Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

15 comments in this topic

[1813]
Members
335 posts
9,880 battles

Hi all, Does anyone know if WG announces sales on modules, Port Slots, cost of ships in credits, etc, etc?

I know that there is a cost drop once in a while and I have several ships that I have enough ship XPs to buy but I want to wait until the Port Slot is 150 Gold each

Right now I have 137 ships + 3 rentals for Clan Battles. Does anyone have info?

P.S. Right now I have an inventory of 630 000 Coal, 331 million Credits and 1 686 000 Free XP that I have farmed for the last 8-9 month (wish I could use Ship XPs for other ships and upgrades, I must have around 1.5 million Ship XPs)

So when the cost comes down I will go on a shopping spree. 

• Cool 1

Members
927 posts
10,255 battles

Every few months port slots have gone on 50% or sometimes even 75% off sale.  For the last few months, WG has been giving free port slots away for completing 3/9/20 of the daily mission chains each patch.

[WOLFC]
Members
489 posts
6,440 battles

I have yet to see a sale on the credit cost of ships, but if your clan maxes out the shipbuilding yard in their naval base, it gives you a blanket 15% off. As for the modules and port slots, I've seen one sale on modules, and the port slots go on sale every few months. As Mono said, daily missions and directive tasks have been giving them out lately as well.

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
Members
538 posts
4,171 battles

Me 3! I am anxiously awaiting something significant. I missed the last conversion thingy, just by a few hours.

By the time I figured out it was happening, it was over. Only because someone mentioned it in the forums did I even know what was going on. I started pricing my options and stuff, after playing a bit, came back and it was over. :)

So, hopefully I will be as prepared as a DD, waiting for torp reloads. I have 100k XP stranded on my Warspite atm. I had too sink her so many times for the PR directives, it hurt my heart. Another 26k stuck on my Nicholas. I sincerely hope they will have an event oriented to pay-in discounts. I am there. I have been thankful for the slots. I emptied out my FXP to open T4's across all the lines, with only 2 slots left. To be eligible for Daily, and Directive situations.

Edited by iamSamoth

[1984]
Members
4,135 posts
19,960 battles
1 hour ago, 3r22r said:

Hi all, Does anyone know if WG announces sales on modules, Port Slots, cost of ships in credits, etc, etc?

I know that there is a cost drop once in a while and I have several ships that I have enough ship XPs to buy but I want to wait until the Port Slot is 150 Gold each

P.S. Right now I have an inventory of 630 000 Coal, 331 million Credits and 1 686 000 Free XP that I have farmed for the last 8-9 month (wish I could use Ship XPs for other ships and upgrades, I must have around 1.5 million Ship XPs)

Pick more credits containers, they give out port slots once in a while.

[WOLFO]
Members
538 posts
4,171 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

no sh*t... did not know that tyvm!! I never really accept currency, a few times. Knowing a port slot could drop, that's outstanding. Consumables never seems to give much other than repairs. Camo's tends to lean heavy into sigs, and light on the paint, or exceptional quality ones, It would be nice to see rarer drops in the Consumables XP Containers. I've been getting disheartened with those options lately. Choosing instead for the bland, and predictable 'Resources'.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,227 posts
11,218 battles
1 hour ago, iamSamoth said:

Me 3! I am anxiously awaiting something significant. I missed the last conversion thingy, just by a few hours.

By the time I figured out it was happening, it was over. Only because someone mentioned it in the forums did I even know what was going on. I started pricing my options and stuff, after playing a bit, came back and it was over. :)

So, hopefully I will be as prepared as a DD, waiting for torp reloads. I have 100k XP stranded on my Warspite atm. I had too sink her so many times for the PR directives, it hurt my heart. Another 26k stuck on my Nicholas. I sincerely hope they will have an event oriented to pay-in discounts. I am there. I have been thankful for the slots. I emptied out my FXP to open T4's across all the lines, with only 2 slots left. To be eligible for Daily, and Directive situations.

There is no need to convert the xp. Doesn't hurt anything just sitting there. 

[WOLFO]
Members
538 posts
4,171 battles

doesn't hurt, but it can't help me either. thats hours of gameplay, just floundering.

[WOLFG]
Members
868 posts

I wouldn't spend money on port slots.  Complete your daily missions and that's three ports slots for free each month.  If you really want to spend your money, buy the 99 cent ship that comes with a port slot.  Delete the ship...whalla...a ports slot for 99 cents.  You can do this as many times as you want.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

[HINON]
Members
13,278 posts
24 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Delete the ship...whalla...a ports slot for 99 cents.  You can do this as many times as you want.

If you plan to repeat this,  dont sell the initial ship because if it is in port when you buy it again, you'll get some doubloons for a duplicate and still get the additional port slot.

[B-Z]
Members
157 posts
22,058 battles
26 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I wouldn't spend money on port slots.  Complete your daily missions and that's three ports slots for free each month.  If you really want to spend your money, buy the 99 cent ship that comes with a port slot.  Delete the ship...whalla...a ports slot for 99 cents.  You can do this as many times as you want.

But that's still around 250 doubloons worth though right?

[1813]
Members
335 posts
9,880 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Got 3 left, got 10 at 150 Gold the last time

By the way, my Salen has almost 1 Million Ship XP, Can I do anything with that?

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
3 hours ago, 3r22r said:

WG doesn't announce sales much ahead of time. I can't really guess when sales occur either except holidays perhaps. There were some holidays I expected sales, but found none.

Module sales happen occasionally (there was one around New Years I think), port slot sales occur more often, and tech-tree ship sales are getting very rare recently. From my memory, they happened a lot more 2 years ago than they do now (and on top of that, the recent Christmas/New Years tech-tree ship sale only applied to some ships). 

You can spend your coal and FXP when you like. There aren't coal discounts outside of the coal coupons that refresh on set dates. There has only been a FXP discount once (~2-3 years back) during which the Nelson was ~15% off. Given FXP inflation, I would expect FXP discounts to never happen again.

(All above are my observations over 4+ years and not facts.) 

14 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

There is literally no use for Elite XP (and will most likely not have a use in the future) unless you want to shell out doubloons to convert it to FXP. The rate is usually 1 doubloon -> 25 FXP, but there are times when its 1 doubloon -> 35 fxp. Personally, I don't think it's worth it at either of those rates.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,135 posts
19,960 battles
7 hours ago, 3r22r said:

Only thing you can do is pay dubloons to conver to free xp. If you choose to do this (i would never) do it only when on sale 1dub:35fxp

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
214 posts
10,754 battles

Sales occur typically occur during holidays and around anniversaries of historic events.  Some possible near term examples: St. Patricks day, Easter, Battle of Iwo Jima etc.

Abbye

Sign in to follow this