Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ralph_Vargr

Cued Others About Smolensk

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

164
[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

On another game forum I alerted the WOWS player section that then Smolensk would soon be gone for steel.

Two persons immediately picked it up. The consensus was that Smolensk was Tier 11 DPS goodness. Also, the ship was *not* coming back, due to it being, well, Smolensk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,070 posts
15,905 battles

It was never a steel ship. It was a coal ship. It's also a very over-rated ship that does average or below average compared to other T10 cruisers. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,118
Members
6,858 posts
15,321 battles

The more clueless players that have it the better. Keep bringing down its stats. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,480
[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,106 battles
38 minutes ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Smolensk would soon be gone for steel.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg.65f5030e4b14033e796963e77377774e.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,754 posts
23,311 battles
48 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The more clueless players that have it the better. Keep bringing down its stats. 

I approve of this message :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
6 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It was never a steel ship. It was a coal ship. It's also a very over-rated ship that does average or below average compared to other T10 cruisers. 

Details, details. It's going to be gone, soon, for sale, in whatever currency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
6 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It's also a very over-rated ship that does average or below average compared to other T10 cruisers. 

Not according to my friends, who called it a T 11 ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[TARP]
Members
51 posts
6 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

The more clueless players that have it the better. Keep bringing down its stats. 

I resemble that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,118
Members
6,858 posts
15,321 battles
1 hour ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Not according to my friends, who called it a T 11 ship.

I would expect a t11 ship to be winning more often when matched against ships a Tier below it and putting out more damage than all the t10 tech tree cruisers. 

But smolensk doesn't. Stats show that the more smolensk a team has than the other team, the more likely that team is to lose. It's a ship that has no staying power, no ability to push, requires its team to support it and gets deleted by the slightest mistakes. It's incredibly powerful when a good player is using it and knows how to use it. It's a liability when a below average player uses it. The ultimate high floor high ceiling ship. And because bad players do horribly in it, it is not overpowered. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
296
[-TKS-]
Members
824 posts
14,539 battles

Not sure what this thread is about . OP want a medal?

 

I myself told 418 people .....

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
42 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Not sure what this thread is about . OP want a medal?

 

I myself told 418 people .....

OP already has RL ones. Congrats on the social network, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,118
Members
6,858 posts
15,321 battles
29 minutes ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

OP already has RL ones..

Please share, real life accomplishments trump all. We can measure trophy cases against each other. 

 

Edited by Ducky_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,976
[ARGSY]
Members
20,061 posts
14,295 battles
18 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

I alerted the WOWS player section that then Smolensk would soon be gone for steel.

You meant for coal, but I'm glad I bought mine on day 1. Out of respect for the loathing against her, I took her into Randoms only once (maybe twice????).

In co-op she farms main battery hits and fires for directives, and she can do torpedoes at a pinch. She helped get me my first Russian 19pt captain. 

Stalin laughs as the bots scream and burn. She is worth every scrap of coal I paid for her.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
560
[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,703 battles

I actually like the Colbert more has it is more of challenge than the Smolensk is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,623 battles
40 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You meant for coal, but I'm glad I bought mine on day 1. Out of respect for the loathing against her, I took her into Randoms only once (maybe twice????).

In co-op she farms main battery hits and fires for directives, and she can do torpedoes at a pinch. She helped get me my first Russian 19pt captain. 

Stalin laughs as the bots scream and burn. She is worth every scrap of coal I paid for her.

That's why I got the Smolensk, I mainly play BBs, but really needed something that had a really great fire rate (I miss the old Cleveland) and would be great for completing objectives in co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
246 posts
310 battles
13 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I would expect a t11 ship to be winning more often when matched against ships a Tier below it and putting out more damage than all the t10 tech tree cruisers. 

But smolensk doesn't. Stats show that the more smolensk a team has than the other team, the more likely that team is to lose. It's a ship that has no staying power, no ability to push, requires its team to support it and gets deleted by the slightest mistakes. It's incredibly powerful when a good player is using it and knows how to use it. It's a liability when a below average player uses it. The ultimate high floor high ceiling ship. And because bad players do horribly in it, it is not overpowered. 

Just wanted to quote this so it gets more eyes. This cannot be reiterated enough.

It's pretty much an auto-loss when there are more than 2 Smols in one team. Especially when there is only one DD to go around.

There's not a single ship in this game that isn't "OP" in skilled hands and utter shite in incompetent hands. Smolensk simply multiplies the effectiveness of the player; if you're good, then you are better. If you're bad, then you're worse. And the overwhelming majority of you are bad, which makes the ship bad, which is clearly present in its stats.

And those of you stacking 2-man, 3-man Smol divs to be meme-worthy; just stop. You're practically shooting yourself in the face.

Edited by KosmicRavioli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
616 posts
81 battles
4 hours ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Just wanted to quote this so it gets more eyes. This cannot be reiterated enough.

It's pretty much an auto-loss when there are more than 2 Smols in one team. Especially when there is only one DD to go around.

There's not a single ship in this game that isn't "OP" in skilled hands and utter shite in incompetent hands. Smolensk simply multiplies the effectiveness of the player; if you're good, then you are better. If you're bad, then you're worse. And the overwhelming majority of you are bad, which makes the ship bad, which is clearly present in its stats.

And those of you stacking 2-man, 3-man Smol divs to be meme-worthy; just stop. You're practically shooting yourself in the face.

I dont concurred with you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
224 posts
6,093 battles
On 2/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, STINKWEED_ said:

It was never a steel ship. It was a coal ship. It's also a very over-rated ship that does average or below average compared to other T10 cruisers. 

Lots of people think of a coal ship as a steel ship since steel converts to coal at 10 to 1. It is virtually impossible to earn enough coal to get one of these ships since you need hundreds of bags of coal to get one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
224 posts
6,093 battles
On 2/18/2020 at 1:12 PM, Ducky_shot said:

The more clueless players that have it the better. Keep bringing down its stats. 

This is true. In the hands of a top player Smolensk can be ruthless burning down ship after ship but it has a high threshold of difficulty. The average player will bring down its DPM (Damage Per Minute).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
917
[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,511 battles
On 2/18/2020 at 3:01 PM, 1SneakyDevil said:

I approve of this message :Smile_veryhappy:

i second that

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,425
[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,349 posts
20,035 battles
On 2/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, Ralph_Vargr said:

On another game forum I alerted the WOWS player section that then Smolensk would soon be gone for steel.

Two persons immediately picked it up. The consensus was that Smolensk was Tier 11 DPS goodness. Also, the ship was *not* coming back, due to it being, well, Smolensk.

Reason its going away is because bad battleship players hate it

 But since that's what most of WGs players are well…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,070 posts
15,905 battles
45 minutes ago, GoldDust2015 said:

Lots of people think of a coal ship as a steel ship since steel converts to coal at 10 to 1. It is virtually impossible to earn enough coal to get one of these ships since you need hundreds of bags of coal to get one.

I didn't realize you can buy steel with coal. I thought it was only the other way around. If so, you are right. You would need 250k steel for 25k of steel. Better off keeping the coal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,905
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,761 posts
4,630 battles
On 2/19/2020 at 1:53 PM, GoldDust2015 said:

Lots of people think of a coal ship as a steel ship since steel converts to coal at 10 to 1. It is virtually impossible to earn enough coal to get one of these ships since you need hundreds of bags of coal to get one.

Look at my battle count.  I have Coal ships - bought with Coal - Salem, Smolensk, Jean Bart, Yubari, Charleston, with 50,000 in the bank. 

Don't try your bu!!ship around people who actually have a clue.

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,754 posts
23,311 battles
23 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Look at my battle count.  I have Coal ships - bought int Coal - Salem, Smolensk, Jean Bart, Yubari, Charleston, with 50,000 in the bank. 

Don't try your bu!!ship around people who actually have a clue.

I have over 600K coal and have bought the Smolensk when it hit the armory. Not sure what he's doing to find it hard to acquire coal. He's probably selecting More Flags for his crates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×