You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

Scuttlebutt #44 (featuring Marceau)

5 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,685 posts
13,100 battles

It's TUEEEEEEEESDAY! Time for more Scuttlebutt. This week, check out pre-nerf Tier X Premium French destroyer Marceau as I catch you up on all the latest goings on.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,644 posts
10,722 battles

I've seen a few of these in games.  I was even in a game a week ago where you were on the other team.  You guys wrecked our team  The Marceau is is tough to hit when juking around and shooting back at you.

edit:  This was the game I was in.

Edited by Murcc
  • Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,523 posts

One cannot help but notice not ONE Radar was used in this round.  I'm pretty sure many DDs could do this well if there were no threat of Radar.   Sitting in multiple caps , close range Torping Multiple times... not once radar-ed.    I may die once a week from an ambush. 95% of the time it's being focused after Radar.

There's also that lack of a CV too but I won't go into that.

Col Out

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

One cannot help but notice not ONE Radar was used in this round.  I'm pretty sure many DDs could do this well if there were no threat of Radar.   Sitting in multiple caps , close range Torping Multiple times... not once radar-ed.    I may die once a week from an ambush. 95% of the time it's being focused after Radar.

Col Out

Ooooooor

The DD player positioned himself well to avoid Radar.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,685 posts
13,100 battles
22 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Col Out

I actually kept WANTING a CV to face off against my Marceau and test out her AA.  She has pretty good AA stats, and comes with Defensive Fire.  Still haven't managed it.

Not every game is covered in radar, despite what a lot of people think.  Also, given that my base detection is nearly 8km, radar isn't going to pick out Marceau often when she wouldn't otherwise be detected.  Note that I started the game playing on the 10 line until I had a decent idea where their radar was.  While capping C, I knew where the DM was (out of range) and where the Stalingrad was (in range, but behind an island).  I actually expected the Stalin to radar me, but he didn't.  That's his call, not mine.  The second Stalin I encountered I was too busy burning down for him to bother radaring, apparently... not that it would have mattered much, as I was well spotted entering the cap and mostly while capping.  They didn't have any ships in position to do much about it.

Charging a cap immediately at the start of a game isn't always the right play.  Especially in a "destroyer" with a detection radius like Marceau's.