You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThunderBirdCat

Anyone know historical precedence for orders to angle in

4 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
4,776 battles

Friend sent me this email:

'What's a tactical way to say "keep your nose pointed at the enemy"?

Currently, I have "maintain facing", but I'm not sure that's correct.'

Now, I've only heard "keep your nose pointed at the enemy" in World of Warships (yknow given how everyone loves to show their broadside), and being that such a necessity probably goes back to World War 1 and 2, does anyone know the historical precedence for such orders?

And is "maintain facing" a thing? It sounds like it is, but I feel like it's for marching, like "dress to the right and cover down"

[REVY]
Members
6,758 posts
5,688 battles
2 hours ago, ThunderBirdCat said:

Friend sent me this email:

'What's a tactical way to say "keep your nose pointed at the enemy"?

Currently, I have "maintain facing", but I'm not sure that's correct.'

Now, I've only heard "keep your nose pointed at the enemy" in World of Warships (yknow given how everyone loves to show their broadside), and being that such a necessity probably goes back to World War 1 and 2, does anyone know the historical precedence for such orders?

And is "maintain facing" a thing? It sounds like it is, but I feel like it's for marching, like "dress to the right and cover down"

The German order to start the "Death Ride of the Battlecruisers" at Jutland was "Ran an den feind" which effectively means "‘Charge the enemy.  Ram.  Ships denoted are to attack without regard to consequences’."

That'll keep your nose pointed at the enemy.