Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rub_My_Cit_Harder_BB

Buff spotter planes: Increase distance from ship

5 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
19,527 battles

Spotter planes always hover near a ship and can barely spot enemy ships.  This is not accurate to what a spotter plane was historically used for - to spot things!  Spotter planes should hover around a ship at a farther distance away from it - like 3 or 4km away so ships farther away can be spotted.  Also reintroduce second spotter plane commander skill which would be beneficial to surface ships. 

• Confused 1

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
806 posts
8,174 battles

? i suppose this is true, but in game the spotter plane isnt really doing much itself, just extending gun range and giving you a different (some argue better some argue worse) viewing angle, yes this is somewhat inaccurate but i think its more usefull then the historical spotting in this games mechanics. the second spotter plane command skill was interesting but since spotting torps was nerfed to nothing at all would be redundant.

[SALVO]
Members
25,843 posts
28,206 battles
1 hour ago, CloudySix said:

Spotter planes always hover near a ship and can barely spot enemy ships.  This is not accurate to what a spotter plane was historically used for - to spot things!  Spotter planes should hover around a ship at a farther distance away from it - like 3 or 4km away so ships farther away can be spotted.  Also reintroduce second spotter plane commander skill which would be beneficial to surface ships. 

The thing is that in this game Spotter planes exist to increase gun range.  Frankly, most ships that have spotter planes don't really need more gun range.  Some do, but not most, IMO.  I wouldn't mind the idea of spotter planes being able to fly all around the map.  It might be nice to be able to plot a course for them, and for the spotter planes to be on a timer.  And when the timer expired, the plane flew directly back to its ship (perhaps in the same way that CV planes climb up to high altitude and make their return flight unspotted).

This might be a bit tricky to program though, since you'd be setting up the autopilot for the spotter plane, not the ship itself.

[HINON]
Members
13,832 posts

Spotter planes are for spotting the fall of shells. Which is sort of what happens when you activate it and the view changes as well as the range increase. 

[SPTR]
Members
27,224 posts
17,206 battles

won't this kind of buff promote more camping, passive play & map border humping? 

Sign in to follow this