Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

Battle Report: Ibuki - "Fools, Children, and Ships Named Ibuki"

3 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,671 posts
12,400 battles

Sometimes you play a game where you should have died multiple times, yet somehow it doesn't quite happen. Fate definitely intervenes on my behalf in this game aboard Tier IX Japanese cruiser Ibuki.

[PVE]
Members
4,262 posts
18,630 battles

The Ibuki is on of my favorite IJN ships......  With 19.2 guns and good torps, this is a ship where situational awareness and Location are required.....  And, I would have use HE on the Smolensk.  The Ibuki, for me, is a support vessel that excels in flanking raids......   She's is just like her sisters CA's: Swiss Army knives........no more nor no less.    BTW, your reticle choice would drive me crazy since I grew up in real life with the M-105D telescope and like ballistic reticle's for second, burst on target shots....less guessing because of the lines everywhere....  Nice video.

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,671 posts
12,400 battles
On 2/19/2020 at 9:59 AM, Asym_KS said:

The Ibuki is on of my favorite IJN ships......  With 19.2 guns and good torps, this is a ship where situational awareness and Location are required.....  And, I would have use HE on the Smolensk.  The Ibuki, for me, is a support vessel that excels in flanking raids......   She's is just like her sisters CA's: Swiss Army knives........no more nor no less.    BTW, your reticle choice would drive me crazy since I grew up in real life with the M-105D telescope and like ballistic reticle's for second, burst on target shots....less guessing because of the lines everywhere....  Nice video.

For me, too many lines clutters up my view.  Crosshairs are a very personal thing in Warships. =D

Re-grinding the IJN cruisers allowed me to re-discover Ibuki.  I despised her my first time through the line.  This time, she felt better.  Some of that is the benefit of a lot more experience playing the game than I had when I originally played her over four years ago, and some of that is the result of some nice quality-of-life buffs she's had over the years.  The overall buff the Japanese cruisers had to their accuracy in the past year was noticeable throughout the line, and really, REALLY benefited all of these ships.  They're a joy to play if you are confident in your aim.  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this