Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

Randoms have officially become Co-Op

31 comments in this topic

[KILL]
Members
943 posts
10,873 battles

Thanks Wging for this completely unengrossing game.   I truly felt like i was playing World of Warplanes Beta.

Spoiler

xvCSrgd.jpg

Spoiler

gGNJSBt.jpg

And not a single Dev Strike.

• Confused 2

[KILL]
Members
943 posts
10,873 battles

I tanked half the enemy team for half the match and got like the lowest score.  I feel really bad about that.

Edited by WES_HoundDog

[ARGSY]
Members
19,972 posts
14,258 battles
13 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Thanks Wging for this completely unengrossing game. 

This is the counter to those who whine about twenty minute camp-fests. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Members
3,097 posts
12,258 battles
13 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

I tanked half the enemy team for half the match and got like the lowest score.  I feel really bad about that.

With the pathetically low XP numbers across enemy team, and equally feeble potential damage you are showing, it does not look like you tanked all that much.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

Are you being sarcastic over how minimal effort it took to win that one match?

The beauty of Random mode, well..  The next match will not be the same.

For a minimalist, this was an ideal match..

GJ OP

[KILL]
Members
943 posts
10,873 battles
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

With the pathetically low XP numbers across enemy team, and equally feeble potential damage you are showing, it does not look like you tanked all that much.

Thats because everyone on their team fired about 4 rounds before the game was over.  But keen observation

Edited by WES_HoundDog

[TMS]
Members
3,348 posts
33,110 battles

The amount of one side not pushing has gone through the roof.

Members
9,159 posts
11,172 battles
41 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

...Er, you took 4k damage, and only just over 400k potential. That is not tanking. You only fired 24 shells, on top of that.

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,623 battles

Wow, one game and it's official!

Good to know, good to know.

:cap_book:

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts

Randoms are not co-op. Ships don't go straight into the enemy. They also don't go for the cap and sit in there next to the enemy.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,884 posts
9,912 battles
32 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

The amount of one side not pushing has gone through the roof.

A  heck of a lot of people seem to fear losing  HP - I call it "save a star".  How the heck people can play a BB and not use all that gorgeous yummy healing power is beyond me.

[HINON]
Members
3,253 posts
26,486 battles
1 hour ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

Not true some bots are better than random players

what this man said ^^^^

try being in a match with a Pensacola captain who allowed a spotted destroyer with less than 2k hp close the gap and dev strike him with torps all the while he was shooting at a healthy BB at his max range. A bot has better situational awareness.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is the counter to those who whine about twenty minute camp-fests. :cap_haloween:

this kinda proves that you'll never be able to balance anything.......!  We will never be happy.  Unless, our host in the complete opposite direction it is moving in..........making the game more deadly and where precision and skill are the standard versus having gimmicks all over the place to control player value.  They are drawing the game inward to become a FFA arcade shooter and population density holes are creating stomps that speed up the game.....and, that is their revenue generation metric:  > throughput = > profits... 

It is funny !!!

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Thanks Wging for this completely unengrossing game.   I truly felt like i was playing World of Warplanes Beta.

Hide contents

xvCSrgd.jpg

Hide contents

gGNJSBt.jpg

Crap happens when the other team refuses to contend for the caps in Domination mode.  What's WG supposed to do about it?  They can't exactly force the non-aggressive players into getting in there and trying to prevent the other team from taking the caps.

[SALVO]
Members
1,952 posts
6,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Crap happens when the other team refuses to contend for the caps in Domination mode.  What's WG supposed to do about it?  They can't exactly force the non-aggressive players into getting in there and trying to prevent the other team from taking the caps.

Yeah there wasn't even a CV for me to blame here.     

1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Reveal hidden contents

xvCSrgd.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

gGNJSBt.jpg

OP What actually happened here?  everyone just solo rushed in and died ? 

Members
1,410 posts
10,532 battles
49 minutes ago, TheKrimzonD3mon said:

...Er, you took 4k damage, and only just over 400k potential. That is not tanking. You only fired 24 shells, on top of that.

The battle lasted 5 minutes, the enemy team was zeroed out by the 6 deaths. I honestly don't understand how half the team could die that fast but games like that aren't so uncommon these days. It wouldn't surprise me if many of the people on both sides were still in spawn when the battle ended.

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
14 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Yeah there wasn't even a CV for me to blame here.     

OP What actually happened here?  everyone just solo rushed in and died ? 

From what I can see, I think that the OP's team took all the Domination mode caps and the battle ended quickly on points.  Maybe a mercy rule win.  Or maybe a quick victory in the other direction (i.e. reaching 1000 points).

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,697 posts

Not really seeing any resemblance to Co-op here. 

One of the teams appears to have turtled.  At least in Co-op you can count on the reds to actually engage.

[KILL]
Members
943 posts
10,873 battles
21 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not really seeing any resemblance to Co-op here. 

One of the teams appears to have turtled.  At least in Co-op you can count on the reds to actually engage.

You would be wrong, at least from my perspective

[KILL]
Members
943 posts
10,873 battles
1 hour ago, Bguk said:

Randoms are not co-op. Ships don't go straight into the enemy. They also don't go for the cap and sit in there next to the enemy.

uhuh

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts
3 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

uhuh

My sarcasm font is in the shop.

[ALWC]
Members
1,179 posts
13,948 battles

I had a random end in under 5 min, and I sank 3 ships. Was finishing 4 and 5. Yammy was perma fire and dd was toast as smoli unleashed hell. I had 70k in dmg. 35k in fire. Confederate, kraken, witherer plus 1st blood were probably mine. High caliber not out of the question and it ended. No caps. 4 refs died. None of ours. It was over so fast and I was mad. Was going to be an epic game 

had a bunch that went the other way including an entire flank rushing wide on hot spot and me in the Yammy. The push got stuffed but I’m where the Yamato is supposed to be hitting targets from 15-20 km. Ended up first on my team, doing my job and get reported twice for not pushing up. Because the Yam is such a brawler. That one ended in 8 min but I managed a respectable 130k 

Edited by wstugamd

Sign in to follow this