Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TriHard_DodgeDealership

russian ships always get the best of the things that matter and downsides in the areas that dont

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
133 posts

the soviet ships always have: the best guns, the best dispersion patterns, the best shell arcs, speed, and trajectory. the best penetration(stalinium), most range, and usually the best armor and health.

their downsides are always things that don't matter as much, like maneuverability/secondaries/detection. it's why russian ships usually can't handle for a crap but it doesn't matter because they are the ultimate gun platforms.

meanwhile we have nations like the germans and ships like roma where the most important thing, the guns, are just terrible. but yet they get some bonus in a meme stat like handling or armor.

 

Moskva, Stalingrad, Kremlin are all great examples. Awesome pen, shell arcs/trajectory, range, stalinium shells, health(except for smolensk). What are their downsides? Uhhh they can't handle or turn that well.

 

Upcoming russian cruisers are the same thing. Ridiculous range, shell arcs, 1000+m/s/ stalinium shells, good armor. Russian ships always get the best gun stats armor and health. And their "downsides" are always stupid stats that dont matter as much like handling.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,625 posts

and good luck advocating anti-Russian, you could try 'it's not fun anymore', yet it will not fly either, so try to get a bunch of Dudes that will try hysterically to stress your point with many different treats claiming just outrage, and it will not work either...then you should go and take a look to the server stats, and...oops, not fitting your premise, so the stats are wrong, right? Of course they are wrong, because they do not fit your bias, so by definition they should be wrong...follow the $$$ Dude, that's my recommendation, and the $$$ are invested on IJN DD, USN CL/CA/BB, and on...VMF BB...

Edited by loco_max
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,353 battles
31 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

the soviet ships always have: the best guns, the best dispersion patterns, the best shell arcs, speed, and trajectory. the best penetration(stalinium), most range, and usually the best armor and health.

their downsides are always things that don't matter as much, like maneuverability/secondaries/detection. it's why russian ships usually can't handle for a crap but it doesn't matter because they are the ultimate gun platforms.

meanwhile we have nations like the germans and ships like roma where the most important thing, the guns, are just terrible. but yet they get some bonus in a meme stat like handling or armor.

 

Moskva, Stalingrad, Kremlin are all great examples. Awesome pen, shell arcs/trajectory, range, stalinium shells, health(except for smolensk). What are their downsides? Uhhh they can't handle or turn that well.

 

Upcoming russian cruisers are the same thing. Ridiculous range, shell arcs, 1000+m/s/ stalinium shells, good armor. Russian ships always get the best gun stats armor and health. And their "downsides" are always stupid stats that dont matter as much like handling.

ous3PeE.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
610
[GRAVE]
Members
1,410 posts
19,878 battles
58 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

 the best guns

DD wise the French above T8 win

 

58 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

the best dispersion patterns,

every normal cruiser uses the same dispersion. Also, Zao (and Japanese heavy cruisers) get DD dispersion, which is better. And Kron has US BB dispersion, Alaska and Azuma do not, they have a much better dispersion.

1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

speed,

the French and Italians would like a word.

1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

he best penetration(stalinium),

DD wise, nope. Cruiser wise, heavy cruiser AP wins over light cruiser AP. Plus, Yoshino and Puerto Rico have better pen than Moskva

1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

most range

Henri gets close, Yoshino out does Moskva, and others get close.

1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

and usually the best armor and health.

tell that to every RU cruiser before Moskva. Oh and a broadside Moskva and Stalingrad are called Free Citadels

1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

like maneuverability/secondaries/detection

in a game centered around positioning, you greatly underestimate bad stealth and mobility. Also a broadside Moskva and Stalingrad are called Free Citadels, and no stealth and mobility means it can be very easy to get alongside one and farm free citadels

1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

Moskva, Stalingrad, Kremlin are all great examples. Awesome pen, shell arcs/trajectory, range, stalinium shells, health(except for smolensk). What are their downsides? Uhhh they can't handle or turn that well.

Moskva and Stalingrad are not OP and are easily countered.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
337 posts
1,113 battles

Guess what- there’s only Russian bias if people don’t allow OP Russian ships. Every nation have its own OP ship(s). It’s just multiple of OP Russian ships is released at one time. 

Edited by JEFFREY_LEI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I made the mistake in WoT for not grinding Russian Tanks.   Night and Day difference in balance

 

Annnd I made the same mistake in Wows, not grinding the Russian line first.  

 

If you can't beat them, join them, and that is why my first coal ship is the Smol

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
927
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,016 posts
12,506 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:
2 hours ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

Moskva, Stalingrad, Kremlin are all great examples. Awesome pen, shell arcs/trajectory, range, stalinium shells, health(except for smolensk). What are their downsides? Uhhh they can't handle or turn that well.

Moskva and Stalingrad are not OP and are easily countered.

Not to mention flat shell trajectories are an extraordinary handicap around any meaningful land mass. Especially headlands within Soviet Radar range.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
344
[WOLFC]
Members
520 posts
7,794 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

DD wise the French above T8 win

 

every normal cruiser uses the same dispersion. Also, Zao (and Japanese heavy cruisers) get DD dispersion, which is better. And Kron has US BB dispersion, Alaska and Azuma do not, they have a much better dispersion.

the French and Italians would like a word.

DD wise, nope. Cruiser wise, heavy cruiser AP wins over light cruiser AP. Plus, Yoshino and Puerto Rico have better pen than Moskva

Henri gets close, Yoshino out does Moskva, and others get close.

tell that to every RU cruiser before Moskva. Oh and a broadside Moskva and Stalingrad are called Free Citadels

in a game centered around positioning, you greatly underestimate bad stealth and mobility. Also a broadside Moskva and Stalingrad are called Free Citadels, and no stealth and mobility means it can be very easy to get alongside one and farm free citadels

Moskva and Stalingrad are not OP and are easily countered.

 

No, no, no. Keep letting people believe that Russian BBs are OP, and they don't need to angle at all. In fact, broadside is best, the Stalinium will protect them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
287
[-BMV-]
Members
539 posts
19,728 battles

SH7zsM3.thumb.jpg.ac38f4c923e0fe0f25474eed30c53add.jpg

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
40 posts

Look at the stats on the Stalingrad compared to every ship in the game... Yes it has a weakness but like he said they are tiny compared to the uber gun platform it is.. How many crusiers can bow tank a BB like the Stalingrad none. All so with the up coming changes to MM with only 2 DDs per side Stalingrad is going to be a beast.

Henri got a nerf on speed as soon as you turn it bleeds like no tomorrow.

Can i get a list of them OP ships that you are talking about Jeffrey_lei, just so I can laugh, Russian ships get the least nerfs of any ships. Look at Kremlin so called  nerf.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
133 posts
5 minutes ago, Lostkiwi_Disturbed said:

Look at the stats on the Stalingrad compared to every ship in the game... Yes it has a weakness but like he said they are tiny compared to the uber gun platform it is.. How many crusiers can bow tank a BB like the Stalingrad none. All so with the up coming changes to MM with only 2 DDs per side Stalingrad is going to be a beast.

Henri got a nerf on speed as soon as you turn it bleeds like no tomorrow.

Can i get a list of them OP ships that you are talking about Jeffrey_lei, just so I can laugh, Russian ships get the least nerfs of any ships. Look at Kremlin so called  nerf.

 

is the game really getting changed to only 2 dd per side

 

oof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,879
[FML]
Members
4,120 posts
16,057 battles
6 hours ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

is the game really getting changed to only 2 dd per side

 

oof

I really hope not. 

Particularly given how many teams have a a DD (or two) that yolos and this an instant loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
Members
1,803 posts
11,768 battles
9 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Cruiser wise, heavy cruiser AP wins over light cruiser AP. Plus, Yoshino and Puerto Rico have better pen than Moskva

So first you say big guns have more pen than small guns, then you say big guns have more pen than small guns. I see what you did there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
501 posts
14,327 battles

People hiding behind islands and not maneuvering to shoot at a bow tanking Russian ship is the problem. Your playing against the russian strengths. Stop hiding and crossfire a russian cruiser and youll punish it. 

I cant tell you how many games Ive played in Moskva that I bow in and hold off 2 BBs and a cruiser at long range. The cruiser never advances on me and they get target fixated on me. My teammates advance and hit their sides. 

Learn not to play into the strengths of the russian ships. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×