Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hukom

Directive No. 2 — Age Old Traditions

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,071
[FRR]
Members
820 posts

Hello, fellow players. How goes the Patch 9.1 grind?

I just started with Directive 2, and one of the missions require using a cruiser to score 15 torpedo hits.

I think this was an interesting mission. If my memory is correct, missions that require torpedo hits usually involve destroyers. For cruisers, it'd be ships destroyed or citadel hits, or something like that.

I could be wrong in my recollection; nevertheless, I find that using a solid cruiser can help in finishing this particular mission. It took me two games, first with Zao for 7 torpedo hits, and then with Prinz Eugen, for the remaining 8.

How about you? Any tips on the remaining missions in Directive 2?

 

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.02.18 - 01.00.44.23.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
562
[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,415 posts
15,851 battles

I find most of the british cruisers to be quite useful for this

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,071
[FRR]
Members
820 posts
3 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

I find most of the british cruisers to be quite useful for this

The heavies? Or the old reliable ships such as Fiji, Minotaur?

I don't have the new ones at Tier VII and up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
562
[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,415 posts
15,851 battles

All of them with torps seem useful, I imagine Fiji would be great, and Mino terrific.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,342
[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,566 battles
  • 24 fires with destroyers:  Friesland, Akizuki, Harugumo, Kitakaze...high rate of fire ships with India X-Ray signal.  I did it in Co-op.  Get in range of a couple of battleships, smoke up and spam away.
  • 11.5M potential damage with battleships:  Any battleship in Random, as the games are longer and you can take more fire.  The higher tier the better, because of more damage.  I am getting about 2M potential per game.  I am also running Commander XP camo and signals to double-dip the Commander XP directive.  I am playing in Random anyway, and Random offers more XP for the directive below.
  • 130k commander XP:  anything in Random with commander XP camo and signals.  See above ref. 11.5M potential damage.
  • 15 torpedo hits with cruisers:  Completed in Co-op because YOLO.  Used Emerald because it has two launchers per side, and aimed to go between two red ships.  French cruisers are also good because of the speed boost to help you get to the front line.  If you don't act quick in Co-op, you will miss out.

That's my 4.  I'll get a few more bonus completions throughout the week.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,073
[SALVO]
Members
25,816 posts
28,151 battles

For cruisers, I think that the key to making it easier is using a cruiser that has 2 torp launchers per side.  This would include cruisers such as the Emerald (IIRC), the Eugen and Hipper, and the Minotaur.  The Eugen and Hipper have the upside of being very sturdy cruisers that can get into close range brawls and survive to get their torpedoes off.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Still at work, but probably going to use the following - all in CO-OP with many signals, flags and camo.

24 fires with destroyers:  Cossack

11.5M potential damage with battleships: Yamato, Kurfurst

130k commander XP:  Cumulative with other missions, probably in Operations mainly for me:  New Mexico (regrinding line), Pensacola, Devonshire.

15 torpedo hits with cruisers:  Surrey, Ablemarle, Flint, Yorck

Probably take some more time in CO-OP, but well worth not having the frustrations and toxic nature of randoms.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,071
[FRR]
Members
820 posts
46 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I used the Prinz Eugen as she has enough armor to get close enough to launch torps.  

Exactly. Used her also and I got 8 in one match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,071
[FRR]
Members
820 posts
47 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:
  • 24 fires with destroyers:  Friesland, Akizuki, Harugumo, Kitakaze...high rate of fire ships with India X-Ray signal.  I did it in Co-op.  Get in range of a couple of battleships, smoke up and spam away.
  • 11.5M potential damage with battleships:  Any battleship in Random, as the games are longer and you can take more fire.  The higher tier the better, because of more damage.  I am getting about 2M potential per game.  I am also running Commander XP camo and signals to double-dip the Commander XP directive.  I am playing in Random anyway, and Random offers more XP for the directive below.
  • 130k commander XP:  anything in Random with commander XP camo and signals.  See above ref. 11.5M potential damage.
  • 15 torpedo hits with cruisers:  Completed in Co-op because YOLO.  Used Emerald because it has two launchers per side, and aimed to go between two red ships.  French cruisers are also good because of the speed boost to help you get to the front line.  If you don't act quick in Co-op, you will miss out.

That's my 4.  I'll get a few more bonus completions throughout the week.

I find the 11.5M potential damage with battleships mission to be the easiest so far. Kremlin and Montana work for me best. 

I'll start the destroyer-centric mission later. I'm not sure yet how to best do it since I don't have a high DPM destroyer and I'm not a DD player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,071
[FRR]
Members
820 posts
22 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Still at work, but probably going to use the following - all in CO-OP with many signals, flags and camo.

24 fires with destroyers:  Cossack

11.5M potential damage with battleships: Yamato, Kurfurst

130k commander XP:  Cumulative with other missions, probably in Operations mainly for me:  New Mexico (regrinding line), Pensacola, Devonshire.

15 torpedo hits with cruisers:  Surrey, Ablemarle, Flint, Yorck

Probably take some more time in CO-OP, but well worth not having the frustrations and toxic nature of randoms.

I must say this destroyer mission has me thinking of exploring DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
34 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

I must say this destroyer mission has me thinking of exploring DDs.

I am definately not a DD player,  I however grinded the US and British DD lines to Tier X.

Did not find a DD that even halfway suited my playstyle until Cossack, Lightning and Fletcher.

I've tried Japanese, German, French and Pan-Asian all the way through VI/VII.....all no.

Hopefully you find your DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[PHD]
Members
194 posts
13,361 battles

I'm just playing and seeing what happens. All co-op with no extra signals or camo.

It's a week until the next directive, so the torps and fires are just going to happen anyway. Not sure about the potential damage yet. And the CXP isn't much more than you get just for the first 2 containers each day.

D4 is the one that looks to be a problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,539
[WOLF3]
Members
28,780 posts
25,041 battles

I was playing Aegis several times to only find out that not much of Operations count for this directive.

2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I used the Prinz Eugen as she has enough armor to get close enough to launch torps.  

High Tier German CAs are great for this specific mission.  They're fast, tough enough to get you to drop torps, and they have plenty of them to get hits with.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,661
[PVE]
Members
20,106 posts
12,950 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:
  • 24 fires with destroyers:  Friesland, Akizuki, Harugumo, Kitakaze...high rate of fire ships with India X-Ray signal.  I did it in Co-op.  Get in range of a couple of battleships, smoke up and spam away.
  • 11.5M potential damage with battleships:  Any battleship in Random, as the games are longer and you can take more fire.  The higher tier the better, because of more damage.  I am getting about 2M potential per game.  I am also running Commander XP camo and signals to double-dip the Commander XP directive.  I am playing in Random anyway, and Random offers more XP for the directive below.
  • 130k commander XP:  anything in Random with commander XP camo and signals.  See above ref. 11.5M potential damage.
  • 15 torpedo hits with cruisers:  Completed in Co-op because YOLO.  Used Emerald because it has two launchers per side, and aimed to go between two red ships.  French cruisers are also good because of the speed boost to help you get to the front line.  If you don't act quick in Co-op, you will miss out.

That's my 4.  I'll get a few more bonus completions throughout the week.

You can rack up a respectable potential damage number in co-op. Just shoot in your BB early so that the bot BBs shoot back at you at long range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[PHD]
Members
194 posts
13,361 battles

I'm guessing potential damage doesn't include friendly torps?

I just took a spread from a teammate for 10.5 K damage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,359
[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,265 posts
22,187 battles

I love the torp part I was in a game in coop this morning me in my Kidd and the rest of the team in cruisers at the start of the match all green at the half were pink 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[PHD]
Members
194 posts
13,361 battles

I swear the bots know I'm trying to farm PD. I just played consecutive battles with Bayern and Queen Elizabeth. The results were 8500 and 27500 PD respectively.

I had much better success with ARP Kongo. Maybe that colorful camo makes for a better target because that battle yielded over 500K PD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,678
[WORX]
Members
11,949 posts
19,486 battles

Normally I use the ATL or the Flint for cruiser torp mission... I also know not everyone is comfortable with that proposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
657
[CO-OP]
Members
1,842 posts
26,618 battles

Eugen and Minotaur sorted the Cruiser torp hits. A selection of DDs sorted the RNG pointless fires one. I really wish they would remove the RNG dependent ones. I took out Harugumo, 1 fire in over 200 hits.  Friesland 2 fires in 300 hits. Very irritating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,031
[WOLFG]
Members
11,139 posts
10,380 battles

I don't have any really high tier DDs, but the Vauquelin has a high fire chance and got 7 fire in the one game I played in it.

Didn't play a lot of cruiser (too many BB games, I couldn't get shot at), but I got 3 each between Emile Bertin, and Yorck.  I'm spacing out the ships I use to take advantage of the Frosty Fir camos I have with the 125% commander XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,539
[WOLF3]
Members
28,780 posts
25,041 battles

I used Harugumo, Kleber, Mogador to do the DD Fires mission.  I would have done it quicker if I had stopped having too much fun using torpedoes with Kleber and Mog...

 

I started using FDG & GK for the BB Potential Damage mission but I'll work that off in the days to come.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[WOLFO]
Members
594 posts
5,491 battles

still stuck on 65k XP from page 1, gonna take awhile. Such a high threshold...blergh.. 3/4 needed finished.... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×