Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

The CV rework is just an excuse.

49 comments in this topic

Members
1,423 posts
7,116 battles

That's right the CV rework is just another excuse for players camping, hiding behind islands, refusing to engage, dying...etc. Before the rework there was a whole line of excuses players used.... the old CV, HE spam, CA being able to fire over islands, DD, torpedoes, invisible firing ships, smoke, fires, flooding..... the list goes on and on. Am i saying the CV rework is ok, not at all, but blaming the CV  rework for something that has been going on for a long time is just another excuse. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 5

[G-REB]
Members
134 posts

there should be 2 new stickies:  "i hate CVs" and 'i love CVs"

would really slow down the new topic traffic on the board

plus then we could all laugh at the 'i love cvs' people:cap_like:

• Cool 5

Members
430 posts
1 minute ago, USMC2145 said:

That's right the CV rework is just another excuse for players camping, hiding behind islands, refusing to engage, dying...etc. Before the rework there was a whole line of excuses players used.... the old CV, HE spam, CA being able to fire over islands, DD, torpedoes, invisible firing ships, smoke, fires, flooding..... the list goes on and on. Am i saying the CV rework is ok, not at all, but blaming the CV  rework for something that has been going on for a long time is just another excuse. 

I would like to find a reason to agrue with you on this, but sadly i can't.

[SALVO]
Members
1,974 posts
6,183 battles
12 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

There are many reasons for it. Like the increase in BBs that can overmatch cruisers.  CV rework is another one.  

[INTEL]
Members
13,047 posts
35,989 battles
20 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Nope. It's much worse now. The idiotic ReBork chased off 00s of good players, and many veterans like myself are playing less and less. The result is that matches, especially at the high tiers, are filled with awful players.

In the RTS days CVs were present in 1 and 4 matches, less at the high tiers -- you could actually play the game. Now there are CVs in almost every match, often 2 CVs on a side. If yours is garbage you can't push because he is not spotting the Reds. Last night I played four games in BBs. CV win rates were 34%, 34%, 45% and 49%, and in each match the other team had a CV that was over 55%. The result was that each match started the same way: we had no eyes and Red got all three caps to start. We actually carried one of those worthless parasites, but I lost the other three.

All those moron CVs had 000s of battles and had to know they suck. They simply dont care, and neither do the devs, who are happy when players are unhappy, I guess. Urgent action by the devs is needed, but at least we have great... emblems. 

Randoms is trash right now. I play a lot more coop...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
13 minutes ago, eviltane said:

There are many reasons for it. Like the increase in BBs that can overmatch cruisers.  CV rework is another one.  

BBs could almost always overmatch cruisers are they not supposed to be able to ?

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

There were always campers, but the actual "players" could still go out and do something in the game.  Now, if those players go out on their own, they get slaughtered.  So, the camping is much worst now than it was prior to CV rework.

Edited by Murcc
  • Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Its much worse now. For sure we always had players that play passive and camp in the back line, but we also had players that would like to move foward and play agressive. And CVs are great at punishing agressive plays, trying to sneak up near a cap? CV can spot and strike you. Trying to get a agressive positioning? CV can spot and strike you. Trying to push a flank? CV can spot and strike you. This happens becuase CVs can scout and strike anywhere on the map in seconds. And ships have no effective counter play to that. 

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
2 minutes ago, Murcc said:

There were always campers, but the actual "players" could still go out and do something in the game.  Now, if those players go out on their own, they get slaughtered.  So, the camping is much worst now than it was prior to CV rework.

So do you think there are more good CV players out there or just more CVs that are easier to play ?

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,337 posts
20,013 battles

Yeah that's another one on the list of reasons why this rework failed

With the rework the game for was going to be More Dynamic!  Nope even worse now.

Minimize the impact of bad  CV players versus good players!      Nope  The impact is still huge when one ship dictates the whole match well....

I could go on and on but better players have pointed out countless reasons for the failure but here we are still,  WG is happy with the rework:fish_palm:

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips
  • Cool 1

Members
973 posts

It would be interesting if WG added a no CV mode for a couple of weeks just to see what happens. Would players change or would the same stuff go on. I have seen tons of games with no CV and the players still camp and hide behind islands. 

Edited by SteelClaw

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,608 posts
30 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I single-salvo Dev Strike'd a full-health CV with my Massachusetts this morning. He had sent planes at me for five minutes without doing any real damage before I spotted him. I've gotten a Dev Strike with a CV once since the rework, and that was on a DD that detonated.

• Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,337 posts
20,013 battles
1 minute ago, SteelClaw said:

It would be interesting if WG added a no CV mode for a couple of weeks just to see what happens. Would players change or would the same stuff go on. I have seen tons of games with no CV and the players still camp and hide behind islands. 

Well it's was a  Meta shift all the way from last year and it's engrained it would take a while for the game to shift back to the dynamic mode again if ever again 

Members
1,423 posts
7,116 battles
Just now, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

Well it's was a  Meta shift all the way from last year and it's engrained it would take a while for the game to shift back to the dynamic mode again if ever again 

I agree, but could not hurt with a trial run. 

[WOLFG]
Members
28,933 posts
8,200 battles
41 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Biggest reason is that people are people.

Camping is an issue in pretty much every game where it's possible.

Members
430 posts

I have read these forums for years and one thing that is for sure>>>>>> NO MATTER what WG does players are going to find things to complain about and things to blame for their own poor gameplay. 

• Cool 3

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,337 posts
20,013 battles
1 minute ago, Venac said:

I have read these forums for years and one thing that is for sure>>>>>> NO MATTER what WG does players are going to find things to complain about and things to blame for their own poor gameplay. 

Yes 

[XXX]
Members
581 posts
1,532 battles
4 minutes ago, Venac said:

Agreed.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,608 posts
26 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

Yeah that's another one on the list of reasons why this rework failed

The month before the rework:

1 CV Higher Tier 599 15155

Currently:

1 CV Higher Tier 1538 36064

There has been a 138% increase in CV play at higher tiers since the rework. I'd say that the rework has been successful in increasing high-tier CV play. When playing a high-tier CV (which is mostly what I play) wait times are rarely more than a minute or two at most, which is another indicator of success.

As far as player numbers goes. There is absolutely no evidence of any mass exodus of players since the rework. In fact, there are more players in the last three months than in the three months before the rework.

Last 3 months average (NA) -- 9093

Three months prior to rework average (NA) -- 8012

But the aniti-CV crowd doesn't want to look at stats, stats might affect their opinions.

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wows/na/total

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,031 posts
12,710 battles
17 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

Wouldn't make a difference.

Camping behind an island is the last thing you should do against a CV. CV's have to play the long game now, they have the lowest DPM of all ships, but they get to use almost the entire match to do damage. So, shorten the match by getting up there and taking the caps.

Instead, people hide where only a CV can get them, then cry when the CV does exactly that.

• Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,337 posts
20,013 battles
14 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

I agree, but could not hurt with a trial run. 

Best thing they could do for the game today would be move the T4 to Co-Op only 

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,337 posts
20,013 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The month before the rework:

1 CV Higher Tier 599 15155

Currently:

1 CV Higher Tier 1538 36064

There has been a 138% increase in CV play at higher tiers since the rework. I'd say that the rework has been successful in increasing high-tier CV play. When playing a high-tier CV (which is mostly what I play) wait times are rarely more than a minute or two at most, which is another indicator of success.

As far as player numbers goes. There is absolutely no evidence of any mass exodus of players since the rework. In fact, there are more players in the last three months than in the three months before the rework.

Last 3 months average (NA) -- 9093

Three months prior to rework average (NA) -- 8012

But the aniti-CV crowd doesn't want to look at stats, stats might affect their opinions.

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wows/na/total

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

I did not say they weren't more popular it's very easy to use now of course more people are gonna flock to it that's the one thing WG was successful at

All the other their reasons for the rework was complete and total failure

[SALVO]
Members
1,974 posts
6,183 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

BBs could almost always overmatch cruisers are they not supposed to be able to ?

No. Before only yami could overmatch all cruiser  at T10.  Since then the number of Guns that can overmatch all cruiser bows has dramatically increased. For example Hindenburg used to be able bounce most BBs shells off her side playing.

47 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I single-salvo Dev Strike'd a full-health CV with my Massachusetts this morning. He had sent planes at me for five minutes without doing any real damage before I spotted him. I've gotten a Dev Strike with a CV once since the rework, and that was on a DD that detonated.

Thank you for that random meaningless example. 

37 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Biggest reason is that people are people.

Camping is an issue in pretty much every game where it's possible.

Sure if we have to assign a biggest reason I could agree with that one.

Edited by eviltane

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

So do you think there are more good CV players out there or just more CVs that are easier to play ?

I don't know if CVs are easier to play.  The players don't lose all their planes right away, so they are not out of play.  In the old RTS CV days, a poor player easily got deplaned by ships and fighters, and was useless for the rest of the game.  Now, that same player can continue to do something, even if not as good as someone else might be.

It doesn't take a good player to make it miserable for other players.  Even a poor quality CV player sending their planes to their imminent death will spot the ships they are headed into.  Those lit ships can then be shot at by the other players on the team.  However, a good player will avoid more flak and AA and last longer, so spotting becomes stronger.  This is the real strength of CVs, not the damage numbers.  Everyone focuses on the damage numbers and uses that as the measure of OP or not.  Just because both teams have access to the same ship, doesn't make it ok.  Everyone goes on about how OP the Smolensk is, but if both teams have access to it, doesn't it balance out.  NO!!!  It does not.  Same with CVs.  

• Cool 1

[BLEP]
Members
541 posts
11,492 battles

Being honest I think the amount of bad players playing random has driven more good players away from random than anything else. I know it drives me crazy, but I guess I am just a glutton for punishment.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this