You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TriHard_DodgeDealership

why does nobody talk about how op the thunderer and georgia are

72 comments in this topic

[R-F]
[R-F]
Members
705 posts
27,739 battles

I will answer that for you:

They are not OP. 

OK so whats the next question?

• Cool 8

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

Nobody talks about "how OP" they are because most people don't see them as OP. 

(Also wondering how many gripe-threads one player can start touting their own personal hangups as things "everyone" thinks in a single day.)

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
133 posts
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Nobody talks about "how OP" they are because most people don't see them as OP. 

(Also wondering how many gripe-threads one player can start touting their own personal hangups as things "everyone" thinks in a single day.)

Flamu is on record saying that if Kremlin didn't exist then Thunderer would be the best battleship. its op

• Boring 2

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,072 battles

Yes, and  krasny krym is also super OP, right next to Kremlin, please nerf ASAP!

[KRAB]
Members
890 posts
7,343 battles

It's because average players can't leverage their strengths. The Kremlin lets you get away with a lot of crap where the Thunderer or Georgia would be deleted. 

• Cool 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
2 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

Yes, and  krasny krym is also super OP, right next to Kremlin, please nerf ASAP!

No, don't nerf my Krasny!  

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,360 posts
14,164 battles
2 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

Flamu is on record saying that if Kremlin didn't exist then Thunderer would be the best battleship. its op

Just because someone considers it the best, that doesn't make it overpowered.  That just means it's very good in the hands of a skilled player.

Please realize that resource ships like Thunderer and Georgia aren't readily available to the masses, so the players helming them are likely of a higher skill level, which elevates their stats above tech tree ships available to both good and bad players.

For instance, if you locked a decidedly average ship like Izumo behind a resource wall like the ships you mentioned, its stats would likely be inflated as well due to the same factors.  It's not so much the ship as it is the players using it.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,930 posts
11,605 battles

why does nobody talk about how many threads youve made in the past week?

• Funny 7

[WOLFG]
Members
9,633 posts
8,624 battles
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

why does nobody talk about how many threads youve made in the past week?

Fear of more being made.

• Funny 6

Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles
9 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

The best battleship does not make it OP. If you nerfed it then the next best BB would be OP using your logic so we would have to nerf it too and so on and so on.  
For the record I have almost every T10 BB except Thunderer, which I can buy anytime with my 400k coal. I don't think Kremlin is OP. I've played it and I've played against it. I've destroyed Thunderer many times with my Conqueror. 
It's not the ship. It's knowing how to play them and play against them.

• Cool 2

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

In randoms thunderer is better than Kremlin.... BUT it is not Russian therefore nobody cares. Georgia is fantastic at T9, Ohio better at T10, but again, not russian. If someone says Kremlin is OP then turns around and says Thunderer is fine, they don't know enough to be in that conversation to begin with.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The best battleship does not make it OP. If you nerfed it then the next best BB would be OP using your logic so we would have to nerf it too and so on and so on.  
For the record I have almost every T10 BB except Thunderer, which I can buy anytime with my 400k coal. I don't think Kremlin is OP. I've played it and I've played against it. I've destroyed Thunderer many times with my Conqueror. 

TRUTH.

In MMOs generally, and in WG products specifically, there's this bonkers belief in the playerbases that the "best" unit is always OP and always needs to be nerfed, and that the "worst" unit is always UP and always needs to be buffed.... and when this belief infects the developers, it results in an endless stupid cycle of up and down adjustments that were never needed and degrade the game over time. 

• Cool 2

[D3BT]
Members
371 posts
6,199 battles

And here I was thinking the Hawkins was OP in Co-Op...... :Smile_trollface:

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles
31 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

Thse two ships are absolutely number 2 and 3 right behind kremlin in terms of OPness. Georgia is basically a tier 10 ship

They're OP but compared to what ???

Power creep.. Its real, wait till you met the BB Benjie...

Judging by people's reaction, they like the power creep, they like the feeling of BBs being able to be the superior in game ship class. 

Its the trend for 2020, I dont see it changing for more inclusive/neutral or less OP/over capable ship class policies.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

According to the data: The majority of high tier battleships are overpowered, some by a very large margin.

According to WG decision making trends: Not going to ever balance battleships and will continue to nerf ANYTHING that hinders their dominating performance. 

12 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The Kremlin is overpowered according to the data, and so is the Thunderer, and so are most high tier BBs. It doesn't matter how many times you claim to have sunk one.
http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200215/na_2month/average_class.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200215/na_2month/average_ship.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstats/index.html

As far as the bolded and underlined part. At least you got that part correct. His logic is the same flawed and benighted reasoning that WG utilizes. Remember when they nerfed the YY? They claimed it was because it was performing better than the rest of the tier 10 DDs. They continuously make changes and claim the justification as based on a comparison between a ship and other ships of the same type ONLY. This is a fallacious comparison as ALL ships interact with ALL ship types in the primary game mode. This means when making balance conclusions, the performance of a subject ship/type must be compared to all ships of all types limited only to the same tier to prevent injecting bias into the samples.

Edited by Varknyn12
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 5

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,184 battles

9 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

In randoms thunderer is better than Kremlin.... BUT it is not Russian therefore nobody cares

Which is better in random though were most of us play ?

• Confused 1

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
12 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Which is better in random though were most of us play ?

24 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

In randoms thunderer is better than Kremlin

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TFLT]
Members
281 posts
13,303 battles

We're to busy talking about how the Smolensk and the CV rework are ruining the game. 

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,184 battles

2 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Sorry had a brain fart went to work at 5 am just got home need coffee bad .

• Cool 1

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
19 minutes ago, Varknyn12 said:

The Kremlin is overpowered according to the data, and so is the Thunderer, and so are most high tier BBs. It doesn't matter how many times you claim to have sunk one.
http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200215/na_2month/average_class.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200215/na_2month/average_ship.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstats/index.html

The problem with stats like these is that you have to decide how you judge if something is OP. Is it judged by its capability? Is it judged by its average performance? Seeing as the "average' player has little grasp of some basic parts of the game and is generally low skilled, ships with the highest skill FLOOR, BBs, will appear stronger on average, while ships with the highest skill CEILING, Cruisers, will appear stronger at their best. So if you're looking at overall capability, cruisers are easily the strongest. But looking at average/poorly played, BBs are strongest. Meanwhile we can pour one out for our DD homies while the CVs tax them

[WOLFG]
Members
29,104 posts
8,332 battles
46 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

NOW you tell me, I'd have gotten that instead of Georgia.....

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,184 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

NOW you tell me, I'd have gotten that instead of Georgia.....

Next time just look at my stats …..  Any ship I have an over 50% win rate in with over 60 games played you know is OP . 

• Funny 1