Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

What is the lowest level subs

6 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,580 battles

I know WOW is bound and determine to bring subs to the game, ok a few questions?

what is the highest level I can play and not have to deal with them?

why is there a ship in the game that cannot be defended against by all ship's but one, does that mean the subs cannot attack anything but DD? So I would have to depend on just DD players to get subs? And does not give DD another target to score points on?

So I guess the first question pretty much is the needed answer to my  decision  of what ships I  need to concentrate on. hopefully level 5 will be free so I can attempt the daily missions at least. Just hate parking my 2 Mass they are my favorite ships.

Please no snide remarks I just would like to know if anyone has a tentative idea of the bottom level for subs please give me a idea

Edited by Chief_SeaDog
  • Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,135 posts
5,010 battles
11 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I just would like to know if anyone has a tentative idea of the bottom level for subs please give me a idea

I believe they skip tiers like CVs. At 6,8, and 10. 

As for counterplay, I'm slightly concerned too, but it does appear WG is taking a very slow and gradual approach so that they are balanced as best as possible. 

[SFBG]
Members
1,664 posts
9,580 battles

From the news release last summer...

Firstcomers

The submarine tree will be built the same way as the aircraft carrier tree: with submarines at even tiers only. The first researchable submarine will appear at Tier VI. This is in part because spreading ships between tiers allows us to balance them more easily within their respective match-making brackets, and in part to have a better differentiation between the initially implemented designs.

Germany, the Soviet Union, and the United States will be the first nations to enter testing. Japan will be next in line for introduction into the game.

ALSO:

Testing plans

The first step will come in the form of Closed Tests of the game process in order to evaluate the current concept and ensure the stability of test clients.

Then, Open Testing will take place. During this stage, you’ll be able to share your opinions with us and be among the first players to try out the new ship type in World of Warships. We’re planning several testing iterations during the second stage. It will be something like a Beta Test for the new type. Initially, only some of the players who submit their applications will be able to participate in the testing. Access will gradually be expanded and in time, everyone will be able to take part in the submarine trials.

After this comes the third stage. We’ll add submarines into the live client as a separate battle type, similar to Arms Race, Savage Battle, or Space Battle. The third stage will last several months. This will enable us to make the final touches and adjust the balance of the new type on the live server. When we're done with all these steps, we'll be able to decide on the final fate of submarines.

Edited by StrykerNC

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles

To avoid them at T6, the highest you can play is T4.

Enjoy those T2-T4 premiums.

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,580 battles

Nope if I can not do daily at least then the guess it will be GAME OVER for me. Oh well  it was fun the first three years. At least you wont have to put up with my Opinions, so that is a positive.

Edited by Chief_SeaDog
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this