You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Botcha

1 simple fix to CV's that might end the cancer talks

70 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
248 posts
12,755 battles

Just throwing this out there but what if CV Planes didn't spot ships to the point that they show up for surface ships to fire at directly...

Sure planes can spot ships but that shouldn't give surface ships a direct firing solution. 

Spot them and have them show up on the mini-map but it's up to the optics and detection systems of the surface ships in order to fire directly at them. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,371 posts
20,047 battles
Just now, Botcha said:

Just throwing this out there but what if CV Planes didn't spot ships to the point that they show up for surface ships to fire at directly...

Sure planes can spot ships but that shouldn't give surface ships a direct firing solution. 

Spot them and have them show up on the mini-map but it's up to the optics and detection systems of the surface ships in order to fire directly at them. 

No we can't do that what about the bad battleship player in the back that needs intelligence data?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 3

Members
158 posts
8,286 battles

I'm thinking a way to address the CV whining (I've never played a CV btw) might be to add incentives/awards or somehow adjust the game mechanics to encourage CVs to hunt and kill CVs on the other side as quickly as possible. It would almost be CV vs CV and everyone else vs everyone else match, at least until one side loses their CVs.

• Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
13 minutes ago, Botcha said:

just yesterday I said the same thing, and have said it 50 times over the past year. It is to simple a fix, and to smart to implement….

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
12 minutes ago, Botcha said:

The first aircraft used in battle, balloons, were observation aircraft. Why not just take sighting away from all ship types? 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
19 minutes ago, Botcha said:

So eliminate a source of teamwork? Im not for anything that removes teamwork.

[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts
10 minutes ago, The_Fire_Department said:

So eliminate a source of teamwork? Im not for anything that removes teamwork.

Excessive spotting is bad for the game, teamwork is no excess for that.

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
1,496 posts
50 battles

There are two issues with such an idea:

1. It removes the only element of teamplay CVs still have left, making them a pure griefer class which they arguably already are.

2. It doesn't actually solve much because the primary issue with CVs isn't their spotting capability, it's that they can attack, damage and kill anything, anytime and anywhere without the target being able to truly fight back. Spotting is just the icing on the cake as far as CV play is concerned.

• Confused 2
  • Boring 2

Members
477 posts
8,135 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

1. It removes the only element of teamplay CVs still have left, making them a pure griefer class which they arguably already are.

2. It doesn't actually solve much because the primary issue with CVs isn't their spotting capability, it's that they can attack, damage and kill anything, anytime and anywhere without the target being able to truly fight back. Spotting is just the icing on the cake as far as CV play is concerned.

Cake with no icing is still cake...

Edited by LastSamurai714

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,451 posts
6,507 battles

Nothing is going to remove the Anti-CV salt from this game... It's been here since the game launched and it will continue to be until it dies. 

Pew Pew players came to a Naval arcade game with CVs/planes and surface ships in it and decided they would like it better without CVs/planes,  so they'll keep burning bandwidth in some hopes they'll get their way.... Pretty clear they won't, but they are a dedicated lot.         

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
38 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The first aircraft used in battle, balloons, were observation aircraft. Why not just take sighting away from all ship types? 

sighting   ( which would be perfectly serviced through spotting on the minimap)  vs  fighters and bombers acting as gun directors as we have it now. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,488 battles
13 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Nothing is going to remove the Anti-CV salt from this game... It's been here since the game launched and it will continue to be until it dies. 

Pew Pew players came to a Naval arcade game with CVs/planes and surface ships in it and decided they would like it better without CVs/planes,  so they'll keep burning bandwidth in some hopes they'll get their way.... Pretty clear they won't, but they are a dedicated lot.         

either CV trolls spend lots of money on the game - I doubt that since Enterprise was pulled in order to appease the great loot crate gods.

OR

CVs were a really bad idea to be added to this game and WG knows it although one would think WG learned that already from how fun arty is to play against in World of Tanks.

Take your pick.

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Boring 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
54 minutes ago, Botcha said:

Instead of taking spotting for the team completely away I would rather see the range from the plane that a ship can target the enemy be reduced to for example 10 Km.

[Y0L0W]
Members
507 posts
16,723 battles

I just think the damage needs to be scaled back. CV's are good to prevent camping. They'll help add a dynamic that no other ship type can. The issue ends up being how overpowered they are in every aspect of the game. Spotting, damage, regen of squads, imune to fire and floods, the speed to the actual CV vehicle. There's really no ship class at this point that can counter a CV with all the AA nerfs. The CV spotting encourages team play. but there's not really much team play to counter it.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,888 battles
29 minutes ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Cake with no icing is still cake...

That's heresy!!! :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,888 battles
21 minutes ago, eviltane said:

sighting   ( which would be perfectly serviced through spotting on the minimap)  vs  fighters and bombers acting as gun directors as we have it now. 

Then remove it for ships spotting for other ships too.  If anything, it makes more sense that planes are spotting for ships rather than ships spotting for other ships.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

The remove it for ships spotting for other ships too.  If anything, it makes more sense that planes are spotting for ships rather than ships spotting for other ships.

Quite the good point and Works for me. 

Edited by eviltane

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
536 posts
8,906 battles

all the anti cv people will never be happy until they can be completly immune and have a i win buttion. Well nothing wg can do can fix that because of the interaction between surface and cv are. Its really just player vs npc because you have no real control of your aa guns. Which no matter how they try to tweek numbers will never be good for either side of the equition. Because when you start tweeking the numbers it either becomes too strong or too weak there is no in between cause of the whole player vs npc. You have no direct control as a surface ship so that makes the people feel there helpless against cvs. The only true way out of it is to allow people  the option to man there aa. But people keep complaining that ohh that too much to keep track of. Well like everything in this game you have to choice your poisan. If you feel that cv is more dangerous to you than the surface ship you switch to your aa guns to swat down the planes then switch back to guns. Or if you think the surface ship is more dangerous then you use your guns until you dont need to and switch to the aa to take out planes. In essence with this you will have 2 options with your aa. The first would be Auto aa which is as effecient as is now. or 2 you can go into manual mode and get more effeciant aa. This will make it more a player vs player for both parties.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
10,665 posts
18,555 battles

Would not say CVs are Cancer... I would say CVs are Corona Viruses...

You know in a CV=Corona Virus match...

• All DD's are going to die.
  • All other ship classes are not immune and they may die along with the DD..

The more Corona viruses you have in the match, the greater the chance of a pandemic.

The only cure in a Corona virus match is isolation... For eradication/cure, WG refuses to comply with the affected population.

It is what it is...

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
1 minute ago, usspaul3 said:

all the anti cv people will never be happy until they can be completly immune and have a i win buttion. Well nothing wg can do can fix that because of the interaction between surface and cv are. Its really just player vs npc because you have no real control of your aa guns. Which no matter how they try to tweek numbers will never be good for either side of the equition. Because when you start tweeking the numbers it either becomes too strong or too weak there is no in between cause of the whole player vs npc. You have no direct control as a surface ship so that makes the people feel there helpless against cvs. The only true way out of it is to allow people  the option to man there aa. But people keep complaining that ohh that too much to keep track of. Well like everything in this game you have to choice your poisan. If you feel that cv is more dangerous to you than the surface ship you switch to your aa guns to swat down the planes then switch back to guns. Or if you think the surface ship is more dangerous then you use your guns until you dont need to and switch to the aa to take out planes. In essence with this you will have 2 options with your aa. The first would be Auto aa which is as effecient as is now. or 2 you can go into manual mode and get more effeciant aa. This will make it more a player vs player for both parties.

At first I was just going to dismiss this as a block of text.   But as long as the manual AA can deliver on effectiveness I think I would like this. 

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
536 posts
8,906 battles
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

At first I was just going to dismiss this as a block of text.   But as long as the manual AA can deliver on effectiveness I think I would like this. 

how i see it in manual mode you would be in control of your flak cannons those you can aim them at the target. So if you have a cheeky cv player who is sway from side to side you can predict what his doing and launch your flak burst into his path. or you can burst fire and make walls that no matter how he dodges he runs into it.  Instead of what is now where it always spawns in a predetermaned postion.

Members
11 posts
98 battles
43 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I'd much rather be harrassed by one cv than focus fired by 3 to 5 ships and the cv.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,305 posts
25,241 battles
1 hour ago, Kenrod_Melrocity said:

I'm thinking a way to address the CV whining (I've never played a CV btw) might be to add incentives/awards or somehow adjust the game mechanics to encourage CVs to hunt and kill CVs on the other side as quickly as possible. It would almost be CV vs CV and everyone else vs everyone else match, at least until one side loses their CVs.

Never gonna happen.

For good or bad, one of the reasons for the CV rework was to prevent CV snipes, which would then let the winning CV run around the map unopposed.