You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shaddowze

Reminder: This Squadron's Visibility is 8.1km. If there is an unspotted enemy ship within it it will tell the Squadron it has been detected. This means this area has a ship in it somewhere. This is not balanse.

62 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,386 posts
15,783 battles

Works the same for ships. 

bird balancing GIF

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,770 battles

So what exactly is your problem? is the squadron detection too low? is it the information that you are detected too useful? What changes would you make to make it "balanced" as you see it?

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,386 posts
15,783 battles
13 minutes ago, Shaddowze said:

Ships are not planes and you only get one. Thanks for playing. 

You are correct the plane detection should be much smaller. Enjoy your day.

OK Now having said that. It is a game mechanic. It is for player to get feed back. It is not about realism there is not sixth sense skill that is real but it does add fun.

So yeah plane is detected player has feed back that he is in the right area....warmer....warmer.... etc. 

It is balanced and it is fun.

Cheers.

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
11 minutes ago, Shaddowze said:

Ships are not planes and you only get one. Thanks for playing. 

BOOM

This one sentence explains exactly why CVs do NOT belong in WoWs in their current iteration.

You have a YOLO ruleset (No respawns) and yet have ships that can sit across the map unspotted and without risk to their actual ship and still do damage/interact/spot enemy ships...  That is 100% antithesis to balanced gameplay in this format. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles

Let's play a game. Your planes are spotted by an unseen ship and you tell me from that initial spot where that ship is in the 180 degrees direction it could be.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,884 posts
9,934 battles
1 minute ago, Shaddowze said:

4 sentences is a wall of text? Lol. 

In a title - YES

Titles drive interest -  titles are not there to be your TL/DR or your thesis statement

You made it worse by not explaining what the heck you meant and relying upon a pic & a link.

TL/DR

COMMUNICATE HARDER!!!!!!!!

• Cool 1

0 posts
22 minutes ago, Shaddowze said:

Reminder: This Squadron's Visibility is 8.1km. If there is an unspotted enemy ship within it it will tell the Squadron it has been detected. This means this area has a ship in it somewhere. This is not balanse.

balanse :

the conflation of balanstm and balance? Could this be a new way to describe features which are borderline OP?

also OP, you have been spending too much time on Twitter, I think.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles

Yeah, instead of, like you did in the Reddit, just shoot down what anyone says without explanation and thank them for playing, how about at least semi-properly opening up an avenue for discussion?

[REVY]
Members
2,280 posts
12,229 battles
9 minutes ago, otakuben said:

Let's play a game. Your planes are spotted by an unseen ship and you tell me from that initial spot where that ship is in the 180 degrees direction it could be.

^  this

Even if the aircraft are detected, you still need a direction to go towards to find the target visually.

Alternatively, you want to lower the aircraft's visibility? Ok, then you get stealth airplanes that won't be seen until they are attacking. How many people are going to throw a fit then that they didn't see the airplanes until the bombs/rockets were exploding?

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles
6 minutes ago, Varknyn12 said:

BOOM

This one sentence explains exactly why CVs do NOT belong in WoWs in their current iteration.

Housecats and Norway rats don't belong in Australia either, but they're there, and not going anywhere.

We all know CVs don't really belong in WoWS in their current iteration. But it's the iteration we have.

Australians aren't giving up their feline pets, and exterminating all the rats would be too costly and cause collateral damage. Given that, how do we mitigate the damage to the ecosystem?

Members
61 posts
3,280 battles

I do this all the time. You read your minimap. It's not rocket science. Especially coupled with plane speeds which even the slowest are around 3 times as fast as a ship. 

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles
1 minute ago, Shaddowze said:

I do this all the time. You read your minimap. It's not rocket science. Especially coupled with plane speeds which even the slowest are around 3 times as fast as a ship. 

That's not an answer.....

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles
5 minutes ago, Shaddowze said:

Sorry if I am not catering hard enough to the lowest common denominator. 

That's just it, you are.

By not clearly stating a basic premise or two, you're not providing any hooks for discussion, just hooks for trolling.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
5,897 posts
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

I severely dislike CVs. However I don't see this particular feature as a major problem.  

It is one of the reasons its so easy to troll DDs at the start of the game.  A CV player knows where to start looking, directly across from where his own DDs have spawned.  They fly out and when their planes get spotted they can look at the mini map and  they have a very good idea of where the DD is.  They certainly know if the DD has pushed out or is staying close to support.  If the DD pushed out you attack, if it stayed close to support, move on to find the next DD and troll him.

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
29 minutes ago, Shaddowze said:

4 sentences is a wall of text? Lol. 

For a Title? Yes

[R-F2]
Members
727 posts
9,869 battles
18 minutes ago, otakuben said:

The instant the detected indicator lights up, the ship is somewhere on the edge of the detection range circle in the direction the planes are going. The instant it turns off, the ship is on the edge of the circle in the opposite of the direction the planes are going. Usually you can narrow it down enough between the detected indicator turning on and off, last known positions, locations of other friendly and enemy ships, and understanding how ships move to find it pretty quickly. It's not that hard to use the detected indicator to chase down a DD in a ship that goes a few knots faster (the limitation is that enemies can shoot at you while you do it, and it's not necessarily a good use of time), and planes go five times as fast.

There are bigger problems with CVs but I don't see a reason why planes need the spotted indicator in the first place.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,024 posts
14,281 battles

The ship can see me but I cannot see the ship. I don't know, sometimes until it's too late, whether I'm going to run into a weaksauce Kagero or Cossack, or a full AA spec Neptune or Minotaur that is going to hack my planes out of the sky before I can turn out of his AA gun aura.