You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Icthar

New Upgrades swapping question...

7 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Members
15 posts
5,553 battles

So the free upgrades end tonight (basically) and I was wondering if someone already did a post (or can answer) a general rule of thumb for what we should be swapping in and out.  Such as "for all Tier V and higher RN Cruisers, you should demount X and put in Y" etc. etc.

A week goes fast, there are a lot of ships, and it is a lot to sort through!  TIA

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
10 minutes ago, Icthar said:

So the free upgrades end tonight (basically) and I was wondering if someone already did a post (or can answer) a general rule of thumb for what we should be swapping in and out.  Such as "for all Tier V and higher RN Cruisers, you should demount X and put in Y" etc. etc.

A week goes fast, there are a lot of ships, and it is a lot to sort through!  TIA

Not that I know of, but I can take a swing at it.

Slot 1

Slot 2

Slot 3

Slot 4

Slot 5

Slot 6

Special Upgrades that cost coal

Not covering Unique Upgrades as they are all up for changes next patch.

• Cool 2

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,919 posts
15,335 battles

If you are dd player

If very obvious that the torp up is a must

If you bb player

then you have options

consumable - longer time - will benefit Brit

torp early detection

And it come down to how it fit in your play style, there will be no over all blanket 1 fit all.

Since it is free, you can test them all out by your self too

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
9 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

If you are dd player

If very obvious that the torp up is a must

Not necessarily. As a co-op main, I use IJN guns a lot as co-op games are short and torps don't always reload in time. In randoms, where they don't have the bot DD RADAR, then you would probably want TTM1. Now for French and RU DDs where the guns turn slower, you might want MBM2 to help your guns.

If you bb player

then you have options

consumable - longer time - will benefit Brit

torp early detection

Yeah, BBs can do without CSM1 in slot 5, but it can help in the early game to help you NOT be the first one spotted and focused.

And it come down to how it fit in your play style, there will be no over all blanket 1 fit all.

Since it is free, you can test them all out by your self too

Only free until 2am PST tomorrow, Thu, Feb 20th. After that, you either have to sell them or use dubs to demount them.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,893 battles

There are a lot of suggestions on how to employ upgrades and what upgrades to put in what ships, however, there is also something to be said, if you're a casual player, to read what the upgrade does and then employ those upgrades to how you play.

I say if you are a casual player, because if you are not, if you are in many of the competitive clans we have that play World of Warships I assure you, you WILL get opinions of "must-have" upgrades.

I know that is an extremely vague answer, but yeah.

Long story longer, check out some YouTube video's, read Little White Mouse's write-ups on ships and what she suggests (linked below), but trial and error is good as well.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
Members
88 posts
693 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Not covering Unique Upgrades as they are all up for changes next patch.

where can I read about these changes?

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
3 minutes ago, CelestialSwan said:

where can I read about these changes?

Haven't been released yet. The UUs are being balanced, so some may get buffed, or nerf'd or stay the same. The existing ones *might* change how they work to something completely different. We do not know yet what will happen.