Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Otago_F111

module TLS auto loaded on DD's?

11 comments in this topic

[AN2AC]
Members
145 posts
8,939 battles

I was checking through some of my DD's and noticed that the TLS (Torpedo Lookout System) had been "selected" for my Z39 and another (maybe Cossack).

So I would never swap this for Concealment, and went to change it back.... as you can see it wants 2M. What the duck is going on here?

WOW CHANGES.jpg

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts

Did you have TASM1 on those ships?

IF you did, Wargaming "helpfully" pulled the jerk move of auto-replacing your TASM1 with a TLS on those ships, which is a stark downgrade from TASM1.

TLS will cost you a net of 1 million credits per ship to replace with something actually useful. 

[WOLF8]
Members
650 posts
9,292 battles

Because of the updates being made to upgrades, the dismounting of them will be free of charge for a period of 1 week from the release of Update 0.9.1.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-091-british-cruisers-part2/

Still free to demount ...for a short while longer.

[AN2AC]
Members
145 posts
8,939 battles
24 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

TLS will cost you a net of 1 million credits per ship to replace with something actually useful.

yes, but I didn't want that selection in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

Still free to demount ...for a short while longer.

yes again, but its going to cost me to replace it. they took something away, replaced it with something I don't want, and now I have to pay for the change!!! 

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles

Selling the TLS out of inventory after dismounting will at least get you a few credits towards the replacement.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts
13 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

yes, but I didn't want that selection in the first place.

I understand that, I was only pointing out what happened.  I disagree both with the removal of TASM1 from the game, and with how it was handled as a forced swap with no way to refund the entire price of a now-useless upgrade (TLS). 

If you read the rest of my post, that should have been clear.

Now, if you actually had the Concealment upgrade in that slot, and somehow got TLS shoved in there,  you should send in a ticket to support telling them you want your concealment upgrade back -- but this is the first I've heard of TLS being force-changed on anything but a TASM1 install. 

[AN2AC]
Members
145 posts
8,939 battles

With a lot of ships I'm "assuming" I had concealment, to be 100% sure ... no I'm not, but if they took something away maybe they should have refunded the module and left it blank?

Anyway I think I need to go through the rest of my ships to see if there are any others like it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts
1 minute ago, Otago_F111 said:

With a lot of ships I'm "assuming" I had concealment, to be 100% sure ... no I'm not, but if they took something away maybe they should have refunded the module and left it blank?

Anyway I think I need to go through the rest of my ships to see if there are any others like it.

They absolutely should have refunded the full 2 million, and not force-swapped it.

TLS is a straight downgrade from the now-removed TASM1.

[PVE]
Members
1,122 posts
9,557 battles

Thanks for posting OP, I had 9 or 10 new modules I didn't want on my ships that I missed the first time (was primarily focused on the upgrades for my US BBs). I barely had the credits to get everything equipped. Luckily selling the new mods was enough to fund their replacements.

Sign in to follow this