You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Developer Bulletin: Update 0.9.2

67 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,906 battles

The European Destroyers event; changes to the Inertia Fuse for HE Shells skill, as well as to cruiser and battleship plating; and other improvements.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers
59 posts
18,435 battles

Would I be correct in expecting we will get a free Captain skills reset period when this drops?  

• Cool 2

[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
1,899 posts
21,998 battles

Are you offering refunds for Colbert and Smolensk due to nerfing their armor to nothing?????

• Cool 5

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,779 posts
21,552 battles

What does this mean? How is this implemented??

Replacing Commanders or some modules, mastering or resetting skills, fitting or mounting camouflages which don't affect ship geometry, and mounting signals will now happen faster.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles

ARRRRRRGH!!! :fish_palm:

While I'm glad the New Year and infernal camos are going to be applicable to carriers now, I and probably most others who got these would probably have appreciated you guys doing this from the start.

Not that they aren't doing good work on the surface ships I've fitted them to, but still... if I'd known this change was coming, I would have held a couple of these camos back.

BTW, you need to give SERIOUS consideration to allowing a global free skills respec with 0.9.2. 

I tentatively approve of the manner of availability of early-access EU DD's. Full approval will depend on the economics of token acquisition. 

Will the event containers drop permanent camo, or temporary? Will the early-release ships come with camo?

3 minutes ago, Khafni said:

What does this mean? How is this implemented??

I'm guessing they've fixed some inherent lagginess in the UI.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,619 posts
8,610 battles

I guess I can hold off on getting the Helena until this is all worked out.

[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
1,899 posts
21,998 battles

Yes, still looks to be a huge nerf to American Light Cruisers.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,779 posts
21,552 battles
6 minutes ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

I can see where beefing up deck plating on cruisers might make it difficult for CL but the pen value goes from 1/6 (24mm on Helena) to 1/5 (30mm). If I remember right, 25mm of pen is needed to be most effective without IFHE.

Do you need IFHE with that pen value? Still not sure what is going to happen to IFHE but it looks like the points might be spent elsewhere.

[ARC]
Members
897 posts
10,476 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

I can see where beefing up deck plating on cruisers might make it difficult for CL but the pen value goes from 1/6 (24mm on Helena) to 1/5 (30mm). If I remember right, 25mm of pen is needed to be most effective without IFHE.

Do you need IFHE with that pen value? Still not sure what is going to happen to IFHE but it looks like the points might be spent elsewhere.

No. The 1/5 penetration rule will be for tier 8-10 ships only. Helena would have 25mm of penetration with the new rules.

Regarding IFHE, there is a note saying "The bonus applied to the armor-penetration capacity of HE shells depends on the ship's tier", where is the explanation to the effect of the skill in the corresponding tiers? Because I did not find it in this article.

Edited by hanesco
  • Cool 2

Members
74 posts
5,340 battles

So what is happening to Atlanta/Flint?

With all these changes you didn't mention Atlanta/Flint. What is happening to them as it looks like they're being flat out nerfed by this as nothing for USN 127 mm/38 for getting improved penetration and every other cruiser getting thicker armor means that Atlanta is getting crushed by a Nerf nuke and them specifically as a Premium which is already struggling due to the  brutal power creep going on.  Especially since IFHE nerf hit it unnecessarily hard due to it being a T7 (conveniently below the 30% threshold...) which is almost exclusively in T9 matches due to LOL MATCHMAKER

Edited by Zelinko
  • Cool 3

Members
1,624 posts
1 hour ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

Are you offering refunds for Colbert and Smolensk due to nerfing their armor to nothing?????

They should, I’m ready to use corresponding coal for anything else...

Members
1,624 posts
1 hour ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

Forced to shift to HE firing starter..,

Edited by loco_max
  • Cool 1

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
180 posts
11,826 battles

Does anyone see any benefit to the complex mess of plating changes, HE pen changes and nerfs to IFHE? 

It is unclear just what problem this is supposed to address.  Here's hoping that results from the Public Test will indicate that this deserves getting left out of this release.

• Cool 4

Members
131 posts
15,739 battles

Is WG gonna buff floodings, now that fires are gonna be nerfed? How long will we be able to have free Commander respecs, now that we have to decide if ifhe is worth it on every ship that has it?

Members
74 posts
5,340 battles
Just now, ShareholderProfit said:

Is WG offering refunds on destroyer's and cruisers?

Of course not! Only  threats of lawsuits from Australia or the EU will make them give a refund... in the form of Doubloons

[STRM]
Beta Testers
19 posts

If the skill is getting reworked, do we get a free re-spec on the captains that have it? I'm not looking forward to spending that much gold, I have the skill on a lot of my captains.

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
12 posts
13,420 battles

I sincerely hope they give a free Cpt. re-spec and full refund options for DD's/CL's and that this isn't just another Gold/Cash/XP grab. Changing a VERY popular skill like IFHE (which players ardently plan for) without FULL compensation is like buying a car for it's speed and having the manufacturer reprogram all the engines for fuel-economy (in which case the clients would have bought a different car). Though I can understand the purpose, value, programming rights and "keeping-it-new" aspects regarding these frequent/random/uncompensated  changes, they are akin to false-advertising, particularly if not compensated for. Case-in-point, I enjoy BB-brawling with secondary builds (a VERY poor-yet-fun choice in the current Kiting/HE-Fire-Spam meta) and the ONLY chance a Sec-Build BB had to spot/fight a DD was the increased Ship Detection/Torp Detect UPGRADE. Now, particularly at highr tiers, DD's and CL's with 10+km torps can Torp BB's with impunity providing they know how to play their ranges and CV's aren't spotting everything. Though I could demount the Upgrade's for free (sold them as it's useless now) I STILL had to BUY the "Concealment Sys Mod 1" upgrade... that additional cost to me/us of 2M Silver was NOT fair compensation for the random change and both changes only reinforced the kiting/HE-spam meta that so many hate the DesMoins/Conqueror for. It appears that Wargaming REALLY wants us to stay at Max-range and set eachother on fire repeatedly (French BB dispersion nerf, RN BB cit nerf, AP Overpen-always nerfs...etc and now these) which for brawlers like myself GREATLY diminishes enjoyment.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
5 hours ago, deadmeat2012 said:

Would I be correct in expecting we will get a free Captain skills reset period when this drops?  

I would not say you would be wrong. On the contrary I would feel it would be correct to expect a free skill reset period considering a change to a major skill for at least some ships is happening.

[CRF]
Members
713 posts
7,912 battles

And so it goes...the more tweaks WG puts into these Updates, the less interest I have in playing.  However, it does look like a positive change in the way loot boxes are sold - we shall see.

Now if I can only get Skyrim to work without having all the guards wandering around in their skivvies with no heads....

Edited by sonoasailor
  • Funny 1

Members
12 posts
3,114 battles

I did research light cruisers but without 19 point commanders it was difficult to play without IFHE skills.  I think this makes regular players able to use light cruisers and cause damage with the shells and still start fires.  Hopefully I will enjoy trying light cruisers now.  Even if armor is better for heavy cruisers the light cruisers should be able to cause damage finally without high point level captains.  I think World of Warships has a good idea with this move.  As a heavy cruiser player I do enjoy being able to fight off light cruisers potentially one on one now also.  Light cruisers should start running from those broadside AP shoot offs.  

Members
894 posts
3,947 battles
6 hours ago, deadmeat2012 said:

@Hapa_Fodder  This is a reasonable question, could you find out for us, please?

Personally, I cannot imagine this change, even if implemented in part, would not come with a free Capt. re-spec.  I would also hazard a guess that the window of opportunity will (like the upgrade demount), be very, very short.  Hopefully, some noble soul will announce it well in advance for us "occasional" players. 

Members
927 posts
10,247 battles

London Naval Treaty cruisers were not divided out by their armor thickness, only by their gun caliber.  One ship may be armed with 6" guns and called a CL, but the exact same hull armed with 8" guns will be called a CA.  In-game, Mogami has the option to mount 155mm or 203mm guns.  Does 203mm Mogami suddenly gain an increased armor thickness?

• Cool 1