You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dbw86

STEAM ACCOUNT to WOWS

9 comments in this topic

[BTLST]
Members
616 posts
9,423 battles

I have a Steam Account under the game name OLEME86.   It asked me to change my password which I did and now I am trapped in a nightmare circle!   I enter the new changed and accepted password to access my STEAM WOWS account and it does not recognize my new PASSWORD, nor any prior PASSWORDS.    I tried another new password which was accepted and I can use it to log into STEAM VALVE but not into my STEAM WOWS account.    Of course, their support I've found is limited, with no live chat or phone contact.  Just choose what they give you and that is not working.

CAN I remove my WoWs OLEME86 Account from STEAM and return to logging in directly to WoWs completely disassociated with STEAM without losing ships and such???????      But then I still have the problem of getting in my STEAM WOWS account to even move it.

PLEASE can anyone help this dumb old man!    Thanks, OLEME86

Edited by dbw86
forgot to check notify me of responses

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,457 battles

Once you are logged into Steam you should be able to play wows through Steam, so that is confusing.  If you are ever told to change your password, never go through an email even if it looks legit.  Steam wows and game center wows are separate.

[BTLST]
Members
616 posts
9,423 battles

It was the STEAM Site that kept having me change Passwords and then not recognizing them.

[BTLST]
Members
616 posts
9,423 battles

How do I get to my WoWs game from the main STEAM site?????

[-K_P-]
Members
410 posts
3,450 battles
2 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

How do I get to my WoWs game from the main STEAM site?????

Try sending a support ticket to WG via the `Player Support' link at the top of the worldofwarships website.  If there is a way to transfer to the gaming center they would know how.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
1 hour ago, Crij said:

Try sending a support ticket to WG via the `Player Support' link at the top of the worldofwarships website.  If there is a way to transfer to the gaming center they would know how.

This sounds like Steam support needs to be involved too.

[-K_P-]
Members
410 posts
3,450 battles
On 2/18/2020 at 3:55 PM, BrushWolf said:

This sounds like Steam support needs to be involved too.

Steam support would have nothing to do with moving the Steam Account to Wargaming Center as the OP was asking about.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
4 minutes ago, Crij said:

Steam support would have nothing to do with moving the Steam Account to Wargaming Center as the OP was asking about.

I was referring to the log in issue. There used to be a way to play a Steam account to play without using Steam but I have no idea if it still works.

[BTLST]
Members
616 posts
9,423 battles

STEAM finally sent me a laundry list of tons of things to try, sort of like blasting at me with a sawed-off shotgun.   I decided to try the Re-Down Load (as that was something I felt I could do) and everything was magically returned to working once again.    But STEAM's Customer Support is horrible and WoWs is far, far superior to it.  

Thanks to all who replied as I read every one of them and appreciated your input!