screwing the people who are actually spending money.

I don't nor won't play any T8-10.  I will continue to address this on social media and the forums. 

Yes, I do spend $$.

No, i will not support your  reasoning to screw the people who do pay.

Battle on..

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 10
  • Boring 3

Members
9,159 posts
11,172 battles

You do realize the currency you're complaining about isn't real, right?

Just play T5-7, print credits. Rinse and repeat.

[WORX]
Members
10,595 posts
18,494 battles
2 hours ago, fidelisetmorten said:

I have heard your pathetic reasoning as to why we actually have to pay silver to play higher tiers.

I still don't comprehend why you can't come up with a different method so can still pad your pockets without screwing the people who are actually spending money.

I don't nor won't play any T8-10.  I will continue to address this on social media and the forums. 

Yes, I do spend $$.

No, i will not support your reasoning to screw the people who do pay. 

Battle on..

???????

tenor.gif

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,092 posts
18,904 battles

World of Warships is free to play, but not free to develop. Wargaming is a for-profit company, with millions of dollars of overhead to pay for. They have to monetize the game somehow, and - err - 'persuading' people to buy their actual product that they make money on (premium time, premium ships, permanent camouflage etc) is how they keep the lights on and the servers going.

• Cool 8
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,374 posts
15,768 battles

Yes, I do spend $$.

Battle on..

Be Warned GIF

• Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
707 posts
5,737 battles

Yes, I do spend $$.

Battle on..

If you have spent money, especially on premium time and permanent camouflages, and still can't make money back, sorry to say but... PEBCAK.

• Boring 1

Members
12 posts
6,473 battles

This isn't about the cost of purchasing "product".  I spend the $ for all the "overhead" etc.  I am a staunch advocate for profit.  Get over yourself.  This is not, let me repeat, NOT a adverse reaction to the making of money.  I GET it.  The fact that someone loses (yes, not real money, but it takes real money to obtain the fake) "credits, coins, tokens" whatever you want to label it but the fact that we grind to obtain "credits, coins, tokens" to have them taken away because we opt to play higher tiers is ridiculous.  Yes, sticking to T5-7 is certainly an option.  One of which I will practice  until a better system comes along. 

• Boring 4

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,211 battles

It's not just there to force you to pay. If it were affordable, do you realize how many people would play nothing but T10? Imagine what playing T8 and 9 would look like if that were the case!

Also, if you can't play T8 without premium time, you should probably work on your skill at the game before going up there anyways. It's not hard at all to make a profit in T8. It's T9 that's tricky.

[SALVO]
Members
24,770 posts
25,794 battles
38 minutes ago, fidelisetmorten said:

This isn't about the cost of purchasing "product".  I spend the $ for all the "overhead" etc.  I am a staunch advocate for profit.  Get over yourself.  This is not, let me repeat, NOT a adverse reaction to the making of money.  I GET it.  The fact that someone loses (yes, not real money, but it takes real money to obtain the fake) "credits, coins, tokens" whatever you want to label it but the fact that we grind to obtain "credits, coins, tokens" to have them taken away because we opt to play higher tiers is ridiculous.  Yes, sticking to T5-7 is certainly an option.  One of which I will practice  until a better system comes along. 

This is normal for WG's games, dude.  It's also done in World of Tanks.  It's their model for encouraging people to play all tiers.  Deal with it.  It's not going to change.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
572 posts
10,107 battles

I'm no Unicum, in fact I'm mediocre, but flags, various camos, and Tier 8, 9 and 10 premiums rake in the credits for me.  So if you are paying money, buy some tier 8/9 premiums equip them with flags/camos  and use them to finance your tech tree ships.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,211 battles
30 minutes ago, fidelisetmorten said:

I get it Shoggoth, but there has to be a better way for those of us who do spend the $, buy the premium ships, and support the game.

There is. Use premium ships. If one earns a T9 premium for free, those things don't really lose money. I've earned like 6 of the things, some even being T10, and the latter come with a T10 perma camo on top of costing less to take into battle.

Ships like Salem and Thunderer. Look in the armory.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,565 posts
9,751 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

There are plenty of opportunities for the Fleet to rearm and replenish their credits through Daily Combat Missions, Mission Directives, and Daily Rewards where credits can be earned and even saved.

While premium consumables are available for players to mount as well as signal flags in the Armory, you can still have profitable battles by performing well and assisting the team to a victory. Not only can you do this in Random battles, but doing well in Coop and Scenario missions can reap good credit return too.

We do have to earn a living and pay the bills to keep the lights on to keep the Fleet operating. While there are premium services and ships/items that are available, I think there is a lot of fun just by taking out your favorite ship(s) and joining the Fleet in battle!

Do well and help your team, and the benefits will speak for itself!

"In order to complete your objective, you always have to keep moving forward!" - Kurt Chew-Een Lee, U.S. Marine Corps

#semperfidelis

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
802 posts
7,152 battles

I'm a co-op main, and the only ships I lose credits on are my tier 10's (Smolensk being my one exception). Mainly because I don't have the perma camo's for them.

I don't have much of a problem earning credits T9 and below.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

[USCG]
Members
573 posts
19,893 battles

I highly recommend premium time over premium ships if you want to make silver. 

If you can’t make silver with premium time then you need to work on your game...

[LOU1]
Members
4,157 posts
11,965 battles

This is confusing because I rarely loose money playing Tier 10.  And, I have been playing mostly PvE for the last year.  I am sitting at 65M+ credits.

[SIM]
Members
1,650 posts
3 hours ago, Lert said:

World of Warships is free to play, but not free to develop. Wargaming is a for-profit company, with millions of dollars of overhead to pay for. They have to monetize the game somehow, and - err - 'persuading' people to buy their actual product that they make money on (premium time, premium ships, permanent camouflage etc) is how they keep the lights on and the servers going.

I agree but, WG is using the WRONG approach at generating revenue. Marketing department is dead wrong in their thought process.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 hours ago, LadyJess said:

I agree but, WG is using the WRONG approach at generating revenue. Marketing department is dead wrong in their thought process.

I some how get the feeling Wargaming’s got their marketing approach down rather well... :Smile_trollface:

889B777F-5598-4F9C-AA73-86D4C7FDC166.gif.6b1fcc5533404cff231609fb1a6fff42.gif

741B0359-B850-4E94-95A9-A844C8ED6240.thumb.jpeg.96633c49885cc613ef3a80979e3a0eec.jpeg

Jokes aside WG actually is far more reasonable in their greed levels than a good number of other gaming companies.

[REVY]
Members
6,676 posts
5,613 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Jokes aside WG actually is far more reasonable in their greed levels than a good number of other gaming companies.

Just how much was the "Free" Puerto Rico?  $236?  Whenever a company advertises "free" products to fleece their customers using misleading marketing, they've hit the bottom of the barrel.  When a company has to deceive to make their money, it's game over man.  Few gaming companies ever reach this low point and it's usually a sign their about to fold.

[LSD]
Members
92 posts
5,234 battles
6 hours ago, NK_33 said:

I'm no Unicum, in fact I'm mediocre, but flags, various camos, and Tier 8, 9 and 10 premiums rake in the credits for me.  So if you are paying money, buy some tier 8/9 premiums equip them with flags/camos  and use them to finance your tech tree ships.

all premium ships come stock with some of the best non-event camo you can get. as to premium consumables, I only use them on tier 9-10 (although if I ever get in to ranked or clan at a lower tier I'll likely use them there as well so I can function better to help the team). as to your earnings in battles it's a sad mathematical fact that for someone to be in the top 50% of earnings somebody else will have to be in the bottom 50%, depending on your play and RNGeezus there's a fair chance that might just be you

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
1,067 posts
18,587 battles

as for the above topic   the concept was good   how it was applied was wrong   ,each directive mission should of rewarded  shipbuilding tokens where every directive its self  should of been a booster as the top reward . they should of done something like this for  example London  or even Cheshire  . instead of trying to make us buy the boosters  with doubloons .

I personaly just wish they would stop changing the token type halfway through each event  and also  be given a choice  to join or opt out of an event  . I would of opted out  if I knowen the pay to rico was like this  . and if they bring  turbo beat ,wasteland and raid the filth back  I would rather have the option to opt out   of those events  but still beable to play the rest of the missions  as normal  insteading of being forced to play them just complete missions

Edited by Gaelic_knight

[SQUAD]
Members
78 posts
12,605 battles

I rarely loose silver at tier ten/nine/eight.  When I do it’s because I messed up.  Premium time is a big advantage, other than that drive to do well and learn from your mistakes and farm silver at any tier.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,250 posts
25,088 battles
12 hours ago, Lert said:

‘persuading'

lol

I suppose that’s a polite way of defining what’s going on.

[CIA]
Beta Testers
33 posts
4,118 battles
On 2/19/2020 at 5:15 PM, fidelisetmorten said:

I almost always make a profit at tier 10. if you are a slightly above average player, you will never lose silver in this game